delete

[h1]Rubio Still Not Interested In Playing For Minnesota
[/h1]

The Timberwolves are working towards bringing Ricky Rubio to the NBA, but rumors continue to swirl that the guard doesn't want to play for the team.

"The bottom line is, why would he want to play in Minnesota?" a senior member of Rubio's camp told Jonathan Givony in a piece for the New York Times.

"He'll continue to say all the diplomatic things, and Minnesota needs to keep his value up for trade purposes, but the family's preference is to be on the East Coast, specifically New York, Miami or Boston. He wouldn't be troubled if he has to stay another year."

The Timberwolves hold his exclusive draft rights, meaning they are the only NBA team with whom he can negotiate.

A new collective bargaining agreement may not be as favorable for rookies.

"I'm not focused on the NBA right now," Rubio said. "Right now, I don't want to talk and I don't want to think."

[h1]Rubio Still Not Interested In Playing For Minnesota
[/h1]

The Timberwolves are working towards bringing Ricky Rubio to the NBA, but rumors continue to swirl that the guard doesn't want to play for the team.

"The bottom line is, why would he want to play in Minnesota?" a senior member of Rubio's camp told Jonathan Givony in a piece for the New York Times.

"He'll continue to say all the diplomatic things, and Minnesota needs to keep his value up for trade purposes, but the family's preference is to be on the East Coast, specifically New York, Miami or Boston. He wouldn't be troubled if he has to stay another year."

The Timberwolves hold his exclusive draft rights, meaning they are the only NBA team with whom he can negotiate.

A new collective bargaining agreement may not be as favorable for rookies.

"I'm not focused on the NBA right now," Rubio said. "Right now, I don't want to talk and I don't want to think."

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

Didn't he get drafted like a few years ago? What happened? 
laugh.gif
How come you always make topics, but not contribute to them after wards? Every time I see that Adonal Foyle avy, I know it's gonna be an ask and run.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Idk. I just make the threads to see what other people's responses are I guess. 
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif
How come you always make topics, but not contribute to them after wards? Every time I see that Adonal Foyle avy, I know it's gonna be an ask and run.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

I think he will eventually get to the NBA but don't think he will ever be anything more than a back-up pg. People act like he dominates for his team in spain, if he can't do it there - what makes anyone think he will be a good nba player?
Brandon Jennings bruh
athleticism dun
That wasn't his argument. And like Rubio isn't athletic. 
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Originally Posted by Bleezys and Heem

I think he will eventually get to the NBA but don't think he will ever be anything more than a back-up pg. People act like he dominates for his team in spain, if he can't do it there - what makes anyone think he will be a good nba player?
Brandon Jennings bruh
athleticism dun
That wasn't his argument. And like Rubio isn't athletic. 
alien.gif

There's hardly anything in that article that says he won't play for Minnesota, but am I going to say he wants to play for the Timberwolves? No, I'm not. Never have I said that he wanted to play for the Timberwolves. I just maintained that neither I, or any of you, know what Ricky Rubio himself will actually do. His family and friends have made it perfectly clear they want zero to do with Minnesota though.

Timberwolves have said they have a guarantee from him that he'll be in a T'Wolves uniform next season. It's whatever. We'll see what happens.

There's hardly anything in that article that says he won't play for Minnesota, but am I going to say he wants to play for the Timberwolves? No, I'm not. Never have I said that he wanted to play for the Timberwolves. I just maintained that neither I, or any of you, know what Ricky Rubio himself will actually do. His family and friends have made it perfectly clear they want zero to do with Minnesota though.

Timberwolves have said they have a guarantee from him that he'll be in a T'Wolves uniform next season. It's whatever. We'll see what happens.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Im only joking dude, IDK what's going on with Rubio.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Im only joking dude, IDK what's going on with Rubio.

ESPN reported that his original buyout with Joventut was €5.7 million ($8.1 million) in both 2009 and 2010.[5] Barça bought out Rubio's contract for €3.5 million ($5.0 million), and announced on September 1 that he had signed a six-year deal with the club. The contract gives him the option to go to the NBA after the 2010–11 season,[26] with ESPN reporting that the buyout at that time will be a more manageable $1.4 million (of which the Timberwolves can pay $500,000).[4] His decision to stay in Spain will save him millions in the short term, but may have long-term consequences. The Timberwolves will retain his NBA rights for one year after he stops playing professional basketball of any sort, at which time he may reenter the NBA draft (but does not become a free agent)

If this is true kix4kix couldn't be more wrong and he does have some power
laugh.gif
Just stop playing ball altogether and then reenter the draft in 2012? After doing all that in that scenario any small market team that drafts him would be smart enough to trade him shortly after.

ESPN reported that his original buyout with Joventut was €5.7 million ($8.1 million) in both 2009 and 2010.[5] Barça bought out Rubio's contract for €3.5 million ($5.0 million), and announced on September 1 that he had signed a six-year deal with the club. The contract gives him the option to go to the NBA after the 2010–11 season,[26] with ESPN reporting that the buyout at that time will be a more manageable $1.4 million (of which the Timberwolves can pay $500,000).[4] His decision to stay in Spain will save him millions in the short term, but may have long-term consequences. The Timberwolves will retain his NBA rights for one year after he stops playing professional basketball of any sort, at which time he may reenter the NBA draft (but does not become a free agent)

If this is true kix4kix couldn't be more wrong and he does have some power
laugh.gif
Just stop playing ball altogether and then reenter the draft in 2012? After doing all that in that scenario any small market team that drafts him would be smart enough to trade him shortly after.

He won't sit out a year of professional basketball. That would be the worst decision for him business-wise.

He won't sit out a year of professional basketball. That would be the worst decision for him business-wise.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
I was joking anyways. But at least you made another post.

It would probably be easier for Rubio to force a trade then to sit out a year to re-enter the draft.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ohwell.gif
laugh.gif
I was joking anyways. But at least you made another post.

It would probably be easier for Rubio to force a trade then to sit out a year to re-enter the draft.

Really wanted Sac to draft this guy....yes, even over tyreke. I know reke is talented and all that, but its hard to play with a guy who really hogs the ball. Your team suffers a lot. Rubio would have brought back the white chocolate days and maybe some excitement.

Really wanted Sac to draft this guy....yes, even over tyreke. I know reke is talented and all that, but its hard to play with a guy who really hogs the ball. Your team suffers a lot. Rubio would have brought back the white chocolate days and maybe some excitement.

Under the current bargaining agreement. the team that drafts you owns your rights. Meaning the wolves would have to trade his rights to another team.
Not only that, he would have to wait another 4 years to get paid? naw.

Under the current bargaining agreement. the team that drafts you owns your rights. Meaning the wolves would have to trade his rights to another team.
Not only that, he would have to wait another 4 years to get paid? naw.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Whats up JPZx ?
Yi Jianlan looked like an idiot after demanding he plays for a "big market" team and then putting up pedestrian numbers. These foreign dudes need to realize that they may not be the next global superstar. Anyways, I say the Wolves trade his rights for a solid veteran while Rubio's stock is still worth something.

Back
Top Bottom