OFFICIAL 2020 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who will the four teams in the College Football Playoff be?

• Alabama

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • Clemson

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • UGA

Votes: 22 51.2%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Oklahoma

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • UF

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Ohio State

Votes: 12 27.9%
  • Auburn

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Michigan

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Someone else

Votes: 17 39.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FB_IMG_1574001586497.jpg

Georgia owns Auburn. We've won 12 out of the last 15 and the game is in Athens. I'm always confident against Florida, despite the media hype. It's really about the Bama game to me. At Mizzou might be a trap game. I see us being 11-1, winning the division and being the SECCG with a shot at the playoffs.
Hmmm. How's your offense looking.

Hmmm. How's your offense looking.

No idea lol. New QB, new OC, no offensive line coach. All we really know is that we have George Pickens and alot of talented, yet inexperienced players. I feel comfortable at running back and offensive line (despite the departures)

Colorado should hire Sark
Grosss, no thanks.

They won't. They should hire Andy Avalos. But they probably won't.

Hoping for Avalos or Alex Grinch.

as far as Bienemy, yes, it would be an awesome splash hire but don’t think it happens. I’m sure CU would be fine if he came to Boulder for 3 years and then bounced to the NFL for a HC position but after what Tucker did, I have the feeling that our Athletic Director Rick George will take into consideration how long a candidate MIGHT stick around . Also, his personality didn’t mesh well with players last time he was here., FWIW.

I like UGA to win the SECC this year. Bama starting a frosh QB and UGA bringing back a lot of guys on defense. The only issues is that you play Auburn, UF, and Bama, while Florida only plays you and LSU.

You think Young beats out Mac Jones before they play SC?

I know people ding him because of the game against Auburn but he still threw for 335 and 4 TDs. He’s not Tua but he’s not Coker or Blake Sims either.

Last edited:
You think Young beats out Mac Jones before they play SC?

I know people ding him because of the game against Auburn but he still threw for 335 and 4 TDs. He’s not Tua but he’s not Coker or Blake Sims either.
If Young is the guy who people think he is, then I think that job is his right away. It’s not a Hurts/Tua situation.

Lol I hope Young does start tbh

I don’t know that Saban throws a first time starting QB out there in week 1 on that stage though. I imagine Young plays some but idk that you want to risk rattling him in a game like that Vs an Orlando defense that typically blitzes you to hell. Then again if it’s like last time and Bama is down at the end of the first maybe Young plays most of the game 🤷🏾‍♂️

Bear Bryant‘s great grandson is on that depth chart too as a RS Fr.

They’re going to back to being run heavy for sure. I don’t think starting Bryce would be that crazy. Especially with their OL, RBs and returning WRs.

I don’t know that Saban throws a first time starting QB out there in week 1 on that stage though. I imagine Young plays some but idk that you want to risk rattling him in a game like that Vs an Orlando defense that typically blitzes you to hell. Then again if it’s like last time and Bama is down at the end of the first maybe Young plays most of the game 🤷🏾‍♂️

Is USC even a stage anymore though?

He threw a kid out there for the first time in the second half of the national title game, I wouldn’t be shocked

No idea lol. New QB, new OC, no offensive line coach. All we really know is that we have George Pickens and alot of talented, yet inexperienced players. I feel comfortable at running back and offensive line (despite the departures)
No offensive line coach????? Who is matt luke then?? Jamie newman will be fine just need him to dig into the PB. Todd Monken gonna give us an identity that kirby wanted years ago but wouldnt overstep chaney or coley to give us the look he wanted. We have YOUNG players and 70% of the freshman played last season we will be fine just wait on it you will see.

No offensive line coach????? Who is matt luke then?? Jamie newman will be fine just need him to dig into the PB. Todd Monken gonna give us an identity that kirby wanted years ago but wouldnt overstep chaney or coley to give us the look he wanted. We have YOUNG players and 70% of the freshman played last season we will be fine just wait on it you will see.
You don’t think Kirby wanted the pound it out hard nose offense you guys had?

I hope Bryce doesn't start in game 1. I don't need to see my ex doing well after me.

I meant to say new offensive line coach. I'm confident in our team next season but I'm also realistic. Alot of inexperienced (and very talented) players on offensive and we're gonna be running a whole new system.

I still see us going 11-1 (loss @ Bama), being top 5, winning the division and playing for a playoff spot in the SECCG.
You don’t think Kirby wanted the pound it out hard nose offense you guys had?

I think Kirby wants to pound it. I think Nick Saban still wants to pound it. Like Saban, Kirby has come to the realization (probably a year or two too late) that you can't just run the ball and play just enough offense to win nowadays. You need a dynamic offense and I'm happy to see us bring in a guy with air-raid experience to help us usher in a new era.

Back
Top Bottom