You knew it was coming OFFICIAL Dread heads Vs. Wave heads ( dreads>waves)

Dreads are played...i remember going out and being like one out of 10 people who had them....now, it seems like 5 out of 10 have em...

PLAYED!

Originally Posted by saymoregotsole

The proper term is LOCKS. Smh at ppl callin em "dreads" when the term deviates from slave masters calling the hairstyle "dreadful"...know your history esp if you rockin em. I respect locks because they are meant to be a sign of spiritual growth, not just a new trend...just my $.02
One of my co-workers said the same thing.

Dont include locks into Fashion... only a wolf in sheep's clothing has locks for fashion....

In the Bible, God commanded that the disciples that walked with God, "NEVER PUT A RAZOR TO YOUR HEAD."

Dread locks/locs are a spiritual connection with God, or your inner self throught your walk with Jesus. It's self humbling if you will. U give up thebeauty of having a a comb, and styling your hair to get closer with your true inner being.

AND I AM AGNOSTIC

but I do adapt some Rastafari traditions/beliefs.
350551634.jpg

Originally Posted by Zeus23

Dont include locks into Fashion... only a wolf in sheep's clothing has locks for fashion....

In the Bible, God commanded that the disciples that walked with God, "NEVER PUT A RAZOR TO YOUR HEAD."

Dread locks/locs are a spiritual connection with God, or your inner self throught your walk with Jesus. It's self humbling if you will. U give up the beauty of having a a comb, and styling your hair to get closer with your true inner being.

AND I AM AGNOSTIC

350551634.jpg

Yeah those are piff how long you had them

Originally Posted by I R Andre

You must be from DC talking this stupdity.

A fresh cut> your head looking like a shag rug and smelling like a bathmat. Only Jamaicans can pull that off. Regular blacks with dreads look ghetto to me.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dread locks/locs are a spiritual connection with God, or your inner self throught your walk with Jesus. It's self humbling if you will. U give up the beauty of having a a comb, and styling your hair to get closer with your true inner being.

AND I AM AGNOSTIC

350551634.jpg
you've come a long way from the swag list I see
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

This look suits you WAAAY better than the braids.

To get some female representation--
2hxvr50.jpg

this is how i keep my hair long top and keep tapering the sides and back, but lately i haven't touched it, thinking about braids or locks still undecidedbut this thread came just in time!

Keep them pics coming would post mine but computer down so I'm stuck on my phone but you can check mine e out on my avy

AND I AM AGNOSTIC

350551634.jpg

Ha. Imagine this cat tryna kick it my rastafarian dudes.
laugh.gif
"slewdem"

Originally Posted by mrscampbellakasarahlee

Originally Posted by WHPH10

Originally Posted by mrscampbellakasarahlee

It depends on the person, complexion, hair texture, eyes…all that.

But my son he is 3 at the end of the month, has dreads. We started locking them when he was almost 2, and they look so adorable on him. (He is like a little mac already, girls my age be running to him, wanting to hug him….smh.) But everyone that sees him old or young and all races, love his hair, they think it's the cutest thing…

And for the record, he has good quality hair and a very nice complexion, so it works for him (and we are of jamaican background).

Smh, poor kid is gonna be balding in his 20s.

poor kid?! i know you not even trying to disrespect my son...

and how is he going to be balding?! idiot...people have locks all their lives, and i have never seen any of them go bald.
he's probably talking about traction alopecia, i've seen some people that have had it from them. guess it depends on the person.

i had started locs but my hair is too curly so it would take forever or them to actually lock up.

Originally Posted by derryj3

Originally Posted by Executive76

laugh.gif
Paying yourself FTW

NO ONE will pay you like you pay yourself or what you're worth
indifferent.gif

I love how certain people think everyone can be their own boss. You obviously have no idea of business. You gotta play to your strengths.

Cant cosign this enough.

Originally Posted by FreshOne12

this is how i keep my hair long top and keep tapering the sides and back, but lately i haven't touched it, thinking about braids or locks still undecided but this thread came just in time!

You got that Webbie cut but I dont think locks would look right with you

Back
Top Bottom