2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

If Curry teats FA, his $12 mill will be added to cap hold, not cap space...

It's 150% of his previous salary which would be around 18 million. Cap holds count in the cap space unless you renounce the free agent but you lose the bird rights if that's done. So GS has 34 mil committed to Dray and Klay next summer + Steph's cap hold of an estimated 18 million. That gives them 52 million. KD does his 1+1 and is eligible for the starting salary of 38.5 in 2017 that brings the total to 90.5 million. Cap is projected to be between 110-114 million. So that leaves GS wother 20-24 million to sign other guys then go over the cap to resign Steph to a max deal starting at 33 million.

It's 150% of his previous salary which would be around 18 million. Cap holds count in the cap space unless you renounce the free agent but you lose the bird rights if that's done. So GS has 34 mil committed to Dray and Klay next summer + Steph's cap hold of an estimated 18 million. That gives them 52 million. KD does his 1+1 and is eligible for the starting salary of 38.5 in 2017 that brings the total to 90.5 million. Cap is projected to be between 110-114 million. So that leaves GS wother 20-24 million to sign other guys then go over the cap to resign Steph to a max deal starting at 33 million.

Ah I see your point

That'd be scary if that happened

We're gonna start seeing 200+ Mil contracts :wow:

Good for the players, they make the NBA, they deserve as big of a piece of the pie as they can get.

If Curry teats FA, his $12 mill will be added to cap hold, not cap space...

Yep - the Warriors have been planning for this all along and have eyed KD for this reason (as I'm sure all other teams too, of course). Bob Myers/Joe Lacob know exactly what they're doing.

We're gonna start seeing 200+ Mil contracts :wow:

Good for the players, they make the NBA, they deserve as big of a piece of the pie as they can get.

completely agree. team owners are making money hand-over-fist based off the athleticism, training, and work of players. balmer, lacob, and cuban aint out there hoopin

Nah, the NBA creates the stars. They choose who to market and which teams to promote. They are responsible for the league thriving

All the owners were *****ing and moaning about the Lakers getting another super team when the new CBA was negotiated, yet the TV money is going to make it even more likely to happen now. And if GS pulls this off its curtains on the rest of the league for the next 5 years. They'll probably stage a lockout just to prevent it from happening.

Last edited:
So did KD sign with Boston yet or what? :nerd:

Let's hope not... hopefully signs with Warriors.
Nah, the NBA creates the stars. They choose who to market and which teams to promote. They are responsible for the league thriving

Nope. The NBA didn't make guys like Jordan, Kobe, LeBron...ect.

They were just that good! They made a name for themselves and the NBA capitalized on it.

Curry got outplayed in pretty every single statistical category by Kyrie.

Don't mean ****, he still the face of the NBA.

You think Express, State Farm, Chase, Gatorade, JBL, UA, Degree... ect. Gonna replace him with Kyrie? Nah... Those companies endorsed Steph Curry, not the NBA.

NBA doesn't create the Stars, but it does, it really does.

I have no doubt NBA could televise 25 of Pacer's games next year and make George a top 5 guy by year end.

Of course talent has to be there and in Paul's case it is so I think the NBA could replace KD with PG13 in one Season.

Nourish that talent and it will bud.

They who control the media control the minds.
Just look what Twitter has done to our Offseason thread in a matter of 24 hours.

We've all been swayed from here to there and back again.
Power of persuasion.
These Black Mirrors man, they have power

Last edited:
All the owners were *****ing and moaning about the Lakers getting another super team when the new CBA was negotiated, yet the TV money is going to make it even more likely to happen now. And if GS pulls this off its curtains on the rest of the league for the next 5 years. They'll probably stage a lockout just to prevent it from happening.

They pull it off.. Going get some form of franchise tag or something thrown in there

find it hard to believe that they'd stage a lockout considering the NBA allowed the KD-Shuttlesworth-Pierce and then Wade-Bron-Bosh "super teams" to form. in both cases, two FA joined a team.

I guess NBA should be replaced by TNT/ESPN in my previous post.

They choose the games huh?
They chose the topics on pre and post game shows.
They chose whose Tweets to air which Players to interview and so on.

Players have to have Star quality, but it's something else entirely that makes them Stars.

The two go hand in hand and most of that Power is out of their hands

Last edited:
Lol actually the only owner that cried was Dan Gilbert :lol:
Most of the owners weren't even consulted about the CP3 trade that got nixed
Anyway nothing is going to happen

They pull it off.. Going get some form of franchise tag or something thrown in there

Yea there's definitely going to be some implementation of this in the next CBA.

Pretty sure Cuban was vocal as well. Comic Sans Dan wasn't the only one.

Last edited:
does ibaka gettin traded prove that they made a mistake letting harden go?

They got incredibly lucky with the Adams pick, which allows them to say they didn't completely blow the Harden trade. But, the fact they don't have Ibaka or Harden isn't a good look.

That being said, their entire history has been defined by luck. They lucked into Durant at #2 (had 5th-best odds, I think). They took fliers on Westbrook and Harden. Hell, the guy taken before Westbrook (Mayo) just got banned from the league lol. The guy taken before Mayo (Beasley) ended up being a headcase and out of the league as well. Then, there's Derrick Rose's glass knees. In 2009, Hasheem Thabeet was taken #2 over Harden. I mean, come on. The Thunder pulled off the greatest three-year run of drafting in NBA history. That will never happen again.

been following the KD FA saga closely and i have one question. why do arm chair commentators add "_NBA" to the end of their twitter handles and suddenly think they're legitimate sports' columnists and reporters?

Last edited:
been following the KD FA saga closely and i have one question. why do arm chair commentators add "_NBA" to the end of their twitter handles and suddenly think they're legitimate sports' columnists and reporters?

Because idiots snap up all the potential account names and attempt to extort the real person for the account names. For example, Marc Stein is who he is. Theoretically, he should just be @MarcStein on Twitter. But his actual user name is @ESPNSteinLine. Adding "_NBA" is another version of that. Always look at the user name, not the display name. This is why Twitter started verifying users.

A-Fiend, Fam, there's no guarantee he's leaving, and if he does then eff it, because it'll only get worse from the there cause you Russ would be next. Who would you rather have stay long term?
KD no doubt.

My Mother was on one yesterday at Dinner about all this KD talk.
She's still salty at his game 7 performance.

She said "I hope the skinny shi t leaves and then Russ mans up and resigns long term before we can trade him, and then he beats KD next year in the Playoffs or we win a Chip before him and whatever team he goes too"

:rofl: I was like chill Mum, KD is staying. SHe was like "No NO NO, you don't understand, I want him gone.......":lol:

Moms tripping bruv

Haha i love your madre already b. Shes good money.

Shout out moms.

Moms>>>>>>>>

Royce Young was on Sportscenter just now looking like he was on the verge of tears.

Back
Top Bottom