**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

If we hear from Momo that Lakers offered A Dlo package for Butler or PG13 and we're turned down, then that will surely reveal his value, correct?

And I thought Dlo was a combo guard? And the SAC pick they acquired from NO isnt guaranteed to net them a coveted PG

Last edited:
If we hear from Momo that Lakers offered A Dlo package for Butler or PG13 and we're turned down, then that will surely reveal his value, correct?

And I thought Dlo was a combo guard? And the SAC pick they acquired from NO isnt guaranteed to net them a coveted PG

Not going PG with Pelicans pick

They are going to end up swapping with the Sixers and be somewhere around 5-7.. Where there are still PGs available... Smith, Fox & Monk.

Pelicans pick will be probably around 12-15..... Where they can go SF or C.

My point is you can tell a lot from the trades that don't happen

Today we learned BI is on top of the Lakers totem pole and a team valued Buddy Hield over any Laker not named Ingram

I need to see the proposed trade package before I can make assumptions...only thing we know is that Ingram was part of the offered trade package
I would have said no to that

My point is you can tell a lot from the trades that don't happen

Today we learned BI is on top of the Lakers totem pole and a team valued Buddy Hield over any Laker not named Ingram
I think that's where you're totally wrong and you are projecting your own opinions onto the Lakers' opinions.

You may be right and the Lakers may value BI on top of their totem pole. That's not that unrealistic at all. 

But no where in today's news did it show that the Lakers value Ingram the most out of their young players. 

The Kings wanted Ingram. The Lakers said no. That's all that is known. Yet somehow from that, you jump to conclusions that the Lakers aren't that high on Dlo.

That doesn't make any logical sense man. 

The only thing today's news showed for sure is that the Kings valued Ingram the most out of the Lakers young players. 

Edit: Also no where in today's news did it show that Ingram is untouchable. 

Last edited:
@coachdavemiller
The Lakers are not trading Ingram...period!

@coachdavemiller 3h3 hours ago
The Lakers feel as though he's a cornerstone along with DeAngelo Russell that Luke will develop!

Despite being one of those guys who doesn't know how to spell D'Angelo... Here's the take of somebody who was around the team up until this season.

Unless reported otherwise, there's not a single reason to believe Russell was included in talks.

Who cares if they see Ingram as the top guy... Hell I've even said Ingram should end up better than Russell because he should be a better defender

Also the Kings value Buddy over anybody else on this roster also means they think Buddy = Ingram...

I doubt you'll find very few people who will say Buddy is = to Ingram or > Russell... Or even > than JC & Randle combined

Last edited:

@coachdavemiller
The Lakers are not trading Ingram...period!

@coachdavemiller 3h3 hours ago
The Lakers feel as though he's a cornerstone along with DeAngelo Russell that Luke will develop!

Despite being one of those guys who doesn't know how to spell D'Angelo... Here's the take of somebody who was around the team up until this season.
Dude says some ridiculous things on his twitter after he got let go from Spectrum. Would take anything he says with a grain of salt 
laugh.gif

That's fair
But if you don't trade BI for the best player at his position, for all intents and purposes, he's untouchable

Maybe only when concrete evidence like Dlo being traded or not extended will you see what's already in the tea leaves

Yes but it does correlate somewhat when that same team wanted D'Lo before the draft a few years ago. But you're right I the sense that we do know BI is untouchable.

And another reason why I think it was just Ingram and supplemental parts is Buddy Hield is basically Nance/Black in that he's 23 years old. Ingram is still only 19. That's a huge gap in potential alone that could have made up a lot of type gap that is supposedly lost in that middle you late 1st rd pick they got from NO.

I seriously doubt they believe Buddy = Ingram. He's literally just the only "young" prospect NO have.

Last edited:
You guys don't realize trading for Boogie would have also taken us out of getting our pick right?

And would have led to Jrue Holiday, Deng, Moz & Cousins being 2/3 of our cap space right?

