OFFICIAL 2021 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea but you also quickly shifted from this isn’t happening because they won’t have the votes to TAMU having to stand pat with their ceremonial but inconsequential vote for no :lol:. It’s funny regardless and I don’t have a dog in this fight.
I don’t think anyone expected this to be this far down the line when it leaked. It had already basically reached the point of no return. :lol:

I’m surprised Arkansas and Missouri didn’t offer more resistance, given the reality is they ran from Texas at first opportunity for the same reasons A&M largely did.

But it is what it is - the emotion of dealing with Texas obviously doesn’t outweigh what everyone seems to know is coming financially…

The shift in how media rights are valued and - frankly - where the NIL shifts are going to push college football, everyone is probably seeing the opportunity to roll in cash and saying “**** it”.

ND barely has any reason to join a conference as it stand right now and if the playoffs expand they’ll have even more reason not to

Doesn’t ND have some clause or agreement that if they were to join a conference it would be the ACC? I swear I heard a talking head mention this on espn.

N41D N41D is AM the only school that would potentially vote no? What about Missouri?

This whole thing would be absolutely hilarious if schools ended up voting no (won’t happen but still).

Tate Martell is *** my dude

Tate. SMH. Almost feel bad for homie that his entire life peaked in high school and his sister is an Instagram THOT.

WOW. At the Frost stuff. I had heard about that about a month ago but didn't post anything about it because I thought no way was that stuff true. Yikes. Apparently he is also drinking heavily. Going back home to a clown show like Nebraska will do that to you. Pressure busts pipes or makes diamonds. Good ol' Dr. Tom set him up for failure (things have not always been great between Frost and Huskerland) and now a native son and Husker legend is going down in flames.

Long live the Tommie Frazier era!

In all honestly though, how much resistance can Mizzou and Arkansas actually offer?
Within the scope of the SEC?

Probably none if they didn't have a 4th 'no'. And with media rights shifting the way they have, Florida and South Carolina and Georgia have less incentive to uphold whatever "same state" objections they all used to be in a soft agreement on.

Especially with the ACC being locked into TV deals for an eternity - there's no leftover threat of those schools realistically being on the market.

N41D N41D is AM the only school that would potentially vote no? What about Missouri?

This whole thing would be absolutely hilarious if schools ended up voting no (won’t happen but still).
A&M is supposedly meeting on the 28th to review the implications on the financials and determine how to vote from the President's level.

It sounds like everyone else has fallen in line and that vote is a formality at this point.

The cashflow probably actually matters to Arkansas and Missouri and on a "per subscriber" basis for a streaming/standalone platform, Texas and Oklahoma will bring everyone substantial cost.

I don’t think anyone expected this to be this far down the line when it leaked. It had already basically reached the point of no return. :lol:

I’m surprised Arkansas and Missouri didn’t offer more resistance, given the reality is they ran from Texas at first opportunity for the same reasons A&M largely did.

But it is what it is - the emotion of dealing with Texas obviously doesn’t outweigh what everyone seems to know is coming financially…

The shift in how media rights are valued and - frankly - where the NIL shifts are going to push college football, everyone is probably seeing the opportunity to roll in cash and saying “**** it”.
Missouri didn’t leave the Big 12 because of Texas. In fact, Missouri leaving the Big 12 destabilized the conference more than A&M did.

Missouri didn’t leave the Big 12 because of Texas. In fact, Missouri leaving the Big 12 destabilized the conference more than A&M did.

Why did Mizzou leave the Big 12? Being around their fan base fairly frequently has led me to believe Texas played a big role in them leaving.

Why did Mizzou leave the Big 12? Being around their fan base fairly frequently has led me to believe Texas played a big role in them leaving.
A lot of the Missouri bad blood came when they accepted the invite to the SEC & Texas folks were dissing them thru the media.

The Big 12 had uneven revenue splits & they felt they deserved more of the revenue seeing as the brought the 2nd biggest market to the to the conference. I believe at the time they were behind Texas, A&M, OU, Nebraska & Kansas. People forget Missouri originally wanted to join the Big Ten & had been taking to them behind the scenes as early as 2008 but Nebraska beat them to the table convincing the Big Ten that they could bring everything Missouri could.

Neither point is true at all.

Missouri left the Big12 explicitly because of all the dysfunction. Who causes or caused - literally - all of the dysfunction in that conference? And pushed explicitly to continue uneven revenue splits at every step of the way?

Texas announces Longhorn Network after failing to get A&M to move West or agree to a joint in-state network. A&M announces they're leaving. Within weeks Mizzou announces they were, too.

Missouri only further destabilized what was already falling apart.

Neither point is true at all.

Missouri left the Big12 explicitly because of all the dysfunction. Who causes or caused - literally - all of the dysfunction in that conference? And pushed explicitly to continue uneven revenue splits at every step of the way?

Texas announces Longhorn Network after failing to get A&M to move West or agree to a joint in-state network. A&M announces they're leaving. Within weeks Mizzou announces they were, too.

Missouri only further destabilized what was already falling apart.
Knowledge of the Big 12 instability didn’t become known until Missouri came out publicly and said they wanted to join the Big Ten. Schools like Nebraska, Oklahoma, Colorado & Missouri had been wanting to separate themselves from the old Big 8 for decades, that baggage just came along with them when Texas schools brought their baggage &made it one big happy dysfunctional family.

Yeah, it’s going to be weird

I wonder if it’s actually turn some people off of the game
That feels inevitable for the old farts that swear by college football because it’s “not professional sports”…

But does that matter, ultimately? People are still going to be emotionally attached to college football.

67CC1094-618E-4EB9-8B2B-BC61AF51608E.jpeg

The divisions would need some balancing, but this group of 64 makes a hell of a lot of sense. Maybe BYU finds a way in for the PAC over KSU because they carry so many eyeballs?

This is going to create the opportunity for the smaller D1 schools to finally have their own subdivision to actually compete for their own division/national title.

I really don’t get why people think WVU gets in over Cincinnati outside of them already being in the Big 12 but sounds like the ACC is not interested :lol:.

I really don’t get why people think WVU gets in over Cincinnati outside of them already being in the Big 12 but sounds like the ACC is not interested :lol:.
I could see that.

Definitely seen the whispers the ACC doesn’t want them.

Would the ACC prefer Cincinnati? Is UC + ND their goal in an expansion scenario?

I could see that.

Definitely seen the whispers the ACC doesn’t want them.

Would the ACC prefer Cincinnati? Is UC + ND their goal in an expansion scenario?
I’m not sure the ACC actually wants Cincinnati either but I don’t think WVU is getting that spot. But I can’t really think of a Big 12 team that really makes sense either. FSU and Miami would not be in favor of UCF getting a spot either.

Man, if left as is, some of those pods in divisions look brutal. Like the SEC West and South. I did read you mentioned they need some balancing, but damn.

Man, if left as is, some of those pods in divisions look brutal. Like the SEC West and South. I did read you mentioned they need some balancing, but damn.
OU, Texas, A&M, LSU and Bama, Barn, UF and UGA is borderline hysterical.

I didn’t realize the ACC basically owns Notre Dame from now til eternity if they decide to go conference affiliated.

Making a move feels inevitable/necessary, but I guess it makes sense the B1G wouldn’t be in a rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom