**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

Lakers offered the kings the #2 pick in the 2015 draft for boogie and they declined it

That was 2 years ago. No real incentive to trade Boogie then. From the looks of everything the situation had reached peak toxicity. It wouldn't have taken a kings ransom to get him now.

Lakers offered the kings the #2 pick in the 2015 draft for boogie and they declined it

That was 2 years ago. No real incentive to trade Boogie then. From the looks of everything the situation had reached peak toxicity. It wouldn't have taken a kings ransom to get him now.

True
Boogie going off on reporter who wrote about his brother
Boogie becoming sheed with the techs
Incident in NY w/Matt Barnes

It's been tough on vlade this year

Yeah that's what I'm saying in the NBA thread. Dudes saying we blew it. :lol: You don't trade a bunch of young talent for one dude unless he's a Shaq or Lebron. We woulda been the Knicks trading all those pieces for Melo.

By all accounts this wasn't the case. BI was the only coveted piece.

Only thing they're saying is Lakers didn't want to put Brandon in the PACKAGE. I seriously doubt a NBA team would trade a Boogie Cousins in the division for just a struggling rookie. I just can't see it. :lol:

Last edited:
No way were they gonna trade their franchise player to their hated conference rival for just ingram

Of course it would have had to be more, just not more of the young core, specifically D'Lo.

With what they got from NO a deal of BI/Nance or Black/Jose or Nick/2nd rd pick likely gets it done. A young prospect they covet, another late 1st caliber talent, expiring deal and another pick. Seems pretty comparable to me *shrugs*.

What I find more interesting is this suggests that Ingram despite the struggles is the most coveted player on the roster right now.

No way were they gonna trade their franchise player to their hated conference rival for just ingram

Of course it would have had to be more, just not more of the young core, specifically D'Lo.

With what they got from NO a deal of BI/Nance or Black/Jose or Nick/2nd rd pick likely gets it done. A young prospect they covet, another late 1st caliber talent, expiring deal and another pick. Seems pretty comparable to me *shrugs*.

Except we don't have a pick to offer them. At least until 2019 or 2020

So it would have been more than what you're suggesting.

The Nance/Black substitutes for that pick. New Orleans is likely a playoff team now.

I really think right now when it comes to the young core. It's obviously:

1. Ingram
2. D'Lo
3. Randle

Randle is probably the first player Mitch offers in trade scenarios, and then GM's chuckle and say "No we want either Ingram or D'Lo".

Let's see what leaks out of the Magic/Mitch/Jimbo meetings this week. On some Trump administration type ****

You guys make me laugh

"Where's Whip?"

"Whip, show yourself" LOL

"Whip, you lied!" LMAO

I'll make you famous!

Last edited:

The Nance/Black substitutes for that pick. New Orleans is likely a playoff team now.

No, they don't.

Nance and Black are already mid-20's, and Nance has injury history. Also, already into their rookie contracts.

Reason Ingram/Hield and picks have so much value is longer team control. More time, less money.

Nance/Black do not replace 2017-18 Draft picks.

No, they don't.

Nance and Black are already mid-20's, and Nance has injury history. Also, already into their rookie contracts.

Reason Ingram/Hield and picks have so much value is longer team control. More time, less money.

Nance/Black do not replace 2017-18 Draft picks.

Sure

Back
Top Bottom