Wrestling Thread July 11-17 | 7/17 WWE Money in the Bank - Punk Beats Cena, Leaves With WWE Title

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

If Christan wins, will anyone give a damb? The feud seems to have no interest here.

I want to care about this, and I'll mark if Christian does win, but WWE *#!$$! up what was a great story.

vincerydersign.jpg

The titantron says it all
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

If Christan wins, will anyone give a damb? The feud seems to have no interest here.

I want to care about this, and I'll mark if Christian does win, but WWE *#!$$! up what was a great story.

vincerydersign.jpg

The titantron says it all
frown.gif

They really should have the truth start rap dissing the city crowds again,.that vid had me.rolling

They really should have the truth start rap dissing the city crowds again,.that vid had me.rolling

Just got home and haven't watched RAW yet, but ...

- theDEEK has has yet to reveal who the girl in his avy is and it "may cost him some points backstage" according to a source.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I don't think I've ever told anyone who pm'd me about the girl in my avy who she is.
laugh.gif

Just got home and haven't watched RAW yet, but ...

- theDEEK has has yet to reveal who the girl in his avy is and it "may cost him some points backstage" according to a source.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I don't think I've ever told anyone who pm'd me about the girl in my avy who she is.
laugh.gif

for anybody who missed it...

Damn shame they didn't sign all of them, especially since they just cut 3 off the roster

and
roll.gif
@ the cat scratch move

for anybody who missed it...

Damn shame they didn't sign all of them, especially since they just cut 3 off the roster

and
roll.gif
@ the cat scratch move

Impact Spoilers for Thursday
Spoiler [+]
Show opened with an in-ring celebration with Immortal and Mr. Anderson celebrating their new union.  In the middle of this Sting came out and cornered Eric Bischoff, asking him if he wanted to make a bet on who was leaving the show with the title.  Sting said he had friends to combat Immortal, with four people dressed as clowns in the rafters.
Bobby Roode won a three-way over Samoa Joe and The Pope in a Bound for Glory series.  Joe had Roode in the choke but leaned back and pinned himself.  Joe went crazy that Earl Hebner counted him down.

Austin Aries b Shannon Moore

Tara b Madison Rayne.  Tara had a present for Rayne.  She opened it and it was a tarantula.  She was scared and got pinned.

Kurt Angle did a promo saying he would face the Sting vs. Anderson winner at Hardcore Justice. 

Hernandez & Anarquia b British Invasion in a match to determine who gets the next tag title shot at Beer Money. 

Sting b Mr. Anderson.  Sting used the mic check and Anderson used the scorpion deathlock so they used each other's big move.  Ref bump. Bull Ray came out but the lights went out and a clown hit Ray and Anderson with a bat and ran off.  Sting used the scorpion death drop for the pin.

Impact Spoilers for Thursday
Spoiler [+]
Show opened with an in-ring celebration with Immortal and Mr. Anderson celebrating their new union.  In the middle of this Sting came out and cornered Eric Bischoff, asking him if he wanted to make a bet on who was leaving the show with the title.  Sting said he had friends to combat Immortal, with four people dressed as clowns in the rafters.
Bobby Roode won a three-way over Samoa Joe and The Pope in a Bound for Glory series.  Joe had Roode in the choke but leaned back and pinned himself.  Joe went crazy that Earl Hebner counted him down.

Austin Aries b Shannon Moore

Tara b Madison Rayne.  Tara had a present for Rayne.  She opened it and it was a tarantula.  She was scared and got pinned.

Kurt Angle did a promo saying he would face the Sting vs. Anderson winner at Hardcore Justice. 

Hernandez & Anarquia b British Invasion in a match to determine who gets the next tag title shot at Beer Money. 

Sting b Mr. Anderson.  Sting used the mic check and Anderson used the scorpion deathlock so they used each other's big move.  Ref bump. Bull Ray came out but the lights went out and a clown hit Ray and Anderson with a bat and ran off.  Sting used the scorpion death drop for the pin.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Another thing, did anybody notice how much shine/attention Shelton Benjamin got during the MITB hilights?

I noticed that too, but I just think that is because he was in every MITB and did some amazing spots over the years.  He is under contract to ROH, so he's not coming back anytime in the immediate future.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Another thing, did anybody notice how much shine/attention Shelton Benjamin got during the MITB hilights?

