delete

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

What was David Kahn thinking drafting three point guards in 2009? Ricky Rubio, Jonny Flynn, and Ty Lawson? Rubio is in Spain and Lawson was traded for a future first rounder. Flynn is the only one who has played at all. It's funny because I doubt during that draft anyone would think that Luke Ridnour or Sebastian Telfair would be the starter two years later
laugh.gif

and if they were to draft point guards, they could have taken Steph Curry, Brandon Jennings, Jrue Holiday, Darren Collison, or Rodrigue Beaubois 
laugh.gif
Denver told Minnesota to select Lawson.

Originally Posted by dland24

Originally Posted by JPZx

"The Minnesota Timberwolves continue to be my first option and I wish to play with them in the near future."
-Ricky Rubio

This is not a slight on your team or your city, but you know damn well this is false.  Aside from Minnesota fans, NO one would pick the Timberwolves as their FIRST option.  Im sorry.  You know damn well just because he said this does not necessarily make it true.  
laugh.gif
 at the Timberwolves and Minnesota being his FIRST option

but dude has no options. If he wants to play it will be MN.

"The Minnesota Timberwolves continue to be my first option and I wish to play with them in the near future."
-Ricky Rubio

This is not a slight on your team or your city, but you know damn well this is false.  Aside from Minnesota fans, NO one would pick the Timberwolves as their FIRST option.  Im sorry.  You know damn well just because he said this does not necessarily make it true.  
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Once he does come over, oh man, it's a WRAP for all PGs currently competing for most mediocre PG  in the L.
JPZx:
-Ricky Rubio
Right, because athletes always stick by their words.
laugh.gif
Once they say something, they're fully committed to whatever they just said, right? 
roll.gif

NO.
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Edit:
laugh.gif
I c what u did there

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Once he does come over, oh man, it's a WRAP for all PGs currently competing for most mediocre PG  in the L.
JPZx:
-Ricky Rubio
Right, because athletes always stick by their words.
laugh.gif
Once they say something, they're fully committed to whatever they just said, right? 
roll.gif

NO.
indifferent.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Edit:
laugh.gif
I c what u did there

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Because a team he told not to draft him
False.

traded for a second lottery pick to draft him
False.
Originally Posted by mjd77

because he doesn't want to play in Minnesota
-Ricky Rubio
You're beginning to sound like all those Cleveland Cavalier fans who SWORE up and down that LeBron wouldn't leave
laugh.gif

You sound like a knick fan still salty bron aint come through
laugh.gif

Rubio will start off in MN, despite NYknick fans thirst for a pg he aint going to NY- the most overrated franchise in history. Rubio, Flynn, Johnson, Love, Beasley, yeah buddy.  

*Insert top low post player who comes out this year*

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

Because a team he told not to draft him
False.

traded for a second lottery pick to draft him
False.
Originally Posted by mjd77

because he doesn't want to play in Minnesota
-Ricky Rubio
You're beginning to sound like all those Cleveland Cavalier fans who SWORE up and down that LeBron wouldn't leave
laugh.gif

You sound like a knick fan still salty bron aint come through
laugh.gif

Rubio will start off in MN, despite NYknick fans thirst for a pg he aint going to NY- the most overrated franchise in history. Rubio, Flynn, Johnson, Love, Beasley, yeah buddy.  

*Insert top low post player who comes out this year*

eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I like how most of everyone seems convinced they know exactly all the circumstances and reasons with this situation.

I just know, or have heard, what everyone else has, and just about everything posted in here COULD be true. This leads me to the conclusion that we have to wait and see how everything plays out for us to really know.

Anyone's opinion on the issue is frivolous at this point.

I like how most of everyone seems convinced they know exactly all the circumstances and reasons with this situation.

I just know, or have heard, what everyone else has, and just about everything posted in here COULD be true. This leads me to the conclusion that we have to wait and see how everything plays out for us to really know.

Anyone's opinion on the issue is frivolous at this point.

-Ricky Rubio

laugh.gif

That is not the point in the slightest bit.

-Ricky Rubio

laugh.gif

That is not the point in the slightest bit.

What was David Kahn thinking drafting three point guards in 2009? Ty Lawson?
I don't know how many times I have to say this but.... the trade that sent Lawson to the Nuggets was arranged beforehand and the Nuggets told the Timberwolves who to select. A third PG would have never been the selection if the Timberwolves were actually picking for themselves. It's two years later and people still don't understand that.

and if they were to draft point guards, they could have taken Steph Curry, Brandon Jennings, Jrue Holiday, Darren Collison, or Rodrigue Beaubois 
laugh.gif

Talk about hindsight.

