Early Entry NBA Draft Thread - Updated List

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Out of curiosity, what type of player do you see Kevin Love becoming on the next level?

i think it may take him some time to adjust but he'll be fine in the league.

[table][tr][td][/td] [td]
Out of curiosity, what type of player do you see Kevin Love becoming on the next level?
[/td] [/tr][/table]
someone like a Boris Diaw *shrugs*

nothing special, but not awful.

One writer from USA Today (forget the name) said he would take him #1
roll.gif

Brandon Rush has to either stay or go. He can't test the waters again. He's already done it twice. He said he hasn't decided what he's gonna dobut I'd put it at a 95% chance that he's gone.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

nothing special, but not awful.

One writer from USA Today (forget the name) said he would take him #1
roll.gif
Was it David Dupree...I think I heard Wilbon mention something about that yesterday on PTI....
laugh.gif

I just have no clue what to figure on Love when he gets to the NBA....

Yup that's him
laugh.gif

He really is a skilled player, but he really has no room to improve at this point. He's not getting any more athletic, his body is already filled out.

It's tough to figure out.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

He really is a skilled player, but he really has no room to improve at this point. He's not getting any more athletic, his body is already filled out.

He may not get any more athletic but he can certainly get in better shape which could improve his overall game.

I am really interested in Oranthol James' decision. Wonder if Jefferson's decision to stay at USC for one more year is going to sway Mayo. Team couldbe a serious national title contender next year with those returning players and Lil'Romeo coming in.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

but anyone else think Hansbrough will stay? i do, might as well...they'll be very good again, he's already been there for 3, might as well. he strikes me as a dude who's gonna get the most of his college years and enjoy everything that comes with being a senior at a big time program. he can come back, make a last run at a title and finish his career as one of the best Tarheels ever, if not the best.

I think he said that the only way there was a possibility of him leaving is if they won the championship. I think I read it in an SI article a month or soago.

Despite reports, UCLA's Love, Collison insist no final decisions made

Despite media reports stating UCLA freshman center Kevin Love and junior point guard Darren Collison were leaving for the NBA, Love's mother and Collison both said late Tuesday night the reports were false and decisions were not yet made.

The reports quoted unidentified sources saying the players told UCLA coach Ben Howland during a Monday meeting they had decided to declare for the NBA draft.

"I don't know where these rumors are coming from, because it has not yet been decided," said Love's mother, Karen. "I got a frantic call this afternoon from Kevin and he said there was a report he was leaving and made a decision, and that is not true."

Collison, reached at his parents' home in Rancho Cucamonga, called the reports false.

"It's not true. That's what I'm telling you," Collison said. "It's unfair for this to be reported because it is not true. I have all these people calling me, and I didn't even know about it. I don't know where this stuff is coming from."

Of course, sources said throughout the season said Love and Collison were expected to leave following the season for the NBA, and sources continue to say that.

Collison and Love both met with Howland on Monday, but Collison and Love's mother denied the players told the coach they were leaving.

Collison said his parents were flying home from the Final Four on Tuesday night. The team left San Antonio on Sunday morning, but several families of the players remained in town and watched the championship game

"I haven't spoken to coach (Howland) about my decision because no decision has been made," Collison said. "This is not something I'm going to do without speaking to my family about it first, and we have not spoken about it yet."

Karen Love said Kevin was expected to fly home to Lake Oswego (Ore.) today so the family could discuss the matter over the weekend. She added that Kevin did meet with Howland on Monday, but no decision was made as to whether or not Love was leaving.

"Kevin did not tell Ben that he was leaving, and we didn't make that decision yet," Karen Love said. "He is coming home this weekend and we're discussing it. It hasn't happened yet."

Following the Bruins' loss to Memphis in the NCAA Tournament's national semifinals on Saturday, Love said he would take at least a week to make a decision.

"When Kevin makes a decision, everyone will know," Karen Love said. "It won't be decided at least until some time next week. One thing is he has it pretty nice at school."

Love, the 6-foot-10, 262-pound Pacific-10 player of the year and a consensus first-team all-American, led UCLA in scoring at 17.5 points and 10.6 rebounds per game.

Collison is projected as a mid-first round selection after averaging 15.2 points and 3.9 assists per game.

Also, sources continue to say Bruins guard Russell Westbrook is leaning toward putting his name in the draft, but it is uncertain whether he will hire an agent. Sources told the Daily News a few days ago Westbrook would likely remain in the draft if he was assured of being in the top 20 picks.

"We haven't even talked about it yet," said Westbrook's father, Russell Sr. "I'm not sure yet. That decision is yet to be made."

The deadline for underclassmen to declare for the NBA draft is April 27. If players declare but do not hire an agent, they can pull their names out before the draft and maintain their college eligibility.

