Originally Posted by MrONegative

Because a team he told not to draft him
False.

traded for a second lottery pick to draft him
False.
Originally Posted by mjd77

because he doesn't want to play in Minnesota
"The Minnesota Timberwolves continue to be my first option and I wish to play with them in the near future."
-Ricky Rubio
You're beginning to sound like all those Cleveland Cavalier fans who SWORE up and down that LeBron wouldn't leave
laugh.gif

You sound like a knick fan still salty bron aint come through
laugh.gif

Rubio will start off in MN, despite NYknick fans thirst for a pg he aint going to NY- the most overrated franchise in history. Rubio, Flynn, Johnson, Love, Beasley, yeah buddy.  

*Insert top low post player who comes out this year*

Salty? How do I sound salty? Because he's so sure that Rubio wants to play in MN?

Why bring up the Knicks? Where does the Knicks come from in any of this? We're talking about the TImberwolves here.

If anything, YOU sound like real original bringing up the Knicks out of left field.
laugh.gif
Try again buddy

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by JPZx

False.

False.

"The Minnesota Timberwolves continue to be my first option and I wish to play with them in the near future."
-Ricky Rubio
You're beginning to sound like all those Cleveland Cavalier fans who SWORE up and down that LeBron wouldn't leave
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Rubio will start off in MN, despite NYknick fans thirst for a pg he aint going to NY- the most overrated franchise in history. Rubio, Flynn, Johnson, Love, Beasley, yeah buddy.  

Salty? How do I sound salty? Because he's so sure that Rubio wants to play in MN?

Why bring up the Knicks? Where does the Knicks come from in any of this? We're talking about the TImberwolves here.

If anything, YOU sound like real original bringing up the Knicks out of left field.
laugh.gif
Try again buddy

Because he's so sure that Rubio wants to play in MN?
Nope. People keep misunderstanding what I'm saying.

I can't be sure that he wants or doesn't want to play in Minnesota, just like you can't. None of us know. However, I at the very least have quotes on my side, where as you guys don't really have much of anything. It's whatever.

Because he's so sure that Rubio wants to play in MN?
Nope. People keep misunderstanding what I'm saying.

I can't be sure that he wants or doesn't want to play in Minnesota, just like you can't. None of us know. However, I at the very least have quotes on my side, where as you guys don't really have much of anything. It's whatever.

False.

False.

-Ricky Rubio
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Try again buddy

I just love how sports fans love to think players have so much power. Point blank, Rubio's only option is to play for the MN timberwolves, if he wants to play in the nba if he doesn't want to play with the timberwolves the wolves do not have to trade him, hence what makes the Kahn draft so brilliant.

False.

False.

-Ricky Rubio
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Try again buddy

I just love how sports fans love to think players have so much power. Point blank, Rubio's only option is to play for the MN timberwolves, if he wants to play in the nba if he doesn't want to play with the timberwolves the wolves do not have to trade him, hence what makes the Kahn draft so brilliant.

i mean with how gorgeous the women are in spain, could you really fault him for picking that over Minnesota?

i mean with how gorgeous the women are in spain, could you really fault him for picking that over Minnesota?

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Didn't he get drafted like a few years ago? What happened? 
laugh.gif
How come you always make topics, but not contribute to them after wards? Every time I see that Adonal Foyle avy, I know it's gonna be an ask and run.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
How come you always make topics, but not contribute to them after wards? Every time I see that Adonal Foyle avy, I know it's gonna be an ask and run.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif

Not looking good

[h1]He’s 20. Is Rubio’s Fine Future in the Past?[/h1][h6]By JONATHAN GIVONY[/h6][h6]Published: January 22, 2011[/h6]

Rarely would a 20-year-old basketball player be considered over the hill.

Enlarge This Image
[img]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/01/23/sports/RUBIO/RUBIO-articleInline.jpg[/img]
[h6]Frank Perry/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images[/h6]
Playing for F.C. Barcelona, the Spanish prodigyRicky Rubio, center, has made only a third of his field goal attemptsthis season.

[h3]Related[/h3]
[h5] [/h5]

Keep up with the latest news, on the court and off, with The Times's basketball blog.

