You know what, #%@! Chick-Fil-A!

I don't understand why it's bad to be more concerned with problems that hit closer to one's own home.
I must be stupid.

How else do you plan to get respect on internet message boards?

You have to prioritize the hot topic of the hour and completely agree with the sentiment of the pack, lest you be classified a bigot.

Prioritizing your own problems and issues of greater importance...what a silly and outdated idea.

You have to prioritize the hot topic of the hour and completely agree with the sentiment of the pack, lest you be classified a bigot.
Prioritizing your own problems and issues of greater importance...what a silly and outdated idea.
Yeah bruh, let's go into a thread about a topic, denounce that topic as unimportant, and try to start a conversation about *** that we consider more important! That'll show em!

I don't understand why it's bad to be more concerned with problems that hit closer to one's own home.
I must be stupid.

Why aren't you prioritizing Jay-Z's illuminati messages at the dinner table?

The devil doesn't wait, you know.

Its a super serious issues and if it isn't handled immediately, we're all doomed to hell!

If I see baphomet one more time, i'm gonna flip, I swear to my monotheistic god!

Aren't you concerned about our spiritual welfare against the dark arts of polytheism? 

Last edited:
Chick-fil-A deserves all the backlash they're receiving now. It's unfortunate their chicken sandwiches and waffle fries are so damn good.

On that note, I love how some Christians will point to Leviticus as evidence against *****exuality but, on the flip side, they'll happily chow down on Chick-fil-A bacon platters without a care in the world. Salad bar Christians. :lol:

Why do you keep talking about me like we're potnas?

I don't know you duke? :lol:

I don't believe in hell or the Illuminati either but keep trying to hit a bullseye with personal shots when the flaws in your argument are exposed.

Because the topic is gay marriage.

You even admit that its a problem, yet you refuse to participate in the discussion.

Do yourself a favor and create a thread that addresses a problem or concern to something YOU find important.

And? You're allowed to bring up other issues as they relate to the top of discrimination. Why isn't anyone else?

As far as being involved in the "discussion" is concerned, I don't typically do that sort of thing online. My words don't matter to anyone reading them.

I'm also not the biggest fan of conversation that is monopolized by a single person.

Do your thing though.

Why do you keep talking about me like we're potnas?

I don't know you duke?
laugh.gif

I don't believe in hell or the Illuminati either but keep trying to hit a bullseye with personal shots when the flaws in your argument are exposed.

And? You're allowed to bring up other issues as they relate to the top of discrimination. Why isn't anyone else?
As far as being involved in the "discussion" is concerned, I don't typically do that sort of thing online. My words don't matter to anyone reading them.
I'm also not the biggest fan of conversation that is monopolized by a single person.
Do your thing though.

Wise man.

The funny part is....racism and the civil rights struggle was arbitrarily thrown into this discussion, to subconsciously legitimatize this incident and skew the conversation, since page 1...but now it gets flipped like I bought race into the topic.

Comedy.

Because the topic is gay marriage.

You even admit that its a problem, yet you refuse to participate in the discussion.

Do yourself a favor and create a thread that addresses a problem or concern to something YOU find important.
That would be reasonable, if only thats what you actually did.

You stated that you didn't like the comparison of "civil rights" as they related to black people, which was really partially only about black people, to the current gay rights movement.

You don't like gay rights so lets do this. Lets find a thread talking about gay rights, then invalidate gay rights, then say that we could be talking about the increasing hole in the ozone layer.

THEN, phase 2 of your plan will be to ridicule people who actually have a vested interest in replying to you.

THEN, phase 3 will be to act like you never cared at all. Argue on the internet? Thats for lames. Oh my posts prior to this? I was just talking. 

I'm waiting for you to reveal phase 4, a combination of ad-hominems and assumptions about my character, instead of the discussion at hand.
I can't legislate the degree of your own sense of self-worth. 

I love this argument. I don't argue on the internet...I just reply to people who reply to me. 
roll.gif

No one is stopping you from expressing yourself.

Do your thing though.
And you as well.

Last edited:
The funny part is....racism and the civil rights struggle was arbitrarily thrown into this discussion, to subconsciously legitimatize this incident and skew the conversation, since page 1...but now it gets flipped like I bought race into the topic.

Comedy.
Invoking the fact that blacks and latinos went through the same struggle to obtain and establish their legal autonomy should help people to understand the perspective that gays are going through right now.