I noticed that too, but I just think that is because he was in every MITB and did some amazing spots over the years.  He is under contract to ROH, so he's not coming back anytime in the immediate future.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

For those complaining, what would make you happy?  Punk's promos are such a welcomed change from the normal crap we get every week/month/year, if you don't like that and you don't like this, what exactly do you want?

i would have liked for him NOT to play for the crowd and the cheap pop (and rather have him continue to act like %+*! was real life) BUT if vince does swerve everyone on sunday and helps punk win, the segment will serve its purpose. And thats to make it seem even for just one night that punk was turning face.

having cena come out prevented punk from signing and getting his demands and most importantly keeps the mystery for whats going to happen on sunday, ie punk wins and leaves with the title, cena fired, vince screws cena and helps punk win, or cena wins. keeps people guessing

I think tonight confirms punk will win the title on a vince swerve.

no way punk loses in his own backyard.

but as for tonight didnt like the way punk came out and turned on the face charm and getting the crowd behind him when he basically took a big dump on them in the infamous promo a week ago.. seemed way too cheesy and mechanical.

There has been a lot of talk of doing a double turn with Punk and Cena.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

For those complaining, what would make you happy?  Punk's promos are such a welcomed change from the normal crap we get every week/month/year, if you don't like that and you don't like this, what exactly do you want?

i would have liked for him NOT to play for the crowd and the cheap pop (and rather have him continue to act like %+*! was real life) BUT if vince does swerve everyone on sunday and helps punk win, the segment will serve its purpose. And thats to make it seem even for just one night that punk was turning face.

having cena come out prevented punk from signing and getting his demands and most importantly keeps the mystery for whats going to happen on sunday, ie punk wins and leaves with the title, cena fired, vince screws cena and helps punk win, or cena wins. keeps people guessing

I think tonight confirms punk will win the title on a vince swerve.

no way punk loses in his own backyard.

but as for tonight didnt like the way punk came out and turned on the face charm and getting the crowd behind him when he basically took a big dump on them in the infamous promo a week ago.. seemed way too cheesy and mechanical.

There has been a lot of talk of doing a double turn with Punk and Cena.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Uh oh. Mattel going to be upset.

Yeah, I'm interested to see how this plays out.  Storylines are still relatively PG, but there has been a lot more cursing on recent WWE TV.  Plus like I said, Kelly Kelly's outfit was pretty skimpy tonight.   I said it last night, but Punk seems like this generation's Stone Cold Steve Austin.  We'll see if WWE is trying to create another Attitude Era.
But I've also said this 1000 times.  PG13 does not equal entertaining television.  Good storylines create entertaining television, regardless of the language and subjects being used.

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

Uh oh. Mattel going to be upset.

Yeah, I'm interested to see how this plays out.  Storylines are still relatively PG, but there has been a lot more cursing on recent WWE TV.  Plus like I said, Kelly Kelly's outfit was pretty skimpy tonight.   I said it last night, but Punk seems like this generation's Stone Cold Steve Austin.  We'll see if WWE is trying to create another Attitude Era.
But I've also said this 1000 times.  PG13 does not equal entertaining television.  Good storylines create entertaining television, regardless of the language and subjects being used.

It's gotta be a double turn, Vince comes out to help Cena win and he becomes the 'Corporate Champ' and the biggest heel in history...

It's gotta be a double turn, Vince comes out to help Cena win and he becomes the 'Corporate Champ' and the biggest heel in history...

I am loving how the E has us all going back on different storylines.

I think Cena being Heel will happen when they someone that will get them the money Cena does. (Maybe that is what they are doing with Punk and like 4w said, Attitude era SCSA type). I just have this hunch from last night that the storyline is Cena/Punk joining together.

Punk wins, comes to monday night raw to say he signed a contract and has VKM come out. Asks Vince when Cena is coming back and he says he is not. Punk throws fit because he respects cena and threatens to leave the company.

I think the amount of people who want Cena heel need to quit it. How do you know if you will like a heel Cena??? does that change his three moves in the ring since he is heel???? I just do not get it. let him be the "kid" character and leave it be.

I am loving how the E has us all going back on different storylines.

I think Cena being Heel will happen when they someone that will get them the money Cena does. (Maybe that is what they are doing with Punk and like 4w said, Attitude era SCSA type). I just have this hunch from last night that the storyline is Cena/Punk joining together.

Punk wins, comes to monday night raw to say he signed a contract and has VKM come out. Asks Vince when Cena is coming back and he says he is not. Punk throws fit because he respects cena and threatens to leave the company.

I think the amount of people who want Cena heel need to quit it. How do you know if you will like a heel Cena??? does that change his three moves in the ring since he is heel???? I just do not get it. let him be the "kid" character and leave it be.

Back
Top Bottom