Washington Heights man arrested for terror plot vol. Ninjahood is banned!!!!

I'm not even familiar with what ignorant / stereotypical term he wrote.  I read it and then saw a few people mad.

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

I reported ninjahood. He's a known racist. I'm not gonna let him slide with another racist comment. You shouldn't either.

You came into a thread where people were having laughs at his expense, then threw the first stone when he laughed it off and tried to make a joke. I would say that is a double standard.

Originally Posted by 81KB

LMAO at dudes really getting emotional over hood getting suspended.it's only Niketalk it's not like he's going to the bing.sheeesh
Dudes tryna' pay him last visits and !#*+
laugh.gif

I just went to the first page and
roll.gif
is Meth serious!!?...I mean he really gonna sit her and tell me that he doesn't read posts unless they are reported and if they are not reported they are not breaking any rule???!!...nearly every post in the first page is breaking the rules one way or another....c'mon fam, I know you are gonna run this place however you like and we are free to leave, I mean that's really your reasoning everytime someone speaks out, but be serious and keep things 100%

steezy

i got banned the same way.

i made a post about baseball and got flamed for like 8 pages.

i responded inappropriately on the 9th page and was reported.

i asked meth why wasnt everyone reported, plus a mod was in the post telling the other people to chill out and i wasnt banned by someone who read the context of the post

and he said he didnt care, if i wanted him to review the other people's posts i have to report it myself

which i did

which nothing happened from

LMAO

Originally Posted by iloveapple

i got banned once for saying "who cares" in the happy bday dirtylicious thread
grin.gif

You're pretty much asking to get banned at that point.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by iYen

grin.gif

laugh.gif
damn I hope dirty or meth don't notice that crappy p.s. I did in the dirtylicious marriage thread.  It was all jokes.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

Originally Posted by JD214

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

He's suspended, why are you guys so sad? He'll be gone for like a week. I've gotten suspended like four times. Not that srs.

Aren't suspensions 30 days?

or are there different types of suspensions?

i think there's 1 week suspensions, 2 week suspensions, and 30 day suspensions.  i've gotten each one of those smh
laugh.gif

++*! you guys have it easy nowadays
laugh.gif
back in days on niketalk there were no suspensions only bans. you were one and done. your name was dunzo.
laugh.gif

It took me YEARS of good behavior to get my name back 
laugh.gif

and sheesh this thread is starting to become a bunch of dudes crying about how the rules are enforced. hate to beat a dead horse but if you dont like it make your own board. if you choose to stay then deal with the punishment. afterall its just the internet.... 

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

Originally Posted by iYen

grin.gif

laugh.gif
damn I hope dirty or meth don't notice that crappy p.s. I did in the dirtylicious marriage thread.  It was all jokes.

I don't think you have to worry. Dude got banned for trolling, not for just saying "who cares".

Originally Posted by ksteezy

roll.gif
is Meth serious!!?...I mean he really gonna sit her and tell me that he doesn't read posts unless they are reported and if they are not reported they are not breaking any rule???!!...nearly every post in the first page is breaking the rules one way or another....c'mon fam, I know you are gonna run this place however you like and we are free to leave, I mean that's really your reasoning everytime someone speaks out, but be serious and keep things 100%

this is why i feel the admins should read the recent posts of the persons that are reporting others.  aside from situations where stuff is straight one sided and blatant, it will show that the reporting party is just as bad if not worse the majority of the time.  i'm pretty certain alot of problems would be avoided if the people breaking rules and provoking others only to report them when they get the reaction they wanted got dealt with too.

on a serious note though,  who really takes the time out of their day to report someone off of something said off the internet?  i could see if they personally attacked you for no reason or said something racially offensive or what not  but aside from that the majority of the things that are reported are rediculous.   like i said before i got suspended  for partial profanity in a situation where i didn't say anything bad to anyone or at anyone at all.  I broke a rule on the board though and i have no hard feelings towards meth for doing his job and punishing me for it,   however i must've pissed off a random niketalker member that decided to look for anything to report me for, as i got suspended for that post 2 months after it was made.

Originally Posted by polorico

Come on guys , we all know the mods give certain people the G pass , and axe other guys who stand up for them selfs.

I know ninjahood personally dude is a good guy , comes from a good family ...... Dude is not disrespectful to anyone in anyway....

The Middle eastern people are cool with being called that ....... Its like there version of papi , or mami ......
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
at my dude from the hood being banned.

But dudes do cut on spanish people in here alot , and nothing is done . But if you cut on a Black ,or and Asian you gonna get that Axe.......

Like i said earlier i aint really co sign the mods of late...... You got a small group of people who do what they want , while some mods look for reasons to axe people due to
personal beefs that go years back...... Word to me and a certain admin .

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif

Yeah its true

So its against the rules to say who cares ? , yet dudes violate all the time . If you on a mods dislike list they gonna over look everything and just take you out.

