Official 2009 ALCS Thread LAA Angels ( 2 ) vs NY Yankees ( 4 ) YANKEES WIN !!!

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Dsk and true blue you guys talk like your opinion actually matters I don't give a #^&* about either 1 of you guys or what you think

But I would like to hear a reason why this thought on my part is just so insane by someone who actually wants to tell me why its not a good idea I promise ill shutup about it after
laugh.gif
alien.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by GuttaGetsBusy

oh so they aint play huh shawty?
I don't know why I found this so hilarious
laugh.gif

And I've never seen a fan so angry at fellow fans for no apparent reason
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Dsk and true blue you guys talk like your opinion actually matters I don't give a #^&* about either 1 of you guys or what you think

But I would like to hear a reason why this thought on my part is just so insane by someone who actually wants to tell me why its not a good idea I promise ill shutup about it after
laugh.gif
alien.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
this dude does not stop.

I would not be opposed to a retractable roof, those who are arguing the tradition aspect I understand but, how much does that matter when @!*! like thishappens. I know its 1 game but it does mess things up for the World Series regardless who goes. A roof not only eliminates weather ever being a problem, itopens up the possibilities of other events taking place there...IDK i always think a roof is a good idea in cold sport places, NY post season baseballqualifies

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by DubA169

explain the backlash you speak of. As someone who has had to sit in the god damn rain while yankee games continues at the old stadium, I can tell you I would applaud the roof as long as it's retractable

don't say history/tradidion cause that just seems to be the @##@ excuse to every question concerning baseball, and the same dumb reason they won't put instant replay in.

Exactly, and if the yankees wanted too they could've made a roof transparent so their fans that's all about "tradition" won't cry and complain because they can't see the moon and stars anymore
SHADDDUPPPPPPPPP

No u shutup and stop being a $*$%@%$+!... I hate close minded a%$ n*&%@$ who catch feelins when people suggest something they don't agree with. SHADDUPPPPP is not really a good response for why you think its so ludacris for me to say yankee stadium should have a retractable roof. Elaborate your statement why it would be so criminal for yankee stadium to have one, I bet if it was intially built with one you'd be a happy fan who just watched a playoff game
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
@Dude spelling "ludacris" like the rappers name.

This is what happens when we expect playoff baseball, and are left with a bunch of whack *%@ college football games on TV.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jrp44

It rains one night and now this stadium blows because there is no retractable roof?
roll.gif
roll.gif

i wouldn't mind a retractable roof at all, i'd be watching baseball right now If I go to a game in the rain, my bones start to hurt
frown.gif
*fixed

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

tonight's not the first time I wondered why they didn't put in a retractable roof.

I just think with all the money put into the stadium it would be nice because rain delays happen alot in new york city. Plus they could have other events likemusic and comedians during the fall and winter. I don't see why it's so hard to understand or makes me unloyal to the sanctity of yankee stadium.

No one's saying it makes you unloyal to the sanctity of Yankee Stadium. We're just of the opinion that you don't throw a roof on Yankee Stadium.

Like it or now, tradition is a huge part of the Yankee organization.

I can understand the reasoning behind wanting a roof...but as fans, rationality isn't always on the top of our list.
laugh.gif

yeah i mean you think of october baseball in yankee stadium and it's dudes battling it out in the cold.

it'd be so strange to see dudes just enjoying nice warm weather during the playoffs in NY.

A roof would've made the 1.5 billion dollar stadium even more expensive.

And the Yankees, as a team, really pride themselves on tradition...why else have they kept names off of their jerseys, or have abstained from releasing92748267478924 alternate jerseys like other teams have?

When there were plans originally for the team to move to a stadium on the west side, near the Javits Center, I *think* there were plans to have a retractableroof for that facility.

The west side stadium plan was first for the Yankees, back in the late 1990s...then when NYC submitted its Olympic bid, the West Side Stadium was going tobecome a Jets facility

Guys, this is off topic, but I need 2 replacement owners for my Fantasy Football league by tonight/early tomorrow.

