You knew it was coming OFFICIAL Dread heads Vs. Wave heads ( dreads>waves)

Cut my locks like 5 years ago, been rocking 360's ever since. I was growing it for like almost 10 years, I do miss my old hair. Females love longhair over 360's almost any day but I seen too many dudes go down in fights because of the long hair took like 5 seconds max and they were on the floor.
grin.gif

I'm sorry I beg to differ with some of you regarding having locks…I have lived and worked in Manhattan, and I've seen so many men in the corporateworld who have always had neat clean locks, wearing suits. Yes I do believe some corporations are biased towards people who have dreads, but there are stillmany open minded individuals and companies who look beyond "looks" and "stereotypes". Not everyone who has dreads, is rasta and smoke gangeand slacks, not everyone is a dread-wearing-little wayne wannabe. Having locks is something that people have been doing for 100s of years…waves…ehhh, whatmaybe the last 60 years?

Arrodney23 since you starting them off you want to get them retwisted every two weeks to make sure they loc depending on your hair it could take a month or twothen you can get them did every 3 weeks just keep getting them retwisted and tell them you want a lot of them in your head for best results, you don't want10 locs in your head LOL. I can say this locs are not for everybody some folks hair don't take to it well (chris bosh) it all depends on your hair mine arethick, it's a lot of them it seem like the thicker the better.

locs> braids any day I can get my locs braided anytime so I'm not missing nothing with braids
Females running their fingers through my hair and playing in it> your waves getting brushed lol

I've only had my locs for like 2 years had 360, had braids I didn't like neither my hair grow too fast so I guess that's the reason for the locsand for my peeps with braids doesn't it hurt when they braid your hair

Job vs. no job.
I say waves win. And yes i just cut my dreads a month ago. Loved them though.

im growing locs and i hate the whole "have to cut them for the corporate world" because hair isnt an indicator of performance

and the phrase"good hair" is ignorance

Originally Posted by IM A HELION

Originally Posted by I R Andre

You must be from DC talking this stupdity.

A fresh cut> your head looking like a shag rug and smelling like a bathmat. Only Jamaicans can pull that off. Regular blacks with dreads look ghetto to me.
That had to be the dumbest +#!$ I've ever seen you post.

lol its true, black men with dreads look ghetto to me. Jamaicans and women look good with them, thats about it. I'm not a fan of all those naps.

A fresh cut> your head looking like a shag rug and smelling like a bathmat. Only Jamaicans can pull that off. Regular blacks with dreads look ghetto to me.

lol its true, black men with dreads look ghetto to me. Jamaicans and women look good with them, thats about it. I'm not a fan of all those naps.
bull $*!$. there are many guys with nice looking dreads that dont look "ghetto"

[Drake] I smirk at a %$@!+ if he still rockin braids, that just let me know that we aint on the same page [/Drake]

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

bammas rock dreads.

waves ftw.

YO!!!!! WHN ARE YOU SHIPPING OUT MY KICKS
mad.gif
????I SENT MINE TO YOU ALONGWITH CASH,,,,,,TRACKING AND YOUR IGNORING MY MESSAGES

I believe you're refering to rastafarian(sp?) locks

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by RatherUniqueB

Originally Posted by saymoregotsole

The proper term is LOCKS. Smh at ppl callin em "dreads" when the term deviates from slave masters calling the hairstyle "dreadful"...know your history esp if you rockin em. I respect locks because they are meant to be a sign of spiritual growth, not just a new trend...just my $.02
THANK YOU!!!
Fashion locks FTL.
the ignorance in threads like these is shameful.
roll.gif

Seriously? It's a haircut, get off your high horses. "Spiritual growth?"
roll.gif
roll.gif
Please.

You clearly don't know MUCH about the Rastafarian culture, you should familiarize yourself first before critiqing.

Dreads are really hard to keep clean and neat looking...so I'd probably have to roll with a dude with a clean cut minus the waves...
as long as its not nappy
pimp.gif
waves don't really impress me.

I guess I'm a bamma and might I say I love being from the south but dreads are not hard to keep clean it's the person for the most part I get mineretwisted twice a month and the ladies love it espcially them northern females

Originally Posted by NostrandAve68

Originally Posted by Joseph Camel Jr

Originally Posted by RatherUniqueB

Originally Posted by saymoregotsole

The proper term is LOCKS. Smh at ppl callin em "dreads" when the term deviates from slave masters calling the hairstyle "dreadful"...know your history esp if you rockin em. I respect locks because they are meant to be a sign of spiritual growth, not just a new trend...just my $.02
THANK YOU!!!
Fashion locks FTL.
the ignorance in threads like these is shameful.
roll.gif

Seriously? It's a haircut, get off your high horses. "Spiritual growth?"
roll.gif
roll.gif
Please.

You clearly don't know MUCH about the Rastafarian culture, you should familiarize yourself first before critiqing.
i dont like it when people say fashion locks ftl. i know whats locks symbolize in a culture but that doesnt mean people who are not apart of thatculture shouldnt have their hair a certain way

Originally Posted by retrourfeet

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

bammas rock dreads.

waves ftw.

YO!!!!! WHN ARE YOU SHIPPING OUT MY KICKS
mad.gif
????I SENT MINE TO YOU ALONG WITH CASH,,,,,,TRACKING AND YOUR IGNORING MY MESSAGES

nerd.gif

Back on topic I have locks
pimp.gif

Cutting your hair to conform to some standard set by the white man FTL

^^^gettin paid in general FTW haha

but yeah If my job didnt demand short hair I would have dreads. Funny thing is that when I had them back in the day people wouldnt understand how the hell Ihad dreads cuz im not black haha

Back
Top Bottom