Official 2009 ALCS Thread LAA Angels ( 2 ) vs NY Yankees ( 4 ) YANKEES WIN !!!

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

"What? Nah, c'mon, man. I feel good.
ohwell.gif
It's 4-0. I've held them scoreless this whole time."
"Yeah, but you know how I do things. It's the 7th. If it's not a perfect game or a no-hitter or something special, we go to the bullpen."
"How about 'holding the Yankees scoreless through 7 in a potential AL clinching game'? Is that special?"
"Gimme the ball, John."

"You're gonna effing regret this, Mike. Watch. B&$#h."
catcher, to himself: "I... I think we'll regret this, too."
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
That was good.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

^ it was cool seeing how lackey was like, "THIS IS MINE! NO, THIS IS MINE!". gotta appreciate that kind of intensity. but yeah...ska's version was better
laugh.gif
I don't know if I should be agreeing with you on this one but I felt the same way.
laugh.gif
Lackey was really passionate out there...you rarely see emotion like that whena manager is pulling a pitcher...

I don't agree with the idea of bringing Mo in the 7th and letting him finish the game or having someone else come in and closing it out. You have setuppitchers for a reason...they just didn't get the job done last night. true blue thought I was crazy but I would have definitely brought Mo in at the startof the 8th if Hughes gets out of that jam. 7th you use whoever you need to use...let Mo handle his in the 8th and 9th.

I'm just disappointed that we were (potentially) one single away from basically winning the game. If Swish gets a hit, two runners score...8-7 Yankees.Maybe another insurance run, who knows. Mo had already came in...he comes back in the 9th and 99% chance we're going to the WS after that.

END IT IN GAME 6.

AND BENCH SWISHER.

iLLo', as much as we want Swisher benched, I've come to terms that Girardi won't be doing it. He won't have Gardner against Saunders (a lefty),when Swisher switch-hits.

Lackey is ALWAYS like that when he gets pulled out of what would be considered a pretty nice game. And I think we can all agree, when you're holding a teamscoreless in the 7th as they try to go to the World Series next week by beating you tonight, that's a special game, whether the other team is the Yankeesor the Pirates*.

He hates two things:
- being pulled from games where he feels in command
- teammates effing up with him on the mound.
laugh.gif
Did you guys see Game 1 when that popup landed between Figgins and Aybar early in the game? Lackey SCREAMED"God... DAMMIT!!! ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?!"
laugh.gif
Hedoesn't even cover his mouth so the camera doesn't see. Family friendly, he is not.
laugh.gif
Oh my gosh, he HATES teammates making routine errors. Dive for the ball andmiss it, John's good with you. You laid yourslf out there, failed, let's play ball and get these guys offbase and end the inning. But you let a routinegrounder go through the wickets... and Lackey very well may spit in your tobacco... or burn yor house to the ground.
laugh.gif
A-Rod stretched a long single into adouble by rounding first hard after seeing Abreu and Torii kind of in each other's way. It forced Abreu to throw over a slouched Torii, allowing A-Rod toslide into 2nd safely because the throw was rushed, causing it to be offline to Aybar. The camera went over to Lackey, ad I could see it in his face, he wantedto get heated, but didn't. I think he realized it was just a well hit ball off the wall right between two OFers and A-Rod just took advantage of the littlesplit-second indecision regarding who was going to field it and get it in; nothing you can do.

But that pop-up in game 1, my dude was super heated. Y'all see that?
laugh.gif
If he has a chance to pitch again this postseason, or if he doesn't then nextseason, watch Lackey when fielders screw up routine plays.
laugh.gif
It's kind of funny.

*Who are we kidding? The Pirates won't be in that position anytime soon. Sorry dmxfury.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

^ it was cool seeing how lackey was like, "THIS IS MINE! NO, THIS IS MINE!". gotta appreciate that kind of intensity. but yeah...ska's version was better
laugh.gif
I don't know if I should be agreeing with you on this one but I felt the same way.
laugh.gif
Lackey was really passionate out there...you rarely see emotion like that when a manager is pulling a pitcher...

if4knb.jpg

ejg09z.jpg

2rnebns.jpg

x1irgn.jpg

pimp.gif

yes we are up 3-2 going to the bx but who cares? remember 04 on the redsox we were up 3-0 only to lose the series with home field advantage? im not saying theyanks will repeat history but that just shows you never know... so dont be so overconfident... dont expect anything really so you wont be disappointed like iwas in 04

Originally Posted by SHUGES

Originally Posted by iLLoQuent aka DSK

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Lackey was really passionate out there...you rarely see emotion like that when a manager is pulling a pitcher...

if4knb.jpg

ejg09z.jpg

2rnebns.jpg

x1irgn.jpg

pimp.gif

he's got a puppy dog look
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

Yoda wrote:

Tough game but I'm really not worried..They're the Angels, they're not gonna just lay down and give us the series.

Did get tickets to Game 6 though
pimp.gif

Where you sitting? I just bought 2 tickets this morning.

Bleachers...230-something..Check your PMs.

Why am I not surprised A-Rod got the bat between his legs?
laugh.gif

Jeter giving him the "Oh, no you didn't..." look of disapproval.

Girardi probably computing the 9004 ways he could potentially over-manage the game tomorrow night.

I almost bought those blue NY Yankees hoodies the players wear...didn't know the material was some fancy polyester and not fleece or cotton.

Angels are probably on their way to NY right now. They did take an optional practice in Anaheim this morning, I think.

i need to cop one of those hoodies... the Angels red is just too bright for my taste though, lol... hope they got a grey version

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

i would get a mets hoody like that but yeah you know that thing called the 2009 season happened. hopefully next year a mets 2010 playoff hoody will be mine.
In Royal Blue like the G-Men.
pimp.gif

SHUGES wrote:
capt.71f09a6159894a5baa90f255d1504f30.alcs_yankees_baseball_nyjj107.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

A-Rod's got that "I'm winning game 6 on my own" look. He looks determined.

And guess what guys? I've been home for a couple days now and I finally have internet at home!!!!! That means I'll be here more. Unless you guys wantme out, then that's fine.

yop real talk im pretty drunk but u guys be the best....we finna win dis $@%* tomorrow night at the staduumn

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

I hope you guys are right.

I wanna buy the Yankee hat with the WS logo on the side.

I wonder if theyll keep the New Yankee stadium logo on the back along with the WS patch on the side. That would be so ill. But I doubt they will because in theAll-Star game they didnt have the patch on the back. But then again the All-Star game and the WS are two totally different things

Word. Both logos on the hat would be great. But the best hat they can make is the both logos and the grey underbrim. Now THAT would be great!!!

Which hoody is better, the grey one or the navy one? And are they warm?

Back
Top Bottom