You guys don't realize trading for Boogie would have also taken us out of getting our pick right?

And would have led to Jrue Holiday, Deng, Moz & Cousins being 2/3 of our cap space right?

You don't know what was in the deal though outside of BI. If we were giving up half the team like you suggested earlier we still could have stayed in the bottom 3, especially if they're still planning on moving Lou & Young. And JRue is an expiring deal. No harm there.

Last edited:
I seriously doubt they believe Buddy = Ingram. He's literally just the only "young" prospect NO have.

Easier to just say Kings goofed...

Hell you could have went to the damn Celtics and said how about Nets Pick in 2017 + Memphis pick in 2019 + Avery Bradley + Amir Johnson for Boogie & Ben McLemore

You don't know what was in the deal though outside of BI. If we were giving up half the team like you suggested earlier we still could have stayed in the bottom 3, especially if they're still planning on moving Lou & Young. And JRue is an expiring deal. No harm there.

No I'm saying that Jrue would be the long term signing in the offseason.

Team still likely moves up at least 1 spot...
Especially because Sacramento is going toward the 2nd worst record with a bullet.
Suns look like they are trading Brandon Knight & PJ Tucker...... Desperately trying to find someone for Chandler..
Brooklyn is a lost cause...
Magic likely skid a bit without Ibaka over last 25-30 games (no real idea what Ross will be as a # 1 scorer basically)

Last edited:
No I'm saying that Jrue would be the long term signing in the offseason.

Team still likely moves up a couple spots... Especially because Sacramento is going toward the 2nd worst record with a bullet

There would be no need to sign him long term. Sacramento is still 5 games ahead of us in the win column and we only have 1 game left with them h2h.

And if you're making the argument we'll lose the pick that's even worse that they didn't make a move cause we get literally nothing out of this season.

Last edited:
There would be no need to sign him long term. Sacramento is still 5 games ahead of us in the win column and we only have 1 game left with them h2h.

And if you're making the argument we'll lose the pick that's even worse that they didn't make a move cause we get literally nothing out of this season.

The Kings are going to trade Darren Collison

Lawson / Hield / McLeMore / Tolliver / Koufus..... And a bench of Galloway / Afflalo / Barnes / WCS is Nets level of bad.

I was of the mind they were losing the pick anyway...

Short of basically trading away young guys.... There's really nothing the Lakers can do to counteract what the Kings... And when the Suns trade Knight & Tucker, short of trading away young guys, they can't compete with that either.

Last edited:
They need to get rid of them for next to nothing

But knowing the Lakers management they will overvalue their assets once again end up trading no one.

Who did we last trade? Was it Steve Blake?

You cannot trade for the best Center in the game and develop the best center in the game at the same time... This trade would've stonewalled Zubac's growth and for what? To win 25 games this year? Maybe 35 the next?

The move I hope we make is sending Lou Will to the Wizards. I'd take a pick in this year or a next year's first and Tomas Satoranski (if they have one). 6'7 wing, can play the one or the two that can shoot. He's a 25 year old rookie who's adjusting to the NBA it's just the Wizards window is wide open right now and they don't have the time to develop him.

Lou also def puts the Wizards in contention with the Cavs to come outta the east. With Toronto getting serge, the Wizards need Lou's production off the bench to offset that raptors move

Last edited:
Other than that... if ya name ain't Paul George I ain't tryna hear ya trade talk jack.

I don't think PG ever comes to the lakers simply b/c he can't wear either of his basketball numbers with us :lol:

But it's Craze Marc and Drummond could BOTH possible be traded but neither of them fit or help us out much moving forward at this stage. For three years we needed Marc at the tail end of Kobe's career and fail short. But he goes to the Pelicans for freaking Buddy Hield and Tyreke Evans and a draft pick. David Stern still looking out for the NO ainna

Yeaa..... We definitely not keeping are pick now unless we get lucky will probably end up 4th

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom