2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

KD cannot take the heat he will get if he leaves.

Not his personality. Even if he wants to go, he stays. Then if him and Russ leave together it eases all the focus on him alone.

f5.gif

Later today we'll see a phrase to the tune of "I will be resigning with the OKC Thunder, I feel that we have a chance to do something special here and I don't want to miss out on that" coupled with the 1+1 deal.

They got incredibly lucky with the Adams pick, which allows them to say they didn't completely blow the Harden trade. But, the fact they don't have Ibaka or Harden isn't a good look.

That being said, their entire history has been defined by luck. They lucked into Durant at #2 (had 5th-best odds, I think). They took fliers on Westbrook and Harden. Hell, the guy taken before Westbrook (Mayo) just got banned from the league lol. The guy taken before Mayo (Beasley) ended up being a headcase and out of the league as well. Then, there's Derrick Rose's glass knees. In 2009, Hasheem Thabeet was taken #2 over Harden. I mean, come on. The Thunder pulled off the greatest three-year run of drafting in NBA history. That will never happen again.

Thank you for breaking it down man. Presti gonna be sick if KD leaves and Westbrook eventually or they have to trade him. They may never be the same.

Back
Top Bottom