Early Entry NBA Draft Thread - Updated List

In regards to Kevin Love, he somewhat reminds me of an older Vlade Divacs, albeit shorter and stronger. I think on a team that can utilize him properly hecould be a solid player, especially a team that can bring him out to the high post and let him show off his passing ability. His range definitely will help himon the next level cause hes not going to be able to seal off C's and PF's in the post as easy as he did in college (see Memphis game and all threeStanford games).

also, as a ucla fan, I'm kind of hoping Collison leaves
laugh.gif

He's shown all he can do at the college level by this point imo and I don't see his stock drastically improving unless he grows 2-3 inches and adds 30pounds of muscle. plus we don't need him taking away minutes from JH

I thought Utah was crazy for signing Mehmet Okur. Kevin Love basically has the same game, lacks a little height, but has a low post game superior to Okur. Loveshould stay in school and earn his way into the top 5 lottery picks next year. What's his rush? Love could take the Matt Leinart route and just coast nextseason in southern California and dance all the way to final four again.

And Roy Hibbert was going to put himself in the Top 5 when he returned for his senior season...

Things don't always work out like that....people will emerge. Might as well go now when you're Top 15

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Boeheim looked at his roster after Devendorf went down, realized that he had 1 legit offensive weapon night in and night out and probably gave the kid the green light.

It really was more that he couldn't take him out. Who could he put in Jackson? It just doesn't work like that when you have no bench.

He was a chucker. Played NO defense. I am sure it will hurt us, but it doesn't matter to me at all.

Originally Posted by dreClark

What big man is gonna challenge his spot next year in the draft??? Well, besides Brian Zoubek

Thats the same thing people were telling Roy Hibbert

Honestly Love should stay... he could be a top 5 pick next year and he would win a Chip... or have a real good shot at it.

BBallah, whats the word mayne???

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Kevin McHale type player

That's a lofty comparison.....so should Love be getting his thoughts together as to what he wants to say in his HOF induction speech?

i thought the same thing when i read dudes post. wasn't McHale a top-50 player? isnt McHale a hall-of-famer?
i see him as a less athletic Boozer...and no we dont ALWAYS have to compare a white player with another white player or a black player with another blackplayer that just erks me!!

Originally Posted by allen3xis

And Roy Hibbert was going to put himself in the Top 5 when he returned for his senior season...

Things don't always work out like that....people will emerge. Might as well go now when you're Top 15
who thought that bum roy was going ot be a top 5 pick?

The only thing love would gain by coming back to UCLA is losing some weight other then that he will gain nothing by staying so should go ahead and bounce.

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

Honestly Love should stay... he could be a top 5 pick next year and he would win a Chip... or have a real good shot at it.

Why would he benefit from staying? The type of player he is now is the type of player he's always going to be...and he wouldn't have a real shot atthe chip because even if he does stay Collison and Westbrook are gone for sure leaving him with two freshmen in their place.

He needs to split...he's not going to get that much better.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

who thought that bum roy was going ot be a top 5 pick?

Alot of people...he told me out of his MOUTH that NBA officials told John Thompson that he'd be the top big man prospect in 2008 after he gave Greg Odenwork in the final four.

Yeah, Roy woulda been top 10 had he left last year...almost everyone thought he'd be Top 5 once he announced he'd be back..

Didn't work out like that tho.

Yeah, Roy woulda been top 10 had he left last year...almost everyone thought he'd be Top 5 once he announced he'd be back..

Didn't work out like that tho.

Yea i thought it was smart becuase he was going to improve his pick. Then he never really did anything.

Originally Posted by WstCoastGotti

Nothing is decided yet. We are currently sitting at an airport waiting on a flight back home where he will decide. UCLA is gonna be in shambles thisyear if everyone leaves. Collison is gone. Shipp is gone. Westbrook is sitting about 70/30 towards leaving. Kevin is still deciding. Aboya is graduating thisyear and is leaving to go back to cameroon and he is going to run for president in the next 4 years. Dragovic is going back to europe and Mata is graduating.That's potentially seven players off of this years team that are gone for next year.

ShannonsCrooks:

Wonder if Jefferson's decision to stay at USC for one more year is going to sway Mayo. Team could be a serious national title contender next year with those returning players and Lil'Romeo coming in.

you are joking. im not asking. im just telling you.

of the recruits hitting southern cal next season you named lil friggin romeo as the one who's going to make an impact??

the only and i mean ONLY reason he is going to usc is because derozan wanted him there as a sidekick.

kid is a 2 star recruit, rightfully he should be playing at eastern shore or a school of the like.

but the staff at usc thought it was worth essentially wasting a scholarship on miller if they could get derozan.

Shipp is gone.

Why the hell would Shipp leave? That would be as dumb as when Marcus Williams left Zona'. Dude is not getting drafted (at this point)...he should come backfor his Sr. year and get some swagger/confidence back....

*****... Damn mayne you ruined my day
laugh.gif

Why is Dragovic goin back to Europe? and Shipp is leaving... He couldnt even make an NBDL team right now. Damn. Anyways, good lookin out though
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

ShannonsCrooks:

Wonder if Jefferson's decision to stay at USC for one more year is going to sway Mayo. Team could be a serious national title contender next year with those returning players and Lil'Romeo coming in.

you are joking. im not asking. im just telling you.

of the recruits hitting southern cal next season you named lil friggin romeo as the one who's going to make an impact??

the only and i mean ONLY reason he is going to usc is because derozan wanted him there as a sidekick.

kid is a 2 star recruit, rightfully he should be playing at eastern shore or a school of the like.

but the staff at usc thought it was worth essentially wasting a scholarship on miller if they could get derozan.

Pretty sure that my fellow Mustain Movement team member Shannon was just joking/being sarcastic.....

Blake Griffin announced that he was staying for another year...

Hope he can stay healthy..

Deandre Jordan is declaring, but no agent per ESPNEWS ticker. This maybe late, but I didn't see his name on the list.

unc word yet?

and word to clutchshooter...im glad he didnt let the terrible comment slip by

Blake Griffin announced that he was staying for another year...

Hope he can stay healthy..
YES.
pimp.gif
Get that knee right, and he's a Top 5 pick next year.

Oklahoma is gonna be NICE. Griffin, Crocker and Willie Warren is mean. If Augustin leaves, that might be the best team in the BigXii...
Deandre Jordan is declaring, but no agent per ESPNEWS ticker.
No agent = Good decision. Keep your options open at least.

Back
Top Bottom