Official 2009 ALCS Thread LAA Angels ( 2 ) vs NY Yankees ( 4 ) YANKEES WIN !!!

We had our worst game of the year and some of you are freaking the *$%$ out? Like cmon we are up 3-2 going home. I sure as hell hope the locker room doesnthave the same attitude as some of you. Burnett threw 80 pitches at that point and 5 shutout innings, it just wasnt our night. But we are the team that scored 6in one shot we arent out of any game this season.

I see the fairweather fans more and more every Angels WIN??? Doesnt make sense to me. And all you fans with Lakers sigs who drop in out of nowwhere to get yourjabs in when you were nowhere to be seen th last 5 games jump off a cliff. Cause when we go hard its calm down leave the Angel fans alone F outta here.

We got this tomorrow! Time for Pettite to do what he has done so many times for us and I have more faith in him then Burnett.

One thing can we agree that Molina's D is just as bad as Posada right now and we are better off with the bat in the lineup?

1st pitch strikes...

ohwell.gif

Tough game but I'm really not worried..They're the Angels, they're not gonna just lay down and give us the series.

Did get tickets to Game 6 though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by yankees1129

1st pitch strikes...

ohwell.gif

Yup.

How is someone going to say this team doesnt have a killer instict when it scores 6 runs in a late inning?
laugh.gif
Hughes was shaking off Posada last night for some reason. Nobody on theAngels can hit your curveball, you just struck someone out with it and you throw a FASTBALL to Vlad who would have swung at a curveball that hits the ground 5feet before home plate.
indifferent.gif

lol i aint going through this thread...must've been pretty interesting

all ill say is i went through more emotions last night than i can remember. Ultimately, AJ let me down.

Originally Posted by IncredibleEv

lol i aint going through this thread...must've been pretty interesting
this

all i'll say is i was DAMN surprised when AJ walked back out there after a long break.

theory a buddy told me, i wouldve been down

bring Mo out for Tori Hunter in the 7th, use him till he might be done, bring Andy in to finish it off, yanks in world series

bring Mo out for Tori Hunter in the 7th, use him till he might be done, bring Andy in to finish it off, yanks in world series

Funny, my mom said the same thing last night.

Originally Posted by Yoda

Tough game but I'm really not worried..They're the Angels, they're not gonna just lay down and give us the series.

Did get tickets to Game 6 though
pimp.gif

Where you sitting? I just bought 2 tickets this morning.

capt.alcs15010230249.alcs_yankees_angels_baseball_alcs150.jpg

"What? Nah, c'mon, man. I feel good.
ohwell.gif
It's 4-0. I'veheld them scoreless this whole time."
"Yeah, but you know how I do things. It's the 7th. If it's not a perfect game or a no-hitter or something special, we go to the bullpen."
"How about 'holding the Yankees scoreless through 7 in a potential AL clinching game'? Is that special?"
"Gimme the ball, John."

capt.alcs15110230249.alcs_yankees_angels_baseball_alcs151.jpg

"You're gonna effing regret this, Mike. Watch. B&$#h."
catcher, to himself: "I... I think we'll regret this, too."

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

ohwell.gif
It's 4-0. I've held them scoreless this whole time."
"Yeah, but you know how I do things. It's the 7th. If it's not a perfect game or a no-hitter or something special, we go to the bullpen."
"How about 'holding the Yankees scoreless through 7 in a potential AL clinching game'? Is that special?"
"Gimme the ball, John."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

The managing in this series has been lackluster at best.

Questionable decisions around...

With that being said, we'll see who tweaks their lineup for game 6.......Im looking at you Yankees....Swisher is sucking.

I said the same thing about bringing in Mo' for the 7th, though I said to let him finish the game from there. He's Mariano Rivera, if hegets it down, we are going to the World Series, and he will have plenty of rest, so that is not an issue.

Also, Swisher, I think he needs to see the bench for Game 6. I love what he brings to the team, he's a good guy, but he's just not getting it done atthe plate. Gardner in CF, Melky in RF (or vice versa), do it.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

capt.alcs15010230249.alcs_yankees_angels_baseball_alcs150.jpg

ohwell.gif
It's 4-0. I've held them scoreless this whole time."
"Gimme the ball, John."

capt.alcs15110230249.alcs_yankees_angels_baseball_alcs151.jpg

That was straight
roll.gif
ska, good stuff.

^ it was cool seeing how lackey was like, "THIS IS MINE! NO, THIS IS MINE!". gotta appreciate that kind of intensity. but yeah...ska's versionwas better
laugh.gif

You know damn well he mouthed something to Mike on the way to the locker room too....didn't he have his glove up so you couldn't read lips?

Na he had a towel over his face and I told my girl he was cussing somebody out on the way to the locker room. Only time I laughed all night. Then my fun wasspoiled...

I wish Robertson came in over Hughes last night. In this series, at least, I have more confidence in Robertson then Hughes/Joba. I don't want to here"Robertson hasn't moved up to that role yet." He is pitching better then them, even in tight spots. Move him up to "that role".

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

^ it was cool seeing how lackey was like, "THIS IS MINE! NO, THIS IS MINE!". gotta appreciate that kind of intensity. but yeah...ska's version was better
laugh.gif
I agree, always love the intensity.

Ska's little dialogues are always funny

Originally Posted by bkmac

I said the same thing about bringing in Mo' for the 7th, though I said to let him finish the game from there. He's Mariano Rivera, if he gets it down, we are going to the World Series, and he will have plenty of rest, so that is not an issue.

Also, Swisher, I think he needs to see the bench for Game 6. I love what he brings to the team, he's a good guy, but he's just not getting it done at the plate. Gardner in CF, Melky in RF (or vice versa), do it.

yea i been thinking the same thing. swish is such a streaky hitter man. he's either hot or cold all the time. gardner is the same way but gardner got speedand is a problem when he's on base.

i wonder if somehow this thing were to go 7 i gotta make the IF a very huge IF but if it were, i wonder if the angels would pitch lackey in the later inningsof a poential game 7 if they had a small lead.

game 6 should be good though, the angels are due for a win in new york considering that their 1-5 in new york this season and playoffs combined if im notmistaken and they've played the yankees tough in alot of those games in new york.

we'll see tomorrow though, i'm just glad theres more baseball on to watch between now and wednesday because i love hockey but it gets annoying when itsthe only sport being played on tv, hell it's annoying when only 1 sport is playing on tv regardless of what sport it is.

Back
Top Bottom