OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are things really that bad at CU? On paper that job should probably be better than MSU.

Is Alfano going to stick around now?

Idk if I would say bad but I think there were some communications issues because there were a few recruits that were borderline due to grades and CU wouldn’t take them. I’ve heard Mel was told that admissions would be eased up on for players he wanted... FWIW

I doubt Alfano wants to miss another year. Plus his GF and family live in CO now from what I understand

casper90403 casper90403 He's not Justin but should I be excited if we land Jonathan Flowe? :lol:

-----

1581540416482.png

5 Star CB Dontae Manning liked the above tweet. Y'all about to add another Dawgs?
atlsfinest atlsfinest @10508 cardo jr ln @N41D tmay407 tmay407 @Christian Pulisic
nah, not high on him. I was high on him if we were to land big bro though!

nah. The pac12 is a wreck. Can’t compete with the Big10 or SEC financially due to the TV deals. MSU makes an additional $22 mill or something than CU just based off of TV deals.

Sure, Tucker did what everyone would do and take more money but would you have spent a week on local radio talking up the program while knowing your agent is trying to get this done? Tucker was at a donor event for CU last night hours before the news broke, is that normal? Is leaving your program high and dry after National Signing Day normal? He a *** *** snake

Go Buffs

I saw he was on the radio as recently as yesterday talking up why he refused MSU and how CU was where he wants to be :lol:

Haven't listened to this comedian (never even heard of him until a few months ago) before, but his story about a HS FB experience has some funny moments.

I saw he was on the radio as recently as yesterday talking up why he refused MSU and how CU was where he wants to be :lol:
Apparently according to the Audible, his thought process was that he was Colorado HC until he wasn’t, so he bristled at the thought of stepping back while these negotiations were ongoing. He was on a donor tour still during all of this :lol:

Tucker coached at MSU and coached in the Cleveland/Ohio area for ten years. It makes sense as a move. Colorado also, realistically, probably has a ceiling that MSU has already shown it can surpass. He can also probably recruit more easily to MSU than he will be able to at CU. He's not going to beat out UT/TAMU for Texas kids and this was the only year he was gonna beat out SC/UCLA for west coast kids.

And for double the salary, probably with guarantees? The move was a no-brainer for him.

It's just hilarious that he made it a day after claiming he wouldn't.

He's not going to beat out OSU/ND/Michigan/PSU for any OH kids they want either. Not to mention Cinci and UK are still going to be a problem for them on the trail, and while having a black coach will help recruiting in Detroit, the Blackwell thing is still going to hurt them with Dantonio still having a role in the AD. MSU's ceiling was inflated because of Michigan being inept, and Dantonio and Narduzzi being ahead of the curve defensively. Neither of those things are going to be true for Mel most likely.

I don't know the ins and outs of CU's AD but a lite version of what Mac built there should still be possible. There are TX and CA kids every year that fall under the radar, the Super Bowl MVP was a 3* that went to TT despite being one of the most physically gifted QB's we have ever seen.

Some of the CO guys can correct me if I'm wrong but I doubt even during Mac's run they were getting the 5*'s out of TX or CA either, because even Nebraska didn't get those guys outside of a few famous cases. There is a blueprint out there for them if the AD gets their **** together and they hire the right guy.

Would Eric Bienemy take the job? Seems like a no brainer. Feels like he's so close, yet so far away, from a HC position in the league.

Would be a downgrade to take that position.
from an NFL OC position? Downgrade in money too? Feel like he could get $3m+ from colorado. If I'm colorado, i probably don't touch him knowing he was so successful in the league and will bounce if the opportunity comes

from an NFL OC position? Downgrade in money too? Feel like he could get $3m+ from colorado. If I'm colorado, i probably don't touch him knowing he was so successful in the league and will bounce if the opportunity comes
If he fails in Colorado he can kiss his nfl dreams goodbye. Rather wait for head coach position then if head coach position doesn’t work then go to college game.

Would Eric Bienemy take the job? Seems like a no brainer. Feels like he's so close, yet so far away, from a HC position in the league.
He’s probably getting a job next offseason, if not, he’s got the best OC job in the league. A college job without great resources wouldn’t be a good move.

And considering he was part of a regime that’s already failed there before I think he’d be crazy to go back there knowing the situation CU is in.

And considering he was part of a regime that’s already failed there before I think he’d be crazy to go back there knowing the situation CU is in.
Colorado is hesitant to hire him because of what you mentioned. Bieniemy has been part of two failed regimes.

I could see DC getting the job at CU. Well respected and the players love him. I'm biased because when I was living in Denver I would go to his coaching clinics and dude was great.

IMO, zero chance that EB takes that job in Boulder. Why would you leave KC, Reid and Mahomes for the CU job. EB will get an NFL job. It is a question of when not if.

I like UGA to win the SECC this year. Bama starting a frosh QB and UGA bringing back a lot of guys on defense. The only issues is that you play Auburn, UF, and Bama, while Florida only plays you and LSU.

I like UGA to win the SECC this year. Bama starting a frosh QB and UGA bringing back a lot of guys on defense. The only issues is that you play Auburn, UF, and Bama, while Florida only plays you and LSU.
FB_IMG_1574001586497.jpg

Georgia owns Auburn. We've won 12 out of the last 15 and the game is in Athens. I'm always confident against Florida, despite the media hype. It's really about the Bama game to me. At Mizzou might be a trap game. I see us being 11-1, winning the division and being the SECCG with a shot at the playoffs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom