**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

I wouldn't mind Josh Hart in the late first round. But maybe that's just me hoping for a 3 and D prospect no thanks to Anthony Brown. :rolleyes

Last edited:
Woj:
Ranadive, Divac and assistant GM Ken Catanella had discussions over the past several days with Pelicans management at All-Star Weekend in New Orleans, league sources said. The Kings were seriously engaged in talks with the Los Angeles Lakers over the weekend, but the Kings’ desire for 2016 No. 2 overall pick Brandon Ingram to be included in a package was rejected by Los Angeles, league sources said.

The Lakers believed they could get the Kings a first-round pick by trading guard Lou Williams, but the Kings preferred the Pelicans’ package.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...e-demarcus-cousins-to-pelicans-050000759.html

GIMME DAT FIRST ROUND PICK.

You people managed to take the Boogie Cousins trade to NO, and make it about DLo. I mean.... :lol:

Typical and not surprised.

Sometimes I feel there is only one player on this team with how much his name is thrown around...

Last edited:
Gonna be huge for bran gram's confidence to know that despite the struggles his team flatly refused to trade him for one of the best players in the league.

Gonna be huge for bran gram's confidence to know that despite the struggles his team flatly refused to trade him for one of the best players in the league.

Or it could be added pressure. I think BI will be a great player, I bet CHI thought Deng would be great too when they refused to trade him for Kobe. That's why sometimes it's so tempting to go with the proven player rather than hope your projects fulfill their potential

Or it could be added pressure. I think BI will be a great player, I bet CHI thought Deng would be great too when they refused to trade him for Kobe. That's why sometimes it's so tempting to go with the proven player rather than hope your projects fulfill their potential
pretty sure deng didnt have the potential ceiling  BI has

Fake news. Kobe had a no trade clause and wouldn't play for the bulls without Deng there. Plus Deng was in the league for 4 years at that point and had just signed an extension, there was no delusion about his potential

Last edited:
Ska been knee deep in his woman's yambs for the bulk of winter. Just now coming up for air
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Flourish SKA, flourish

Fake news. Kobe had a no trade clause and wouldn't play for the bulls without Deng there. Plus Deng was in the league for 4 years at that point and had just signed an extension, there was no delusion about his potential

Alternative Facts.

Deng completed 3 years in the league. The trade talk was Summer 2007.

But you're right, the no-trade clause complicated things. I thought it was widely reported the Lakers wanted Deng in any deal and that was a deal breaker from Chicago's perspective.

My initial point is that banking on young potential can backfire because they're unknowns. I personally think BI will be great, but Cousins is a known.

This was the impasse that ultimately killed the deal:

A source with knowledge of the trade talks said Deng has been included in proposals swapped between the teams, but Bryant has continually threatened to veto almost any deal in which Deng would be included. Bryant wants to be sure that the team he joins has enough talent remaining to compete for the NBA title.

The source said talks between the teams had stagnated, though by no means were they dead.

As ESPN.com reported on Saturday, the Lakers have asked for Deng, Tyus Thomas, guard Ben Gordon and rookie Joakim Noah as the core parts of any trade for Bryant.

I was off on the year. But to your point this non move is going to be more like the Bynum/melo trade that never happened

believe me, I don't want Cousins here. I've said it before, his on-court antics are not something I want my young kids watching. He pouts and yells at refs, teammates, coaches. He does crazy stuff like that tackle on Julius or throwing his mouth guard.

Glad we didn't get him. But we really need one, maybe two, of our young core players to become elite and it seems BI is at least one of those players FO is banking on.

believe me, I don't want Cousins here. I've said it before, his on-court antics are not something I want my young kids watching. He pouts and yells at refs, teammates, coaches. He does crazy stuff like that tackle on Julius or throwing his mouth guard.

Glad we didn't get him. But we really need one, maybe two, of our young core players to become elite and it seems BI is at least one of those players FO is banking on.

What's ridiculous is many don't see what you say. I agree with you on this. The stupid part is when people from the outside calling the FO idiots and a crap organization for not making this happen. I'm happy this didn't happen.

Magic has the brain of a 6 year old. If you weren't convinced by his tweets I don't know what to tell you.

Back
Top Bottom