Wrestling Thread July 11-17 | 7/17 WWE Money in the Bank - Punk Beats Cena, Leaves With WWE Title

100PROOF wrote:
for anybody who missed it...

Damn shame they didn't sign all of them, especially since they just cut 3 off the roster

and
roll.gif
@ the cat scratch move

wow that was nice. a damn shame impact wrestling cant just have the x division wrestle all their shows and leave the crap off

100PROOF wrote:
for anybody who missed it...

Damn shame they didn't sign all of them, especially since they just cut 3 off the roster

and
roll.gif
@ the cat scratch move

wow that was nice. a damn shame impact wrestling cant just have the x division wrestle all their shows and leave the crap off

Raw was terrible last night and there's no way around that.

The Punk promos were the highlight.

30t6p3b.gif
My dad is a Cena fan.

Raw was terrible last night and there's no way around that.

The Punk promos were the highlight.

30t6p3b.gif
My dad is a Cena fan.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

smh now he cares...

go away
you mad cuz i speak the truth
laugh.gif
got punk out there sounding like cena and NOW you guys like it...

punk went from telling his fans they are the worst to actually caring about them
laugh.gif

hypocrites

And here is the biggest thing. Regardless of whether Punk is heel or face, he does NOT sound like Cena.  Cena's delivery is so robotic and unrealistic.  It's clear he's reciting a script because no one uses the language he does.  On the other hand, you actually believe every word CM Punk is saying.  It doesn't sound like he's reading off a script.  It sounds like he's speaking directly to the fans, expressing their feelings.  People can connect and identify with him.  Just like people could connect with Austin as the person standing up to a boss they hated.

smh now he cares...

go away
you mad cuz i speak the truth
laugh.gif
got punk out there sounding like cena and NOW you guys like it...

punk went from telling his fans they are the worst to actually caring about them
laugh.gif

hypocrites

And here is the biggest thing. Regardless of whether Punk is heel or face, he does NOT sound like Cena.  Cena's delivery is so robotic and unrealistic.  It's clear he's reciting a script because no one uses the language he does.  On the other hand, you actually believe every word CM Punk is saying.  It doesn't sound like he's reading off a script.  It sounds like he's speaking directly to the fans, expressing their feelings.  People can connect and identify with him.  Just like people could connect with Austin as the person standing up to a boss they hated.

^ but it sounds so fake because just a week ago he was trashing the fans. now all of a sudden hes trying to have them get behind him and speak for them. thats why it sounded so ridiculous.

as for turning cena heel and punk face thats not going to work. although the smart wrestling fan will buy punk as the good guy the kids wont buy into it. and in the wwe its all about the kids and their parents money.

i think the guy up there saying cena and punk teaming up might be on to something though...

^ but it sounds so fake because just a week ago he was trashing the fans. now all of a sudden hes trying to have them get behind him and speak for them. thats why it sounded so ridiculous.

as for turning cena heel and punk face thats not going to work. although the smart wrestling fan will buy punk as the good guy the kids wont buy into it. and in the wwe its all about the kids and their parents money.

i think the guy up there saying cena and punk teaming up might be on to something though...

^ eh. whatever, man. it's WWE you should expect that but the point is Punk has been GREAT lately

^ eh. whatever, man. it's WWE you should expect that but the point is Punk has been GREAT lately

Last week Meltzer said he thought they were going in the direction of Punk and Cena teaming up.  I didn't buy it at the time, but it seems like it's becoming more of a possibility.
I think two weeks ago Punk trashed the fans because they were starting to get behind him even though it was meant to be a heel promo.  However, that was only a minor part of the promo two weeks ago.  It was more about trashing everything that is wrong today in WWE, and by doing that, he really has been speaking for the fans the whole time.  Everything Punk said was exactly what we have been saying for years.

He continued that last night.  He again pointed out the crap that WWE has/is doing, how Vince doesn't have an eye for talent in 2011, how WWE is full of yes men, etc etc.  It was inevitable that fans would start cheering Punk, especially in a smart city like Boston (ugh, I hate complimenting Boston).  And the bottom line is, Punk is going to be a HUGE babyface this Sunday night, so just roll with it.

Last week Meltzer said he thought they were going in the direction of Punk and Cena teaming up.  I didn't buy it at the time, but it seems like it's becoming more of a possibility.
I think two weeks ago Punk trashed the fans because they were starting to get behind him even though it was meant to be a heel promo.  However, that was only a minor part of the promo two weeks ago.  It was more about trashing everything that is wrong today in WWE, and by doing that, he really has been speaking for the fans the whole time.  Everything Punk said was exactly what we have been saying for years.

He continued that last night.  He again pointed out the crap that WWE has/is doing, how Vince doesn't have an eye for talent in 2011, how WWE is full of yes men, etc etc.  It was inevitable that fans would start cheering Punk, especially in a smart city like Boston (ugh, I hate complimenting Boston).  And the bottom line is, Punk is going to be a HUGE babyface this Sunday night, so just roll with it.

Originally Posted by hombrelobo

Originally Posted by ShaunHillFTW49

If Christan wins, will anyone give a damb? The feud seems to have no interest here.

I want to care about this, and I'll mark if Christian does win, but WWE *#!$$! up what was a great story.

vincerydersign.jpg

The titantron says it all
frown.gif

laugh.gif
indeed no chance in hell
frown.gif

If Christan wins, will anyone give a damb? The feud seems to have no interest here.

I want to care about this, and I'll mark if Christian does win, but WWE *#!$$! up what was a great story.

vincerydersign.jpg

frown.gif

laugh.gif
indeed no chance in hell
frown.gif

vincerydersign.jpg

frown.gif

laugh.gif
indeed no chance in hell
frown.gif

vincerydersign.jpg

frown.gif

laugh.gif
indeed no chance in hell
frown.gif

Originally Posted by toine2983

Originally Posted by Club 27

jesus....i cant believe this company just gamed me into a non-Wrestlemania PPV buy
30t6p3b.gif

I like how in the last segment when Punk talked about Cena's father and wife (is he really married?) he did nothing but when he compared him to the Yankees Cena punched him.
laugh.gif

eyes.gif
Yes, Cena is married.

jesus....i cant believe this company just gamed me into a non-Wrestlemania PPV buy
30t6p3b.gif

I like how in the last segment when Punk talked about Cena's father and wife (is he really married?) he did nothing but when he compared him to the Yankees Cena punched him.
laugh.gif

eyes.gif
Yes, Cena is married.

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

eyes.gif
Yes, Cena is married.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]i LOVE how with everything said.... it was the Yankees that really set him off.... [/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] [/color]
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]cena is so annoying.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]looking forward to friday and sunday... chicago is gonna tear cena apart.[/color]

30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

eyes.gif
Yes, Cena is married.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]i LOVE how with everything said.... it was the Yankees that really set him off.... [/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)] [/color]
laugh.gif

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]cena is so annoying.[/color]
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]looking forward to friday and sunday... chicago is gonna tear cena apart.[/color]

Back
Top Bottom