Link

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Kevin McHale type player
Originally Posted by thachosen123

i kno that, but Westbrook isn't goin 1st round anyways, so thats not a problem

my friend sat next to a NBA scout during a game earlier this season and the scout said the Westbrook was actually the highest rated NBA prospect on the teambecause of his athleticism and potential

Originally Posted by mustbetheshoe58

kevin love will be a top 5 pick imo

Whatever order you wana put these 5....this it imo
Rose, Beasley, Lopez, Bayless, Mayo

You think he is a top 5 pick? or you think someone will take him?

Originally Posted by i am toddzo

Tmay, Deandre's gone... my friend is on the team and said that he bounced after the tourney and changed his cell phone number.. didn't even tell Turge or most of the team.
laugh.gif
Oh geez... One of my friends (plays in the BigXii) saidhe talked to him less than a week ago and he said that he hadn't decided... Honestly, he needs to stay. He ain't ready for the L... But if he goes,he'll probably be a Lottery pick just based off physical talent and upside potential. If he stayed, he'd be a Top 5 lock next year unless he just fellapart. He'd really benefit from another year in almost every aspect.

Right now, he's DeSagana Diop minus the weight issues. He's got absolutely nothing going for him offensively. He can't handle the ball, he'sgot ZERO post moves, he can't pass, he can't shoot, he's got almost no understanding of what's going on around him most of the time on theoffensive end... He's got so many issues... He'll be fine on the defensive need, but I wonder how well he'll rebound at the next level right awaybecause I just don't see him being able to hold his ground real well... He's gotta put on some serious muscle mass. Dude is F-R-A-I-L. He's gonnaget pushed around like a rag doll.

smh.gif
Bothers me that dudes fail to even be productive most of the time in college, and think they are ready for the NBA... A&M's offense is relativelybig man oriented, and you weren't even a factor 75% of the time. The hell makes you think you're ready for that jump?
I just don't see much upside. He'll have a good career, but I just don't see NBA all-star in him at all. I don't blame him forleaving, because he's not going to gain anything by coming back.

I think if Thabeet declares....Jordan should DEFINITELY stay in school...

Hell, he should stay anyways.

What big man is gonna challenge his spot next year in the draft??? Well, besides Brian Zoubek

Originally Posted by dreClark

laugh.gif

Donte Green....

I bet you Jimmy Boeheim is NOT complaining about this chucker leaving early....
smh.gif
smh.gif

Truth. Donte Green was awful this season. I can't believe he just continued to fire away with impunity. I was surprised Boeheim didn't bench himmore often. Almost half of Green's shots were terrible, out of rhythm, off balanced, and were collalsal bricks.

Originally Posted by chikickz

laugh.gif

Donte Green....

smh.gif
smh.gif

Truth. Donte Green was awful this season. I can't believe he just continued to fire away with impunity. I was surprised Boeheim didn't bench him more often. Almost half of Green's shots were terrible, out of rhythm, off balanced, and were collalsal bricks.
You don't think this was a result of the lack of offensive options with injuries to Rautins, Devendorf and general inexperience? Who was going totake Green's place in the lineup? Calling dude a chucker? Sure Jimmy B wishes Scoop Jardine put the team on his shoulders and carried them to theNCAA's.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Originally Posted by chikickz

laugh.gif

Donte Green....

smh.gif
smh.gif

Truth. Donte Green was awful this season. I can't believe he just continued to fire away with impunity. I was surprised Boeheim didn't bench him more often. Almost half of Green's shots were terrible, out of rhythm, off balanced, and were collalsal bricks.
You don't think this was a result of the lack of offensive options with injuries to Rautins, Devendorf and general inexperience? Who was going to take Green's place in the lineup? Calling dude a chucker? Sure Jimmy B wishes Scoop Jardine put the team on his shoulders and carried them to the NCAA's.

Nah Shannon...

Dude takes the dumbest shots ever.... A 6'10 Ricky Davis...

I mean I understand they had injuries....

But that's the reason he continually takes Off balance. fade away 3 pointers with a hand in his face and 15 seconds left on the shot clock????

Yeah, he took some of the worst shots you can possibly take.

He was a chucker in every sense of the word

What type of 6'10 player takes 16 threes in one game?

Boeheim looked at his roster after Devendorf went down, realized that he had 1 legit offensive weapon night in and night out and probably gave the kid thegreen light.

I don't Love think has much room to get better, but he is a smart player which will help him for a while.

Green is not much of a loss for Cuse' like many others said he is a jacker.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

Boeheim looked at his roster after Devendorf went down, realized that he had 1 legit offensive weapon night in and night out and probably gave the kid the green light.

Did Johnny Flynn and Paul Harris lose their dribble penetration games when Devendorf went down? Boeheim still had options, but almost everytime the ballwas passed to Donte Green it then found itself flying towards the rim in the form of a bad shot. Green has decent handles that allow him to get to the rim. He just doesn't have the aggressiveness to do it. Tim Thomas 2.0 if you will. He's going to chuck and brick so many shots in the NBA. I hope he atleast plays better defense than Tim Thomas.

Back
Top Bottom