However, to merely assert that the gay rights movement isn't "as important as" something else is to say that their rights OR the discussion of their rights isn't important is a slap in the face to everyone who has ever struggled to achieve a degree of success in their movement.

Likewise, its easy for you to ignore the blatant comparison of the discrimination of basic rights to a law-abiding and productive segment of the population by wagging your own petition in front of everyone YET for you to forget the very things you faced on the road for you to even have a voice in the first place.

You got your fill and forgot everyone else.

In case you forgot, the topic is STILL gay marriage, so you saying "well blacks get shot" doesnt actually rectify the initial injustice we were talking about. It doesn't just "go away."

Last edited:
Comedy.
FutureMD has the tendency to posts walls of text while conveniently ignoring good points.  Case in point.

So basically a topic is only admissible to a conversation if it is framed in a manner pleasing to you.

Starting to catch on to how this perspective thing works.

Last edited:
That would be reasonable, if only thats what you actually did.

You stated that you didn't like the comparison of "civil rights" as they related to black people, which was really partially only about black people, to the current gay rights movement.

You don't like gay rights so lets do this. Lets find a thread talking about gay rights, then invalidate gay rights, then say that we could be talking about the increasing hole in the ozone layer.

THEN, phase 2 of your plan will be to ridicule people who actually have a vested interest in replying to you.

THEN, phase 3 will be to act like you never cared at all. Argue on the internet? Thats for lames. Oh my posts prior to this? I was just talking. 

I'm waiting for you to reveal phase 4, a combination of ad-hominems and assumptions about my character, instead of the discussion at hand.

I can't legislate the degree of your own sense of self-worth. 

I love this argument. I don't argue on the internet...I just reply to people who reply to me. :rofl:

No one is stopping you from expressing yourself.

And you as well.

You just yap to yap.

Race and the civil rights movement were alluded to at the very beginning of this thread.

You yourself, was leaning on that crutch before either one of us posted.

Now we allude to it and we're selfish, lack perspective and are derailing the convo.

[quote name="FutureMD" url="/t/501030/you-know-what-chick-fil-a/270#post_16054700"]That would be reasonable, if only thats what you actually did.

You just yap to yap.

Race and the civil rights movement were alluded to at the very beginning of this thread.

You yourself, was leaning on that crutch before either one of us posted.

Now we allude to it and we're selfish, lack perspective and are derailing the convo.[/quote]
You're not alluding to the civil rights movement to encourage progression and inspiration, you're alluding to it to maintain your selfishness and reluctance to aid others. 

You learned how to succeed and don't want to encourage others to do so as well. Instead of sharing the wealth of social progressivism, you would rather center the conversation on you.

This topic wasn't about who has the better bad luck story, its about THIS bad luck story.

You're free to make a topic about disproportionate minority drug sentencing or staggering amounts of minority shootings in the last few years and I'd love to chime in.

But what I won't do is come in and start saying how we need to start supporting palestine or tibet.

Last edited:
You're not alluding to the civil rights movement to encourage progression and inspiration, you're alluding to it to maintain your selfishness and reluctance to aid others. 

You learned how to succeed and don't want to encourage others to do so as well. Instead of sharing the wealth of social progressivism, you would rather center the conversation on you.

This topic wasn't about who has the better bad luck story, its about THIS bad luck story.

You're free to make a topic about disproportionate minority drug sentencing or staggering amounts of minority shootings in the last few years and I'd love to chime in.

But what I won't do is come in and start saying how we need to start supporting palestine or tibet.

You got it Mr. MD

Thanks for that valuable insight and instruction.

The floor is all yours.

Wait...what?

I never said I don't like the comparison between black civil rights and gay civil rights.

I never said I don't support gay rights.

I was never trying to ridicule you. If you feel that way, I apologize.

I never said that I don't argue online. You may have interpreted what I said that way, but it's not what I meant. There's a reason "discussion" was in quotes.

I never said that anyone was keeping me from expressing myself. I alone make the decision to withhold my involvement.

Your description of "phase 4" is ironic because that's EXACTLY what you just did to me.

I legitimately think that you may have me confused with someone else.

I could go into specifics but honestly, if you don't take your religion seriously, why should I do it for you?

You really aren't consistent with how you validate what you choose to adhere to.