I see what you guys are saying about october baseball having that classic feel, but I would assume that they would only put the roof up when it rains, not justif it's cold outside. I understand why purists would hate it though. When I was younger I used to get wierded out about the thought but now I think of itin common sense, like so much money was spent and theres no roof on the place
laugh.gif

Let's get ready for some baseball.

Lineups posted on LoHud:

YANKEES
Derek Jeter SS
Johnny Damon LF
Mark Teixeira 1B
Alex Rodriguez 3B
Jorge Posada C
Hideki Matsui DH
Robinson Cano 2B
Nick Swisher RF
Melky Cabrera CF

Pitching: LHP Andy Pettitte (1-0, 2.84 ERA in postseason)

ANGELS
Chone Figgins 3B
Bobby Abreu RF
Torii Hunter CF
Vladimir Guerrero DH
Kendry Morales 1B
Howie Kendrick 2B
Juan Rivera LF
Jeff Mathis C
Erick Aybar SS

Pitching: LHP Joe Saunders (0-0, 2.57 ERA in postseason)

TIME/TV: 8:20 p.m., FOX

WEATHER: Clear and cool with a dry outlook for the rest of the night. Let's play some baseball. The full forecast is here.

Glad it's not raining.

grin.gif

[h2]http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2009/10/25/with-swisher-girardi-hopes-history-repeats-itself/[/h2]
[h2]When it comes to Swisher, Girardi hopes history repeats itself[/h2] October 25
Joe Girardi had Nick Swisher in his lineup yesterday and, ostensibly, will keep him there when Game 6 finally gets played tonight. In explaining why he stuck with Swisher to the beat writers yesterday, Girardi invoked history - and himself.

"Johnny was scuffling and Johnny came out of it. Tex was scuffling and he had a huge hit for us," Girardi said of Johnny Damon and Mark Teixeira. Then, he mentioned himself. "I didn't have a hit in the [1996] World Series until my triple in Game 6," Girardi said. "Joe [Torre] didn't bench me, you know? Swish plays a good right field out there for us, he does. And it's not the easiest right field to play. He's had good at-bats against Joe Saunders."

A quick look at the stats shows that Girardi was hitting .179 (5-for-35) during the '96 postseason until that Game 6 against the Braves. Then, in the clinching game for the Yankees, he busted out for two hits including a third-inning triple off Greg Maddux that gave the Yankees their first run. Not a bad example if Swisher is looking for one to follow.

Posted by Sam Borden on Sunday, October 25th, 2009 at 11:20 am |
| Print This Post | Email This Post | 95 Comments »

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2009/10/25/with-swisher-girardi-hopes-history-repeats-itself/#comments

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

WHY THE %%%+ IS SWISHER IN THE LINEUP!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would assume it is so that he can have Gardner for pinch running purposes late in the game if necessary. But what would you guys rather Girardido instead of playing Swish? Who would you want playing in right?

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

I would assume it is so that he can have Gardner for pinch running purposes late in the game if necessary. But what would you guys rather Girardi do instead of playing Swish? Who would you want playing in right?
This is the reason probably....

And if Swisher was out Gardner would play CF and Melky in RF

You dudes are %*!!+*$ crazy sometimes
laugh.gif

Is this in response to wanting Gardner over Swisher tonight, or the retractable roof debate yesterday?
laugh.gif

You dudes are +@$##!% crazy sometimes
laugh.gif

The roof business JRP. I saw this jumped a couple pages, I figured it had to be some stupid #%$*
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

I would assume it is so that he can have Gardner for pinch running purposes late in the game if necessary. But what would you guys rather Girardi do instead of playing Swish? Who would you want playing in right?

I just feel like Swish looks lost up there in the postseason. He gets up and its like the pitcher is up to bat in the NL...almost and automatic AB thus far. Ihope he gets out of it today, but I would rather have Gardner in there cause at this point in time, he is a bigger threat. Move Gardner to CF and Melky to RF

feeling real good..

my bets are so far so good..

im winning in my fantasy teams all 4..

& ill be at game 6 tonight
pimp.gif
2nd game of the series hopefully last..

Back
Top Bottom