Go to Off the Dribble
[h3]N.B.A.[/h3][h3]Knicks[/h3][h3]Nets[/h3][h3]W.N.B.A.[/h3][h3]Liberty[/h3]
But Ricky Rubio set the bar high for himself with his precocious play.Along the way, he has won championships at every level. Rubio made hisprofessional debut at 14 with DKV Joventut in the ACB league of Spain,mesmerizing spectators with his creativity and basketball acumen.

In 2009, the Minnesota Timberwolves selected him fifth over all in the N.B.A. draft. He elected to stay in Spain, moving across town to F.C. Barcelona, one of the most prominent basketball teams in Europe.

The team won a Euroleague title last season with Rubio playing asomewhat secondary role. For much of the decisive action of theEuroleague Final Four, he watched from the bench. Rubio was just arookie at this level, and people said he still had a lot to learn.

Last summer, Rubio had a golden opportunity to showcase himself as thefuture of Spanish basketball, playing for the national team in theworld championships in Turkey. With Toronto Raptors point guard Jose Calderon out with an injury, and Pau Gasol electing to stay home after winning an N.B.A. title with the Lakers, this was Rubio’s ship to steer.

Instead, Rubio struggled in a featured role. He shot 28 percent fromthe field, including 2 of 17 from 3-point range, and averaged 4 pointsin 25 minutes over nine games. Spain, the defending champion, lost inthe quarterfinals. For the first time, cracks began to appear in theRubio hype machine.

“I didn’t feel good last summer,

Not looking good

[h1]He’s 20. Is Rubio’s Fine Future in the Past?[/h1][h6]By JONATHAN GIVONY[/h6][h6]Published: January 22, 2011[/h6]

Rarely would a 20-year-old basketball player be considered over the hill.

Enlarge This Image
[img]http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2011/01/23/sports/RUBIO/RUBIO-articleInline.jpg[/img]
[h6]Frank Perry/Agence France-Presse — Getty Images[/h6]
Playing for F.C. Barcelona, the Spanish prodigyRicky Rubio, center, has made only a third of his field goal attemptsthis season.

[h3]Related[/h3]
[h5] [/h5]

Keep up with the latest news, on the court and off, with The Times's basketball blog.

Go to Off the Dribble
[h3]N.B.A.[/h3][h3]Knicks[/h3][h3]Nets[/h3][h3]W.N.B.A.[/h3][h3]Liberty[/h3]
But Ricky Rubio set the bar high for himself with his precocious play.Along the way, he has won championships at every level. Rubio made hisprofessional debut at 14 with DKV Joventut in the ACB league of Spain,mesmerizing spectators with his creativity and basketball acumen.

In 2009, the Minnesota Timberwolves selected him fifth over all in the N.B.A. draft. He elected to stay in Spain, moving across town to F.C. Barcelona, one of the most prominent basketball teams in Europe.

The team won a Euroleague title last season with Rubio playing asomewhat secondary role. For much of the decisive action of theEuroleague Final Four, he watched from the bench. Rubio was just arookie at this level, and people said he still had a lot to learn.

Last summer, Rubio had a golden opportunity to showcase himself as thefuture of Spanish basketball, playing for the national team in theworld championships in Turkey. With Toronto Raptors point guard Jose Calderon out with an injury, and Pau Gasol electing to stay home after winning an N.B.A. title with the Lakers, this was Rubio’s ship to steer.

Instead, Rubio struggled in a featured role. He shot 28 percent fromthe field, including 2 of 17 from 3-point range, and averaged 4 pointsin 25 minutes over nine games. Spain, the defending champion, lost inthe quarterfinals. For the first time, cracks began to appear in theRubio hype machine.

“I didn’t feel good last summer,

Because a team he told not to draft him, traded for a second lottery pick to draft him. Then drafted another point guard and another. Then decided not to trade his rights to a team he'd be willing to play for. And keeps trying to convince their fans that he'll actually come over.

Cliffs: KAHHHHHHN!
30t6p3b.gif
eek.gif

Because a team he told not to draft him, traded for a second lottery pick to draft him. Then drafted another point guard and another. Then decided not to trade his rights to a team he'd be willing to play for. And keeps trying to convince their fans that he'll actually come over.

Cliffs: KAHHHHHHN!
30t6p3b.gif
eek.gif

I think he will eventually get to the NBA but don't think he will ever be anything more than a back-up pg. People act like he dominates for his team in spain, if he can't do it there - what makes anyone think he will be a good nba player?

Back
Top Bottom