I would love to meet some of these NT'ers in rel life to ask where some of their logic comes from ...

wait i thought people just said "Reported" for lulz, didn't even know the mods would take that seriously or that people actually did it.

i had a simple post in this very thread stating:
"Who watches the watchmen? and "who's moderating the moderators"  with a "free ninja hood" thrown in for good measure..

post got deleted and is nowhere to be found...

this is worst than the Syrian government

this is complete and utter bollocks!

Originally Posted by quik1987

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

I reported ninjahood. He's a known racist. I'm not gonna let him slide with another racist comment. You shouldn't either.

You came into a thread where people were having laughs at his expense, then threw the first stone when he laughed it off and tried to make a joke. I would say that is a double standard.
What double standard?

People made fun of him.
He makes a racist comment.
I call him out on it and remind people of his history of ignorance.

What double standard do you see?  Why should we give ninjahood a pass when he repeatedly makes racist and ignorant comments?

I welcome answers from anyone.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

what did he say that was racist ? do you even know what that means in their language?

If you really think a message board ban is THIS serious I suggest you reevaluate your priorities in life.  I've exchanged PM's with Ninjahood about this and he understands it.  I don't think he needs or wants you to hold a candlelight vigil for him until he returns.

i had a simple post in this very thread stating:
"Who watches the watchmen? and "who's moderating the moderators"  with a "free ninja hood" thrown in for good measure..

post got deleted and is nowhere to be found...

That's what happens when you use partially edited profanity in your posts.  
I think a warning and edit would of been enough.

If it were a first offense, I might agree.  It wasn't.

Ninjahood was definitely insensitive but coming where hes from, i'm sure hes cool with a lot of dudes in the circle he poked fun at and certainly felt like it was cool to make that joke

You're really falling back on "but some of my best friends are ____."   Seriously? 

1. Derogatory comments regarding race, ethnic background, language, gender, sexual orientation or religion are strictly prohibited. The use of slurs and/or hate speech will result in immediate and permanent banishment from the community without warning.

That rule applied before you got here and it'll still be in effect after you leave.  I suggest you make peace with it. 
roll.gif
 is Meth serious!!?...I mean he really gonna sit her and tell me that he doesn't read posts unless they are reported and if they are not reported they are not breaking any rule???!!...nearly every post in the first page is breaking the rules one way or another

If a referee in basketball or football is asked to review something via instant replay, he or she will look at the play in question - not the entire game.  If they tried to review the entire game, it'd take about 12 hours to play.  

There's no "break" on NikeTalk.  As we're sitting here talking about something that doesn't even matter, dozens of new posts have been added to the forums.  We're not on NT 24 hours per day.  Posts aren't uploaded directly to our brains.  

So, guess what?  If you report something on page 85 of the "official please pay attention to me" thread, I'm not going back to page 30 to find out why User X was so angry with User Y.  I don't have time for it.  You've read every page since it started?  Awesome.  I haven't.  Are you using that knowledge to help us out?  No?  Then guess what?  Stop crying.  We work with what we have.  If you're no help in the moment, don't tell me after the fact, "oh but so and so said something naughty two weeks ago and you weren't there."  Well, obviously you didn't care about it then.  Now it's a big deal because your buddy broke the rules?  Please.  

I'll say it again:  all YOU have to do is make sure that YOUR posts follow the rules.  That's it.  If you choose to break the rules, you choose to take a risk.  

In a perfect world, would we have 20 full-time moderators on hand to read every single page of every single thread?  Sure.  We don't.  Money we could use to pay a staff is given instead to charity, because our feeling is that the money will be put to better use.  Even so, I think our volunteers do a very good job here, especially when compared to most forums and comment sections on the web.  

I looked on page one of this topic, and personally I don't see anything all that serious.  Someone said "da."  Someone else brought up the "musket."  Someone referenced ninjahood's room.  As "insults" go, I think we can all agree those are pretty mild at best.  It's not even on the same plane as implying that spending "too much time" around Arab Americans makes someone more likely to engage in terrorism.  There's a reason why you didn't report them.  There's a reason why nobody reported them.  And there's also a reason why you're complaining about it after the fact to try and make the staff look bad.  

I'll take that for what it's worth.

Everyone complains that they're "singled out."  Don't flatter yourselves.  In most cases, the staff knows next to nothing about you.  If you upset someone and they report a bunch of your posts, that's unfortunate, but 1) if you follow the rules at all times then the chances of you being banned or suspended are zero and 2) if someone DOES abuse the report feature we're not exactly going to make their reports a top priority.  If I could, I'd rescind reporting privileges for a few users on here.  (Maybe in the next system.)

Rules aint never gonna be fair.  All you can do is watch your back and hope you aren't a statistic one day

But Meth

are we gonna act like dudes have never made racist gifts about me being native american ???? come on now son.... I aint see no one get the Axe for that..

what bout all them night wolf,and Squanto photshops that dudes post from time to time from the .org days ? nahhhh i aint think so......

it seems like as every day passes more and more words get black booked by the staff. next thing you know we wont even be able to say papi , or mami cause its deemed racist.

But i doubt that will happen since Hispanics , and native Americans get no respect on this board
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom