OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gerard Martinez (who is tight with Donte Williams) said that SC sees this as an Ed Orgeron type move. Donte’s a guy who would remain on staff as a mainstay and as the lead recruiter even if there are multiple regime changes; Orgeron was there through Hackett, Carroll, Kiffin, and would have stayed with Petersen.

Donte said he made the move due to has dad’s aging and failing health:

Kid announces for Ole Miss at signing day. A day later Ole Miss says he didn’t have an offer. Kid insists that Ole Miss gave him a verbal offer at his official visit the weekend prior and promised to send his NLI during the day so when he announced he thought he really was going to Ole Miss. No NLI shows up so he signs with North Texas.

Lane is off to a fast start down there.

That Houston young Nigerian scene too much. I coulda told you he wasn't gonna flourish in the way he needed to down there.

What exactly is Ed Reed going to be doing in his new position? Is he going to be with the team day to day? Verde Shuttles Verde Shuttles dacomeup dacomeup
Seems like he's going to be with the team a lot, but not day to day. Seems like he's going to be another set of eyes for the coaches re: practice, weight room, and even in coaches meetings/gameplanning from what it seems like. I'm sure he'll work individually with guys on film study and stuff too, plus they'll absolutely use him for on-campus recruiting and making calls.

Anthony Beavers.

Ehhh. It’s a start Christian Pulisic Christian Pulisic

200.gif

That makes more sense. Also makes sense why he’d wait til his bonus kicked it in; he wasn’t originally planning to leave.

———

Looks like Vic So’oto from UVA is going to be the next DL coach casper90403 casper90403 tupac003 tupac003 :

They’re making another hire, a director of high school relations or something, which could be Armond Hawkins though that doesn’t fully make sense considering the rule against hiring coaches of kids you’re recruiting for support roles that the NCAA put in place

Yeah, Armond is being talked about. WOUld shock me. Prefer they stay away from him. He'd actually be a great hire though because he's great at brain washing kids and their families but I think he's a ****** dude.

Yeah, Armond is being talked about. WOUld shock me. Prefer they stay away from him. He'd actually be a great hire though because he's great at brain washing kids and their families but I think he's a ****ty dude.
****** why? Because he gives off a kinda exploitative vibe?

----

Greg Biggins on Miller Moss v. Jake Garcia: "Moss is a more talented player and that will be reflected in our next rankings. Among their peers in the area, you won't find anyone who likes Garcia more, my guess is if Moss does commit there, I could see Garcia opening things up."

"Moss is kind of the 'people's champion' and most respected among his peers and local coaches. He's the one both MD and Bosco went after this off-season to replace Bryce and DJ. He's so dang smart, on par with say Bryce Young in terms of being chalk board savvy and being able to process things and think the game. Has the quickest release out west and probably the best deep ball accuracy. I'd give Garcia a slight edge in terms of velocity and he has a better frame, bigger kid with more room to grow. They're both great kids but with Miller playing for Premium the last couple of years, he's the guy a lot of the local kids rally around."

casper90403 casper90403 you were on this way before him.

Last edited:
$6 mill assistant pool. They should’ve just let Tressel interim and reboot next year. But get your money black man.
I dont think they could have had another subpar recruiting class with a lame-duck coach... Better hire an AD that is on the same page with Mel

Why waste your time. Might as well rip the bandaid clean off and start all over again. Emphasis on a fresh, new start.

I hope Mel knows what he is getting himself into. MSU upper leadership isn't the greatest or the strongest right now.

Back
Top Bottom