OFFICIAL HOCKEY THREAD: NHL, KHL, NCAA, IIHL

Can't even steal a damn game. Penguins got us looking like a ****** league squad out there.

Tough losses for both games for the Sharks. They had a shot but couldn't pull through. Just gotta take care of home ice now.

homies. homies. homies....the ******* Sharks defense. jesus christ. game 1: braun on goal 1, braun on goal 2, martin on goal 3. game 2: polak on goal 1. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE ******* plays. they really need to shorten that bench with the defense pairs. two games in a row that EPIC fails by that third pair of braun and polak have costed the sharks. shorten that ******* bench, peter. i know you've rolled all 18 guys for most of the season, but can't keep it going.

martin jones has been playing phenomenal. i don't blame him one bit. that OT goal tonight, my first gut reaction was c'mon bro. but that goal was just a great all around possession and execution by pitt. they had him (jones) screened perfectly. and that faceoff win (by the crosby?) just great.

and as bad as that third pairing has been for SJ on defense, offense needs to wake up. clean up that passing. i'm amazed that they haven't generated **** offensively.

lastly, crosby is playing ******* great right now. i hate it. but it's true.

Last edited:
^Braun and Polak isn't the 3rd pair. Vlasic plays with Braun and Dillon plays with Polak. There is not much SJ can really do to shelter any of their D because of the 3 line attack the Pens have with Crosby/Malkin/Kessel on different lines. Sharks gotta start scoring some goals. They've got too much talent up front not to start putting more pucks in the net.

^Braun and Polak isn't the 3rd pair. Vlasic plays with Braun and Dillon plays with Polak. There is not much SJ can really do to shelter any of their D because of the 3 line attack the Pens have with Crosby/Malkin/Kessel on different lines. Sharks gotta start scoring some goals. They've got too much talent up front not to start putting more pucks in the net.

oh that's right, it is dillon and polak. either way, you gotta lean on your top guys more. they're all playing between 17 and 23 minutes. polak looked like what i would look like out there on that first pitt goal tonight :lol:

and at the end of the day, you're right. it's about the offense. they're not doing anything.

it's frustrating to see. and i'm not even a god damn sharks fan :lol:

i just saw a joe thornton crying jordan pic on twitter but the feed refreshed before i could grab it. too soon :smh:

San Jose Sharks defenseman Justin Braun will take a leave of absence after Game 2 of the Stanley Cup finals on Wednesday to attend the funeral of his father-in-law, former NHL player Tom Lysiak.

assume he's back for Saturday though

Last edited:
Got to give credit to the Penguins. Martin Jones is the only reason the first 2 games have even been close. Need to regroup and see if we can put some boosters on those skates or something. Looking like confused sheep out there being chased by wolves.

Sidney Crosby wins faceoff and sets up OT goal exactly as he planned it
play

PITTSBURGH -- It's almost too ridiculous to be true.

And if the story didn't have Sidney Crosby as its focal point, it might well be the stuff of fancy, a kind of Stanley Cup playoffs fable.

But there he was, the Pittsburgh Penguins captain gathering his teammates before a faceoff in the early moments of overtime in Game 2 of the Stanley Cup finals. Crosby told Sheary to move from his normal position on the draw to the boards. He explained that he was going to win the draw back to defenseman Kris Letang and then Letang was going to give Sheary a pass in the middle of the ice, where the San Jose Sharks weren't likely to expect him to be.

Conor Sheary followed the instructions. It's Crosby, right? And Crosby won the draw and Letang feeds Sheary, who ripped home the game-winner.

Sheary joked after that the only thing Crosby did not detail for him was how he was going to find the back of the net at the end of the play.

The 2-1 win gives the Penguins a 2-0 series lead with Games 3 and 4 in San Jose on Saturday and Monday.

But the manner in which the Penguins won this game was their postseason in a nutshell.

Was it a surprise he won the crucial faceoff?

Probably not. He was one of a handful of guys skating on Tuesday at an optional practice at the Penguins' practice facility and part of the time was spent working on the draw.

"He's just been a horse out there," Penguins head coach Mike Sullivan.

"For me right now, I think he's inspiring for our group," the coach said. "I know our players recognize the effort that he's putting in. You can see it in his body language. He's excited about this opportunity that we have."

In Game 2, Crosby did not score but he did win 17 of 24 faceoffs, including the game's biggest that earned him a secondary assist on the winner. He is 26-for-40 in the faceoff circle through the first two games of the series.

It's an edge that irks some San Jose Sharks.

"He cheats," Couture said. "He gets away with it. He's Sidney Crosby."

How so?

"He times them and they don't kick him out for some reason, probably because of who he is," Couture complained.

Cheating or not, it was Crosby's vision of the game that set the stage for the dramatic ending to Game 2.

He explained that they'd tried to get a lot of quick shots and one-timers away from the point and he figured the Sharks would be coming hard trying to get a block and maybe an odd-man rush the other way.

So he audibled.

When he saw where the line of questioning was going, Crosby tried to downplay the instant mythology of the moment by joking that he usually called 25 faceoff plays a night and he was wrong on 24 on Wednesday.

Nice try.

brace yourselves :lol:

and logan...that's pretty much why i don't like you. no one likes a whiner. let your coach work the officials and do the gamesmanship ******** with officials.

i just saw a joe thornton crying jordan pic on twitter but the feed refreshed before i could grab it. too soon :smh:

? :nerd:

thank you, Sos :lol:

DMX getting ready to pop bottles :nerd:

my Shark buddies at work are all pretty down. they haven't given up hope but they're in shock. hopefully the Sharks can find their game Saturday so we can have an actual series.

Was that not being floated around in this thread around December/January?

I distinctly remember someone saying Malkin was the "best player in the world".

He definitely flipped a switch and went insane the 2nd half of the year. Dude seems to be on a mission

Back
Top Bottom