You knew it was coming OFFICIAL Dread heads Vs. Wave heads ( dreads>waves)

Whichever hairstyle you enjoy is dope, period. I rock my natural hair long; its straight for the most part with just a touch of curl, mad fly. The lord jesusperm ala natural and the ladies love it. God blessed me with beautiful hair that I don't have to do anything to.

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by Young Easy

whats funny is when dreads play out your gonna HAVE to get a haircut, theres no coming back from dreads

Locs can be taken out without cuttin the hair. Just need water and a lot of conditioner
how? dreads are twisted up dead hair. i dont know how you could EVER untangle that. its hard enough tryna take out braids that have been in toolong...

So I haft to be a Jamaican to rock dreads and they haft to be raggedy huh? Man kill that noise you probably came up with the term but not he hair style, and noI'm not with this spirtual growth thing I just like having my hair nappy and not having to comb or brush my hair ..... Or let a chick rip my scalp backputting braids in my head, and what's with the flame on dude son hell you dudes rocking braids will probably go bald before his son

Originally Posted by stayfresh25

^^^ i've seen a lot of white people with dreads...its usually the rocker type or the tree huggers

laugh.gif
I saw a BUNCH of them at a vegan Thai restaurant recently.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by WHPH10

Originally Posted by Senor Fresco

Originally Posted by mrscampbellakasarahlee

It depends on the person, complexion, hair texture, eyes…all that.

But my son he is 3 at the end of the month, has dreads. We started locking them when he was almost 2, and they look so adorable on him. (He is like a little mac already, girls my age be running to him, wanting to hug him….smh.) But everyone that sees him old or young and all races, love his hair, they think it's the cutest thing…

And for the record, he has good quality hair and a very nice complexion, so it works for him (and we are of jamaican background).

Smh, poor kid is gonna be balding in his 20s.

poor kid?! i know you not even trying to disrespect my son...

and how is he going to be balding?! idiot...people have locks all their lives, and i have never seen any of them go bald.
damn ur son gonna look like floyd mayweather sr. fam
roll.gif

medium_floydsr09.jpg

laugh.gif
, In all seriousness though, there is no need for a two year old kid to have locks.
So lemme get this straight....You are telling mrscampbellakasarahlee (a mother) what hairstyles HER son does and doesn't need now? Damn, I've seen it all
smh.gif

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

Originally Posted by Senor Fresco

It depends on the person, complexion, hair texture, eyes…all that.

But my son he is 3 at the end of the month, has dreads. We started locking them when he was almost 2, and they look so adorable on him. (He is like a little mac already, girls my age be running to him, wanting to hug him….smh.) But everyone that sees him old or young and all races, love his hair, they think it's the cutest thing…

And for the record, he has good quality hair and a very nice complexion, so it works for him (and we are of jamaican background).

Smh, poor kid is gonna be balding in his 20s.

poor kid?! i know you not even trying to disrespect my son...

and how is he going to be balding?! idiot...people have locks all their lives, and i have never seen any of them go bald.
damn ur son gonna look like floyd mayweather sr. fam
roll.gif

medium_floydsr09.jpg

laugh.gif
, In all seriousness though, there is no need for a two year old kid to have locks.
So lemme get this straight....You are telling mrscampbellakasarahlee (a mother) what hairstyles HER son does and doesn't need now? Damn, I've seen it all
smh.gif

Word
smh.gif

Originally Posted by eastpointoutlaw

So I haft to be a Jamaican to rock dreads and they haft to be raggedy huh? Man kill that noise you probably came up with the term but not he hair style, and no I'm not with this spirtual growth thing I just like having my hair nappy and not having to comb or brush my hair ..... Or let a chick rip my scalp back putting braids in my head, and what's with the flame on dude girl's son hell you dudes rocking braids will probably go bald before his her son
fixed...
i am a she....but i stopped arguing, no sense in it when dealing with ignorant people when they have their children then come and talk to me about what a childshould and should not have. and for the record, whoever made the comment/flame about my son, keep him out of whatever you post from here on.

my husband and i chose dreadlocks for our son, because my husband he will have it no other way, and to us, it is about keeping it natural (we have never cutour son's hair, and nor do we plan on doing so until he is old enough to tell us to), and its somewhat easy for me because i rather twist than braid. Myson's hair is not being pulled, in no type of way. I only re-twist his hair once a month (and its never tight), he is a toddler, he has no choice rightnow, and we plan on keeping it that way until he is old enough to make that decision on what he would like to do with it.