No diss, but if you want to pick and choose what to follow, just say so. Don't try to pass it off as some sort of higher-level understanding of "faith" that escapes the rest of us. It comes off as an excuse used to preclude others from inquiring as to how you stand on certain issues or elicit more detailed responses about your status, namely religion. 
The fact is you really can't...

We get it, you don't like religion or people that believe in it. I simply stated that I have my own opinions about my religion, but am a believer altogether. As soon as someone admits they do follow everything that the Bible says, you attack them for being insensitive hatemongers holding on to a relic of the past (i.e. Chick-fil-A).

You sound very judgmental for a person that just wants to live their life and allow others to live by their choice. 

My beliefs are rooted in the Christian principles and they always will be. Take that how you may, but at the end of the day your opinions don't mean much and that bothers you.

Higher-level? I appreciate the compliment but I don't know if its higher level or not, its just my beliefs. I guess I will find out when I hit those pearly gates.

And it's really wack to start a sentence off by saying no diss and then disrespect me right after. You come off as very intelligent but your anger towards a certain belief system really clouds that. 

I could go into specifics but honestly, if you don't take your religion seriously, why should I do it for you?

You really aren't consistent with how you validate what you choose to adhere to.

No diss, but if you want to pick and choose what to follow, just say so. Don't try to pass it off as some sort of higher-level understanding of "faith" that escapes the rest of us. It comes off as an excuse used to preclude others from inquiring as to how you stand on certain issues or elicit more detailed responses about your status, namely religion. 
The fact is you really can't...

We get it, you don't like religion or people that believe in it. I simply stated that I have my own opinions about my religion, but am a believer altogether. As soon as someone admits they do follow everything that the Bible says, you attack them for being insensitive hatemongers holding on to a relic of the past (i.e. Chick-fil-A).

You sound very judgmental for a person that just wants to live their life and allow others to live by their choice. 

My beliefs are rooted in the Christian principles and they always will be. Take that how you may, but at the end of the day your opinions don't mean much and that bothers you.

Higher-level? I appreciate the compliment but I don't know if its higher level or not, its just my beliefs. I guess I will find out when I hit those pearly gates.

And it's really wack to start a sentence off by saying no diss and then disrespect me right after. You come off as very intelligent but your anger towards a certain belief system really clouds that. 
This isn't about Chik Fila A so here:
I'm NOT angry at you at all. I just don't think you're willing to bear the brunt of being responsible for your voluntary association to something.

Heres the thing though, and you can't deny this:

You clearly are using SOME OTHER UNDERSTANDING of your morality to interpret what you choose to follow in the bible. Do you not?

The bible is CLEAR on its view of *****exuality, is it not? Lets not fool ourselves. The book is pretty ambiguous from time to time but in the OT and NT, it spells out what the book's intention is.

But so what?

Who are you really helping in supporting gay rights? I mean I get it: "I'm not like those other christians!" and you think "its important to judge actions, and not beliefs!"

But, so what?

Are you still not validating a book that justifies these things? At the end of the day, you can't be mad that there are people out there who take the bible more seriously than you do. What do you expect to happen when people read and embrace things that you thought to skip over? 

You might say well "I love the sinner but hate the sin!"...I mean, yet again, you're still validating a book that says there is a place for hell and that gays will still go there. 

The entire crux of my argument is not that you're bad person, its that by your very nature as a vocal christian and a bible believing one, you validate the actions of those who take the bible more seriously than you. You can't escape this notion. 

Plus, who else but a true believer would dare question something they deemed to be the inerrant word of their god?

No drop of water ever feels responsible for the flood. 

Last edited:
its so obvious whats going on here its sad...stop giving this dude fuel yall..its what he needs...

cant believe NTers fall into the same trap over nd over nd over...

does dude make good points? yes

does he do adequate research to back up his points? yes

DOES THAT CHANGE THE FACT THAT HES A TROLL? NOPE

hes SILLYPUTTY...not md, but SILLYPUTTY!!

i want yall to stop challenging this dude, cant yall tell that he takes up the majority of the posts in this thread??

go read his posts, he thrives on things like this...multi quotes, calling dudes oout, trying to make people seem less intelligent..

HE DOESNT CARE ABOUT GAY MARRAIGE!! HE ONLY WANTS A REASON TO BASH RELIGION..

i ask yall NT...please dont go down this horrid path a second time...dude sucks the life out of any thread he posts in..all time worse nter..

Back
Top Bottom