I don't know how many times I have to say this but.... the trade that sent Lawson to the Nuggets was arranged beforehand and the Nuggets told the Timberwolves who to select. A third PG would have never been the selection if the Timberwolves were actually picking for themselves. It's two years later and people still don't understand that.

laugh.gif

Talk about hindsight.

laugh.gif

Talk about hindsight.

There isn't much hindsight in taking Stephen Curry. Just about everyone had him ahead of Flynn and many ahead of Rubio. What front office is so incompetent, that they can't do their research to see that the player they're selecting won't have the means to leave his current team for years if he's drafted out of the top 2 or 3?
If I'm not mistaken, they were still trying to make the Triangle offense work when they had their picks. So a pass-first PG with a flat jumper fits in better than the purest shooter of the draft?
indifferent.gif

And Knicks fans aren't heated we didn't get Rubio. We wanted Steph Curry, if not him then Rubio, if not him then Flynn. Timberwolves made sure we couldn't get any of them, and then @@@%%! around and only won 15 games on the year. 
eyes.gif
 If Bernie Madoff steals all your money, you say damn, a real evil genius ran through. 

David-Kahn.jpg

If a ******ed crackhead with a hammer mugs you, you just look in disgust. 
tired.gif
 yea, I'm still salty

laugh.gif

Talk about hindsight.

There isn't much hindsight in taking Stephen Curry. Just about everyone had him ahead of Flynn and many ahead of Rubio. What front office is so incompetent, that they can't do their research to see that the player they're selecting won't have the means to leave his current team for years if he's drafted out of the top 2 or 3?
If I'm not mistaken, they were still trying to make the Triangle offense work when they had their picks. So a pass-first PG with a flat jumper fits in better than the purest shooter of the draft?
indifferent.gif

And Knicks fans aren't heated we didn't get Rubio. We wanted Steph Curry, if not him then Rubio, if not him then Flynn. Timberwolves made sure we couldn't get any of them, and then @@@%%! around and only won 15 games on the year. 
eyes.gif
 If Bernie Madoff steals all your money, you say damn, a real evil genius ran through. 

David-Kahn.jpg

If a ******ed crackhead with a hammer mugs you, you just look in disgust. 
tired.gif
 yea, I'm still salty

There isn't much hindsight in taking Stephen Curry. Just about everyone had him ahead of Flynn and many ahead of Rubio.
Many had Stephen Curry ahead of Ricky Rubio in their mock drafts?
laugh.gif

Please. The latest anyone who was anyone had Ricky Rubio falling that year was to the Sacramento Kings at #4. Not only that, no one had Stephen Curry higher than #5 to the Timberwolves.
If I'm not mistaken, they were still trying to make the Triangleoffense work when they had their picks. So a pass-first PG with a flatjumper fits in better than the purest shooter of the draft?
indifferent.gif

You are mistaken.

Kurt Rambis was hired after the draft therefore the triangle offense hadn't been implemented until after Rubio was selected.

You seem to have a very difficult time remembering the past.
laugh.gif

There isn't much hindsight in taking Stephen Curry. Just about everyone had him ahead of Flynn and many ahead of Rubio.
Many had Stephen Curry ahead of Ricky Rubio in their mock drafts?
laugh.gif

Please. The latest anyone who was anyone had Ricky Rubio falling that year was to the Sacramento Kings at #4. Not only that, no one had Stephen Curry higher than #5 to the Timberwolves.
If I'm not mistaken, they were still trying to make the Triangleoffense work when they had their picks. So a pass-first PG with a flatjumper fits in better than the purest shooter of the draft?
indifferent.gif

You are mistaken.

Kurt Rambis was hired after the draft therefore the triangle offense hadn't been implemented until after Rubio was selected.

You seem to have a very difficult time remembering the past.
laugh.gif

OK. So getting a player who couldn't afford to come over (whether he wanted to play in a small market or not) made basketball sense, because he was supposed to be real good.

And drafting the wrong 2nd point guard immediately after him, made basketball sense, because they hadn't yet hired the wrong coach for the picks that they just made.

Even if I remember the past, when will it start making sense? *hears snapshots*

OK. So getting a player who couldn't afford to come over (whether he wanted to play in a small market or not) made basketball sense, because he was supposed to be real good.

And drafting the wrong 2nd point guard immediately after him, made basketball sense, because they hadn't yet hired the wrong coach for the picks that they just made.

Even if I remember the past, when will it start making sense? *hears snapshots*

Really don't matter boy gone get bodied on a nightly bases when ever he does come

But he is better then what they got so I can understand why there fans still wishing and waiting

And jpz if his mother said something like that ill think that she may have his ear just a lil .........

Really don't matter boy gone get bodied on a nightly bases when ever he does come

But he is better then what they got so I can understand why there fans still wishing and waiting

And jpz if his mother said something like that ill think that she may have his ear just a lil .........

Back
Top Bottom