Williams: I'm The Best Point Guard In The League

sure hes the best when chris paul is injured... chris paul still the best when healthy imo... and rose an rondo coming for that second spot... but dwill got it on lock for now

I wouldn't mind having either CP3 or D-Will on my team but I would have to agree with D-Will that he's the best right now.

Originally Posted by Billy Hoyle

hes always been better than CP3 IMO

laugh.gif

Remember what happened when Wade was injured? CP getting the same treatment. Derons been the best in the playoffs so far but you can't take the crown for the best when the person who has it is injured.

I can't even hate on Deron for believing he's the best. 

Even when CP3 is healthy, I'm going to say that DW is prolly still the best overall pg based on the fact that Deron can actually defend.  CP3 kinda plays that AI style defense. 

Top 3 prolly goes like this: 1a DW 1b CP3 2 Steve Nash

But these guy's top 3 spots are in jeopardy. 

I'm not going to argue anything else except for the consensus that Rose is actually a small 2 guard.  He plays like he does because he is the best scorer on his team.  In fact, I think sometimes he passes the ball too much.  Sometimes when he drives and kicks out, sometimes I feel like it woulda been a better result if he just went up with it
tired.gif

Thinking about it more, despite the playoffs this season, I'll have to keep Paul at 1 and Deron at 2.

CP3 is still the best point guard in the league, with Deron at a very close second.  I don't recall Deron getting any MVP consideration ever, Chris Paul has.  People in sports really do have short-term memory. 

i agree. i've been saying this for a long time. i prefer a more physical pg like a deron williams/jason kidd, than a smaller one. they are missing two of their starters and still doing work on the nuggets. deron is such a nightmare for all point guards in the league. he consistently abuses cp3 in head to head match ups.

D Will is that dude. When you can beast Billups on a nightly basis, you deserve what is coming for you.........Westbrook and Rose will become a problem real fast

All you people saying "hes always been better than CP3" where were you when I would argue with KLJ?

I'm saying though
laugh.gif
. This arguement was extrememly one sided towards CP3 before he got hurt. Everyone sayin' "oh I've always thought..." no you haven't (this doesn't apply to all of you, but most of you were GHOST or pro CP3 before the playoffs). NT has a new flavor of the month. Wait until CP3 comes back and he reverts back to his old self, everyone's gonna say "oh I've always thought CP3 was better!".

Dudes really saying Deron > Paul and its been like that for a while?

laugh.gif

Even the stats don't help Deron in this case.

He's real good with a good team/coach, but outside of beat my cursed Rockets twice, hasn't really done anything of value postseason to put him > Paul.

I'll take Paul > Williams. Their spots aren't gonna be replaced for a few years at least.

People act like Deron just became nice...Dude led his team to the Western Conference finals 3 years ago in his second year in the league
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

All you people saying "hes always been better than CP3" where were you when I would argue with KLJ?

I'm saying though
laugh.gif
. This arguement was extrememly one sided towards CP3 before he got hurt. Everyone sayin' "oh I've always thought..." no you haven't (this doesn't apply to all of you, but most of you were GHOST or pro CP3 before the playoffs). NT has a new flavor of the month. Wait until CP3 comes back and he reverts back to his old self, everyone's gonna say "oh I've always thought CP3 was better!".

Exactly.
laugh.gif

Best post in this thread. It really wasn't even close until Chris Paul got hurt.

^And Tim Duncan won a championship his 2nd year. It's not about whether he's nice or not, just about everyone agrees he's top 2 or 3.

It's about who's better, and that's on some apples and oranges #%+#. D-Will is a combo guard. He's bigger than most point guards and proves it by bullying them, but CP3 is quicker than he is, and his strength matched with his size makes him real hard to defend and deal with. After that it comes down to teammates and coaching. The Jazz are the most disciplined and well-coached team in the league. It's built for a guard to kill it.

The Hornets aren't.

I think everyone wants to be a shooting guard. And that's what D-Will is most of the time. But as far as running the point. If Utah had a real backup PG, it'd be easier to see how good their players run that system.

When all else fails, look at the Olympics. Deron and CP3 were on the floor at the same time. When it came down the stretch, the ball was in CP3s hands. The same as when it came down the stretch LeBron gave the ball to Kobe.

The thing that sways me to Deron is that he punks CP3 whenever they go head to head. If they both equally put their stamps on the game then you could go either way but they really dont when they face off. But both tremendous as well as Nashty.... D-Fish anybody??? haha

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

People act like Deron just became nice...Dude led his team to the Western Conference finals 3 years ago in his second year in the league
laugh.gif
Carlos Boozer was the best player on the Jazz that season and in the playoffs. Word to seeing Boozer destroy the Rockets in the first round. SMH @ the Mavs getting bounced in the first round and the Jazz facing the Warriors in the second round. Hence, the Western Conference appearance... With the Spurs easily winning 4-1.

But Deron been nice.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

laugh.gif
Carlos Boozer was the best player on the Jazz that season and in the playoffs. Word to seeing Boozer destroy the Rockets in the first round. SMH @ the Mavs getting bounced in the first round and the Jazz facing the Warriors in the second round. Hence, the Western Conference appearance... With the Spurs easily winning 4-1.

But Deron been nice.
happy.gif
I'm saying.
laugh.gif

The Mavs messed up the entire flow of the playoffs by losing. Jazz basically got a bye period.
laugh.gif

He better stop gassing himself before he messes around and loses this FIRST ROUND series.

I was going to call it last night. 'BET he loses the game tonight now,' but I completely forgot.

I don't get why dudes gas theirselves when they're at the brink of accomplishing something so minor as a first round series victory. Up 3-1 in the series, right before game 5, you want to talk about how you're the best PG in the league? That conversation been on your mind so much you couldn't wait 'till something like... maybe hoisting a championship trophy?

And I know I'm sounding like I'm going hard on him, but I'm really not. I'm just, it's another example. When I first read the title, before even clicking the thread, I thought 'Welp, Nuggets win tonight. Bet the house.'

Back
Top Bottom