**LA LAKERS THREAD** Sitting on 17! 2023-2024 offseason begins

New Orleans being a small market and already committed to a huge long term contract with AD and them needing to resign JRue Holiday makes Boogie staying there unlikely.

They have the room to offer both JRue a significant deal and Boogie the max. Plus DeMarcus is back close to home.

I just don't see how our young core Randle, D'Lo, JC, Ingram, Nance, and Zubac are so highly coveted and are the sticking point on trades.

None of these guys have proven or shown that they are even going to be allstar caliber players in the future, let alone franchise corner stone players.

Please seriously Jeanie step in and fire both Mitch & JIm once this season is over.

Last edited:
:rofl: :rofl: Whip and the barbershop

If you think Randle, Clarkson, and Ingram + picks is worth it, when NO gave up jack ****, you're delusional.

Straight, flat, plain delusional.

Is that what they really wanted or ya'll just talking? :nerd:

Some say that deal, other rumors of DLo bein involved.

Either way, 3 young pieces for Boogie, when even NO didn't have that. No thx.

Yeah that's what I'm saying in the NBA thread. Dudes saying we blew it. :lol: You don't trade a bunch of young talent for one dude unless he's a Shaq or Lebron. We woulda been the Knicks trading all those pieces for Melo.

Cousins is under contract for $18 million next year. Incentive to sign $200+ million ext was only w/ SAC. He just lost a lot of $ in new CBA
— Ramona Shelburne (@ramonashelburne) February 20, 2017

We might not need to sign him for $200 mil in 2018 :nerd:

New Orleans being a small market and already committed to a huge long term contract with AD and them needing to resign JRue Holiday makes Boogie staying there unlikely.

They have the room to offer both JRue a significant deal and Boogie the max. Plus DeMarcus is back close to home.
Only hope of him leaving is he is less incentived because he missed out on the DPE.
I just don't see how our young core Randle, D'Lo, JC, Ingram, Nance, and Zubac are so highly coveted and are the sticking point on trades.

None of these guys have proven or shown that they are even going to be allstar caliber players in the future, let alone franchise corner stone players.

Please seriously Jeanie step in and fire both Mitch & JIm once this season is over.
Would you want another situation where the guy you traded assets for walks the very next season?

I'm going to be hella PISSED if come this summer or summer 2018 when Randle is a RFA and can get a huge contract, the Lakers give in and pay him.

He outta the young core does not deserve his money.

Last edited:
Yeah that's what I'm saying in the NBA thread. Dudes saying we blew it. :lol: You don't trade a bunch of young talent for one dude unless he's a Shaq or Lebron. We woulda been the Knicks trading all those pieces for Melo.

By all accounts this wasn't the case. BI was the only coveted piece.

"There were objectively better deals available for the Kings, but since they think so highly of Buddy Hield, that's the direction they went." - Kevin O'Connor

Kangz gonna Kangz.

I still want to know what was the trade package for Boogie
No way BI was the only guy in the trade package

I still want to know what was the trade package for Boogie
No way BI was the only guy in the trade package

Well looks like they didn't get past that point but like Hield, all signs point to them coveting Ingram above everyone else. The trade they ended up doing kinda looks like him, Jose, Young and maybe a Nance/Black would have been enough.

Well at least we know BI is on the untouchable list now.

View media item 2339705

:lol:

I forget. But I think it was summer 2015 when trade rumors were hot and the rumor was trade package built around Randle & Clarkson and they Lakers also walked away back then.

Now a trade package with Ingram involved rejected :lol:

Vlade had to be asking for Randle and Ingram and probably either JC or D'Lo this time around.

Last edited:
:lol:

I forget. But I think it was summer 2015 when trade rumors were hot and the rumor was trade package built around Randle & Clarkson and they Lakers also walked away back then.

Now a trade pack with Ingram involved rejected :lol:

Vlade had to be asking for Randle and Ingram and probably either JC or D'Lo this time around.

That doesn't make sense. Especially with what they ended up getting and the reporting that they had better offers. That organization is a mess and was ripe for the fleecing and we didn't take advantage. But we'll have to see how it works out gong forward. I'm sure the reaction out here isn't going to be positive tomorrow.

:rofl: :rofl: Whip and the barbershop

If you think Randle, Clarkson, and Ingram + picks is worth it, when NO gave up jack ****, you're delusional.

Straight, flat, plain delusional.

Is that what they really wanted or ya'll just talking? :nerd:

Some say that deal, other rumors of DLo bein involved.

Either way, 3 young pieces for Boogie, when even NO didn't have that. No thx.

Exactly.

Kings def are a dysfunctional organization. They don't really know what they want from us. Thank god they got rid of Boogie hate hearing about Sac.

Back
Top Bottom