You knew it was coming OFFICIAL Dread heads Vs. Wave heads ( dreads>waves)

i'm from Flatbush BK...where cats have both...

chicks dont mind either....but cats with dreads got a sigma about em....

ask a chick...NH

Waves for me...

Pmsn man everyone has there opinion I'm not mad at all it's words man how would you know I'm mad but any ways airmissionretro im in Fulton southfulton be exact, but the S.W.A.T.S is where it's at.

Excuse my grammer errors I'm on the iPhone

I'm officially starting my dreads on Saturday. Any tips on keeping them clean until they lock?

Originally Posted by I R Andre

You must be from DC talking this stupdity.

A fresh cut> your head looking like a shag rug and smelling like a bathmat. Only Jamaicans can pull that off. Regular blacks with dreads look ghetto to me.
wow
the ignorance never ends on NT
smh.gif

Originally Posted by saymoregotsole

The proper term is LOCKS. Smh at ppl callin em "dreads" when the term deviates from slave masters calling the hairstyle "dreadful"...know your history esp if you rockin em. I respect locks because they are meant to be a sign of spiritual growth, not just a new trend...just my $.02
THANK YOU!!!
Fashion locks FTL.
the ignorance in threads like these is shameful.

It depends on the person, complexion, hair texture, eyes…all that.

But my son he is 3 at the end of the month, has dreads. We started locking them when he was almost 2, and they look so adorable on him. (He is like a littlemac already, girls my age be running to him, wanting to hug him….smh.) But everyone that sees him old or young and all races, love his hair, they thinkit's the cutest thing…

And for the record, he has good quality hair and a very nice complexion, so it works for him (and we are of jamaican background).

As soon as I read the threat title I knew OP had to be from Atlanta. (im in Decatur)
Back in 03 when I bought the Bob Marley Legend album, I started to lock my hair up, and then I stopped smoking weed and started looking what I consideredpresentable. I had the foresight to see this now current wave of thousands of young blacks with locks....and I didnt wanna fit the mold.

Im just very aware of how people perceive certain people and I prefer to give off another impression.

We already black in America, why add another strike? Im business minded and my preferences are curbed toward that area ofcourse....you dont see white dudeswith Mohawks running the bank.

If you are an entertainer or athlete, than fine, cool, nothing wrong with expression, but AT Least in my field, Im not accepting dudes walking around with allthat extra hair.

even if its part of the rasta culture, TO ME thats a cop out, cause im pretty much a racist. Yamakas(sp, you know them jewish caps) Turbans, Dots on theforehead, whatever the case....I dont see it necessary for EVERY situation.

Originally Posted by RatherUniqueB

The proper term is LOCKS. Smh at ppl callin em "dreads" when the term deviates from slave masters calling the hairstyle "dreadful"...know your history esp if you rockin em. I respect locks because they are meant to be a sign of spiritual growth, not just a new trend...just my $.02
THANK YOU!!!
Fashion locks FTL.
Everyone here seems to be on locks for the fashion. I've had mine since I was 8, and at 8 years old, you don't have a sense of fashion. Ieven chose to grow, not my mom or someone else.
If you wear dreadlocks, they should be meaningful, thats why I keep mine.

braids >> dreadlocks

braids are more versitile and girl love doing intricate designs with braids...dreads look like and usually smell horrible...

Originally Posted by RatherUniqueB

THANK YOU!!!
Fashion locks FTL.
roll.gif

Seriously? It's a haircut, get off your high horses. "Spiritual growth?"
roll.gif
roll.gif
Please.

The 360s will never die...when you holla at ur chick wit the mop on top she sees me take my new era off..then proceeds to ask me can she touch them.. 360FTW...U loooooooooooooooooose..U loooooooooooooooooose..

The 360s will never die...when you holla at ur chick wit the mop on top she sees me take my new era off..then proceeds to ask me can she touch them.. 360FTW...U loooooooooooooooooose..U loooooooooooooooooose..

I've had waves my whole life. Its nothing better than a fresh cut and you have waves.

Can you even go on a corporate job interview with dreads?

Dreads with a suit= HORRIBLE

Fresh cut with waves and a suit= FTW

Back
Top Bottom