Official 2009 ALCS Thread LAA Angels ( 2 ) vs NY Yankees ( 4 ) YANKEES WIN !!!

Yea I guess you right. I do think that Girardi would risk sunday to Wednesday for CC, Mon to Weds is a definite no go. But Pettitte has done it for ya in thepast, hes earned the right to go out and pitch that game.

abd15165c85a8268fd040f098328ed78830af0d.gif

Major League Baseball has announced that tonight's game between the New York Yankees and Los Angeles Angels at Yankee Stadium has been postponed due to inclement weather. The game is rescheduled for Sunday, October 25 at 8:20 p.m.

vytflu.jpg

I just got in so I only found out about the postponement a few minutes ago. Guess I'll be watching hockey tonight.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

Originally Posted by onewearz

being a jet patriots fan FTW
laugh.gif
I'm still heated though. Rain +!%$ blocked me today.
tired.gif
You weren't touching no vag son.

laugh.gif
Did that at least make you crack a smile?
laugh.gif
I was about to say some smart %*$! back before I saw theend...

Something about your post count, was just tryna word it right.
laugh.gif

It's all love Pro. <3
Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Since the game is officially postponed, I will ask my question again since it seems like it was blown over before since it was a lot of ifs.
Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

The only question I would have is if the game is rained out tonight and moved to Tomorrow would you guys want Girardi to pitch CC on his normal 3 days rest and if he gets beat pitch Petitte in game 7. Keep in mind that if it gets rained out tonight and CC has to pitch a game 7 on Monday he will not be ready for the start of the series with the Phillies if they make it. Those are the types of decisions I would not want to make as a manager.

Because on one hand I would definitely want CC pitching game 7 for me, but if that happens AJ ends up prolly pitching game 1 vs the Phillies (if they advance) and thats not exactly how I would want to start a series.

Just a thought on this rainy day here in the Northeast
So your thoughts. For me it would be too hard of a decision. But I think I would have to pitch CC for game 6 and just hope he goes out there and does his job. Cuz Do you really want AJ starting the series on Wednesday if it takes 7 and CC goes on Monday (all assuming they dont choke away the series). Sorry for the Jab but it is a possibility
It's something to think about but I'm still going with current rotation. A Game 7 is the "worst case scenario" in the ALCS/WSformats...so you set it up to have your #1 ace out there since it's do or die and you wanna have your best chance of winning, IF it gets that far. Themomentum (I'm abusing this word
laugh.gif
) the Angels would have afterwinning Game 5 AND beating CC on the road in a Game 6 would be crazy...they'd show up to Game 7 feeling invincible on some "we got this" $#!%.

Plus you don't yank a guy like Pettitte, who's experience speaks for itself. If the Angels get past him, kudos to them...now you gotta face CC in acold weather Game 7 at the Stadium.

To be fair, it is raining pretty hard right now. Sucks cuz I'll miss the game tomorrow since I'm going to the Giants game.

laugh.gif
tired.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I was about to say some smart %*$! back before I saw the end...

laugh.gif

It's all love Pro. <3

laugh.gif
Bout being a post ho?

All love kid <3

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

Retractable roof at Yankee Stadium?

*throws up*

Yea, people are kidding themselves if they really think any team in NYC would have a retractable roof. The backlash would be epic.

Nothing interesting on TV tonight
smh.gif

Guess I'll pull for the Gators to get upset or something.

explain the backlash you speak of. As someone who has had to sit in the god damn rain while yankee games continues at the old stadium, I can tell you I wouldapplaud the roof as long as it's retractable

don't say history/tradidion cause that just seems to be the @##@ excuse to every question concerning baseball, and the same dumb reason they won't putinstant replay in.

Originally Posted by DubA169

explain the backlash you speak of. As someone who has had to sit in the god damn rain while yankee games continues at the old stadium, I can tell you I would applaud the roof as long as it's retractable

don't say history/tradidion cause that just seems to be the @##@ excuse to every question concerning baseball, and the same dumb reason they won't put instant replay in.

Exactly, and if the yankees wanted too they could've made a roof transparent so their fans that's all about "tradition" won't cry andcomplain because they can't see the moon and stars anymore

don't say history/tradidion cause that just seems to be the @##@ excuse to every question concerning baseball, and the same dumb reason they won't put instant replay in.

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
tired.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I was about to say some smart %*$! back before I saw the end...

laugh.gif

It's all love Pro. <3
laugh.gif
Bout being a post ho?

All love kid <3
Nah I !@*+!@ up...I meant your post limit, not your post count.

But yeah, along those lines.
laugh.gif

And retractable roof in Yankee Stadium?
grin.gif

explain the backlash you speak of. As someone who has had to sit in the god damn rain while yankee games continues at the old stadium, I can tell you I would applaud the roof as long as it's retractable

Exactly, and if the yankees wanted too they could've made a roof transparent so their fans that's all about "tradition" won't cry and complain because they can't see the moon and stars anymore
SHADDDUPPPPPPPPP

It rains one night and now this stadium blows because there is no retractable roof?
roll.gif
roll.gif

i wouldn't mind a retractable roof at all, i'd be watching baseball right now If I go to a game in the rain, my bones start to hurt
frown.gif
*fixed

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Exactly, and if the yankees wanted too they could've made a roof transparent so their fans that's all about "tradition" won't cry and complain because they can't see the moon and stars anymore
SHADDDUPPPPPPPPP

No u shutup and stop being a $*$%@%$+!... I hate close minded a%$ n*&%@$ who catch feelins when people suggest something they don't agree with.SHADDUPPPPP is not really a good response for why you think its so ludacris for me to say yankee stadium should have a retractable roof. Elaborate yourstatement why it would be so criminal for yankee stadium to have one, I bet if it was intially built with one you'd be a happy fan who just watched aplayoff game

Originally Posted by jrp44

It rains one night and now this stadium blows because there is no retractable roof?
roll.gif
roll.gif

i wouldn't mind a retractable roof at all, i'd be watching baseball right now If I go to a game in the rain, my bones start to hurt
frown.gif
*fixed

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Nobody is saying the stadium is trash the stadium is beatiful by far the best stadium I've ever been too but my point is that this is a billion dollarstadium and I don't see why not include a retractable roof especially since money obviously is not a issue. We do get a lot of rain in nyc probably not asmuch as Seattle but we do get some rain

Who said I was catching feelings though? That nonsense up there isn't even worth much of a response HENCE the sarcasm.

Simple: A retractable roof in NYC for ANY team just wouldn't happen. And YES tradition plays a big part in this, don't like it? Move on.

roll.gif
roll.gif

Amazing.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

I hate close minded a%$ n*&%@$ who catch feelins
After that rant you went on, you might wanna evaluate that statement.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't even think true was being that serious, G.

The anticipation for this game is killing me.

The fact that it got postponed isn't helping either.

Were talking about a roof here... a ROOF. What the hell is wrong with having a roof that opens and closes
laugh.gif

Dsk and true blue you guys talk like your opinion actually matters I don't give a #^&* about either 1 of you guys or what you think

But I would like to hear a reason why this thought on my part is just so insane by someone who actually wants to tell me why its not a good idea I promise illshutup about it after
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Dsk and true blue you guys talk like your opinion actually matters I don't give a #^&* about either 1 of you guys or what you think
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Let's go Yan-kees! *clap, clap, clap clap clap*

Back
Top Bottom