January Wrestling Thread/Tonight NXT 8PM EST/RIP Mean Gene Okerlaud

I mean, I definitely wouldn't say Becky was the best in-ring worker, as that would probably be Charles, but if someone asked me who I thought made the biggest impact of the year, it would be Becky.

I don't think anyone was head and shoulders above the rest of the bunch for the MAJORITY of the year.

Male and Female

Becky and Tanahashi both had SUPER strong 4th quarters of the year but is that enough for them to be #1? Who knows?

Male in WWE, I would say Seth. (Remember, #MinorLeague people aren't eligible in MY book, so no NXT dudes)

I mean, I definitely wouldn't say Becky was the best in-ring worker, as that would probably be Charles, but if someone asked me who I thought made the biggest impact of the year, it would be Becky.

Ain't even mad at that logic..If it was called "Women's Impact Personality of the Year"..But it's wrestler of the year..So, to me, the very first thing that has to be discussed is the actual wrestling part of the equation..And there ain't a person alive who's gonna convince me that Becky's work has been better than Chuck or Asuka..Hell even Nia and Ronda were in more memorable matches this year than Becky..

I don't think anyone was head and shoulders above the rest of the bunch for the MAJORITY of the year.

Male and Female

Becky and Tanahashi both had SUPER strong 4th quarters of the year but is that enough for them to be #1? Who knows?

Male in WWE, I would say Seth. (Remember, #MinorLeague people aren't eligible in MY book, so no NXT dudes)

I'd put AJ over Seth..AJ spent the entire year as champion and the face of SD..Seth wasn't Universal champ and he was behind Roman, Brock, and Braun as the most important person on RAM..

I'd put AJ over Seth..AJ spent the entire year as champion and the face of SD..Seth wasn't Universal champ and he was behind Roman, Brock, and Braun as the most important person on RAM..
You can look at it that way as well but I feel Seth had more memorable matches this year.

But it is a flip of the coin type of thing honestly.

You can look at it that way as well but I feel Seth had more memorable matches this year.

But it is a flip of the coin type of thing honestly.

I'd put their work on par with each other..So then you go to personality/gimmick which, to me, is pretty much a tie..Then you have to go to importance to the company/show they're on..Seth wasn't nearly as valuable to Raw as AJ was to SD..So take that plus the fact AJ spent almost the entire year as champion and it puts Allen ahead of Sext..

AJ spent an entire year as champ with almost no notable matches to show for it......
tumblr_ogepq2FlQ41sj4xr4o1_400.gif

I'd put their work on par with each other..So then you go to personality/gimmick which, to me, is pretty much a tie..Then you have to go to importance to the company/show they're on..Seth wasn't nearly as valuable to Raw as AJ was to SD..So take that plus the fact AJ spent almost the entire year as champion and it puts Allen ahead of Sext..
I have to "judge" AJ negatively for the horrible Nakamura feud.

Excellent Conversation on Kenny Omega

The EGGSHELLS Podcast Companion is a series of shows exploring a different year in the wrestling history of the Tokyo Dome with a different guest each episode.
Episode 29 sees Chris Charlton and Michelle Cain look at 2017. Hiromu Takahashi debuts in the Dome, Kenny Omega and Kazuchika Okada have a classic, and DDT run the (empty) Dome for the first time. The podcast is an audio companion to EGGSHELLS: Pro Wrestling in the Tokyo Dome, available now!

EGGSHELLS Podcast Companion: 2017 w/ Michelle Cain: https://www.postwrestling.com/2018/12/31/eggshells-podcast-companion-2017-w-michelle-cain/

Also

John Pollock, WH Park, and Wai Ting preview this Friday’s Wrestle Kingdom 13 card from the Tokyo Dome with a match-by-match discussion.

The three discuss the main event involving Kenny Omega and Hiroshi Tanahashi, the future of the Elite, analysis on the cornerstones of New Japan for 2019 and how they are positioned on this show, Chris Jericho’s role on the show and a big catch up on all the key characters and stories going into New Japan’s biggest card of the year.

NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 13 Primer and Preview: https://www.postwrestling.com/2019/01/01/njpw-wrestle-kingdom-13-primer-and-preview/

Back
Top Bottom