Originally Posted by eastpointoutlaw

So I haft to be a Jamaican to rock dreads and they haft to be raggedy huh? Man kill that noise you probably came up with the term but not he hair style, and no I'm not with this spirtual growth thing I just like having my hair nappy and not having to comb or brush my hair ..... Or let a chick rip my scalp back putting braids in my head, and what's with the flame on dude girl's son hell you dudes rocking braids will probably go bald before his her son
fixed...
i am a she....but i stopped arguing, no sense in it when dealing with ignorant people when they have their children then come and talk to me about what a child should and should not have. and for the record, whoever made the comment/flame about my son, keep him out of whatever you post from here on.

my husband and i chose dreadlocks for our son, because my husband he will have it no other way, and to us, it is about keeping it natural (we have never cut our son's hair, and nor do we plan on doing so until he is old enough to tell us to), and its somewhat easy for me because i rather twist than braid. My son's hair is not being pulled, in no type of way. I only re-twist his hair once a month (and its never tight), he is a toddler, he has no choice right now, and we plan on keeping it that way until he is old enough to make that decision on what he would like to do with it.
i think that is awesome that your son has dreads...

its your choice now......bt till that boy can talk....its all him
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

whats funny is when dreads play out your gonna HAVE to get a haircut, theres no coming back from dreads

Locs can be taken out without cuttin the hair. Just need water and a lot of conditioner
how? dreads are twisted up dead hair. i dont know how you could EVER untangle that. its hard enough tryna take out braids that have been in too long...

A lot of time and patience. I've seen it done

A two year old boy with dreads...my black people do such strange things for which there is no reasonable explanation.

how? dreads are twisted up dead hair. i dont know how you could EVER untangle that. its hard enough tryna take out braids that have been in too long...

A lot of time and patience. I've seen it done

My cousin had dread locks, and she combed them out out, and I bet it wasn't comfortable.
And btw, everyone's hair is dead, not just dreads.

Originally Posted by I R Andre

A two year old boy with dreads...my black people do such strange things for which there is no reasonable explanation.

your ignorance is through the roof in this thread--why you even bother posting in it? Reasonable explanation? SHE THINKS IT LOOKS CUTE! End of story

Anyways, I think that isn't ignorant compared to two year olds wit' kool-aid and soda in bottles, two year olds that have 30 pairs of shoes, or twoyear olds with rotten teeth. How your teeth rotten, YOU JUST GOT 'EM!?
smh.gif
smh.gif

Waves>>>Dreads (repost since they're two threads) Indian Hemp FTW!
pimp.gif

Still fine tuning them tho but the foundation is set.

29lbjgn.jpg

ifmqad.jpg

2up69p4.jpg

2sb51rn.jpg

25r1glf.jpg

Originally Posted by I R Andre

another ignorant comment...what makes it so STRANGE....and what (reasonable or not) explanation are you looking for? What to satisfy what societythink is acceptable? whether my son has dreads, a fade, braids, bald, whatever is not your concern, nor anyone else's, get over it!

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

Originally Posted by cjspida619

Originally Posted by oXo yzarc oXo

im saying even dreadlocks aka american dreads are just not cool, nor do they look good, if you dread why does it look so organized ... thats not the point. i dont know im jamaican and dont see how these cats come with perfect lookin dreads trynna act like theyre doing somethin ... just feels phony, wannabe, like a white guy with an afro ... yea he has it, but it looks wrong. no offense intended, just an example.
QFT
Jew Fro?

Ceaser FTW no waves
pimp.gif

boys w/waves act like females on some "don't touch my hair" type stuff...i like to be able to run my hands over it w/out getting yelled at...

I never got this, if a female wanted to feel it I always would let them.

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Waves>>>Dreads (repost since they're two threads) Indian Hemp FTW!
pimp.gif

Still fine tuning them tho but the foundation is set.

29lbjgn.jpg

ifmqad.jpg

2up69p4.jpg

2sb51rn.jpg

25r1glf.jpg

Nice waves, but damn man I can see you scalp maybe it's the pics but it's like you will be going bald in the center of your head in a few years LOL

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

Originally Posted by NoSlickRemarks

Originally Posted by cjspida619

Originally Posted by oXo yzarc oXo

im saying even dreadlocks aka american dreads are just not cool, nor do they look good, if you dread why does it look so organized ... thats not the point. i dont know im jamaican and dont see how these cats come with perfect lookin dreads trynna act like theyre doing somethin ... just feels phony, wannabe, like a white guy with an afro ... yea he has it, but it looks wrong. no offense intended, just an example.
QFT
Jew Fro?

Ceaser FTW no waves
pimp.gif

boys w/waves act like females on some "don't touch my hair" type stuff...i like to be able to run my hands over it w/out getting yelled at...

I never got this, if a female wanted to feel it I always would let them.
laugh.gif
Word, I never understood the assumption that just becausewe got wavy hair we act all up tight about it

Back
Top Bottom