****The Philladelpia Phillies have won the 2008 World Series. Congratulations!****

Originally Posted by eeibaby

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

eek.gif
all the ESPN heads just picked the Phillies.

laugh.gif

Which means the Rays are going to win.
Why do ESPN love to curse Philly?
tired.gif

Go Phillies
pimp.gif
They cursed us first, when they all jumped on the Dodgers bandwagon, along with the SI cover, I did one of these....

jh515z.jpg

Rooting for Philly.
Thank you Rays for knocking out Boston....
but we don't need an AL East other then the Yankees winning a championship.

Let's Go Phillies. Pretty much agree with what TBone said. I can not cheer for any other team in the AL East
sick.gif
. $+%% division pride crap.

we need to win this game
we need to win the games cole pitches
hopefully he gets enough run support

ryan howard better stop pressing and step up

Kazmir is going to dominate tonight vs that lefty lineup, but only for 6 innings.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

eek.gif
all the ESPN heads just picked the Phillies.

laugh.gif

Which means the Rays are going to win.
huh wha?:

[h1]ESPN's World Series predictions[/h1]

Updated: October 22, 2008, 6:33 PM ET
[table][tr][td] [/td] [td]PREDICTION[/td] [td]WHY?[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
caple_jim_35.jpg

Jim Caple[/td] [td]
tam.gif

in 4[/td] [td]I pick the Rays to sweep because the American League is that much superior to the National League, which once again got smoked in interleague play and the All-Star Game. It's like the majors versus AAA.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
crasnick_jerry_35.jpg

Jerry Crasnick[/td] [td]
phi.gif

in 7[/td] [td]The Rays faced tougher competition to get here, but I love Philadelphia's "red light'' players -- the Phillies have the best starter in the series in Cole Hamels, and a better bullpen. David Price is a huge X factor for Tampa Bay, but the rest of the Rays' bullpen appears vulnerable.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
gammons_peter_35.jpg

Peter Gammons[/td] [td]
phi.gif

in 7[/td] [td]This is going to end up as a bullpen series, and in the end, Ryan Madson and Brad Lidge are as good as it gets for the last six outs (an 0.67 ERA in September). And with the depth of Chad Durbin and J.C. Romero in front of Madson and Lidge, the Philles should win some crucial games.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
gomez_pedro_35.jpg

Pedro Gomez[/td] [td]
phi.gif

in 5[/td] [td]They're the only American League-style club in the NL and the back end of the Phillies' bullpen is the best in baseball. The Rays' carriage finally turns back into a pumpkin.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
keri_jonah_35.jpg

Jonah Keri[/td] [td]
tam.gif

in 7[/td] [td]Good starting pitching (big extra day off for Garza), great defense, a shutdown rookie in the bullpen (Price) and the two hottest sluggers still going (Upton and Longoria) by a nose over a loaded Phillies attack.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
klapisch_bob_35.jpg

Bob Klapisch[/td] [td]
tam.gif

in 7[/td] [td]Two evenly matched teams with off-setting strengths. For once, this is a Series that will actually be decided by home-field advantage.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
kurkjian_tim_35.jpg

Tim Kurkjian[/td] [td]
tam.gif

in 7[/td] [td]I've got the Rays in seven because they have starting pitching, power, speed, defense, a bullpen that has been bolstered by David Price, and they have four games at home.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
law_keith_35.jpg

Keith Law[/td] [td]
tam.gif

in 6[/td] [td]Outstanding run prevention and a bullpen loaded with lefties trumps a strong offense, plus the difference between the leagues exposes the weak side of Philly's roster.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
nelson_amy_35.jpg

Amy Nelson[/td] [td]
tam.gif

in 6[/td] [td]The Rays have home field, they have a better bench, three left-handers in their bullpen (including the remarkable David Price) and better starting pitching overall. While the Phillies rely on power and speed in the same fashion the Rays do, Tampa Bay has used both -- better -- this October.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
neyer_rob_35.jpg

Rob Neyer[/td] [td]
tam.gif

in 5[/td] [td]Pitching, hitting, fielding … the only real edge the Phillies seem to have is Brad Lidge in the ninth inning … and as good as David Price has looked, even that's not a sure thing.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
olney_buster_35.jpg

Buster Olney[/td] [td]
tam.gif

in 6[/td] [td]Tampa Bay should have a major advantage in starting pitching, with great matchups in Games 3 and 4.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
phillips_steve_35.jpg

Steve Phillips[/td] [td]
phi.gif

in 7[/td] [td]The Phillies win because of the quality and predictability of their ace, Cole Hamels, and their bullpen.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
stark_jayson_35.jpg

Jayson Stark[/td] [td]
phi.gif

in 6[/td] [td]Logic, the standings and recent history say Rays, but there's something about these Phillies -- a mentally tough team on a mission.[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
wojciechowski_gene_35.jpg

Gene Wojciechowski[/td] [td]
tam.gif

in 6[/td] [td]Do you believe in destiny? Home field, battle tested, just enough rest, good pitching, speed, and a deep bullpen. I believe. So do the Red Sox.[/td] [/tr][/table]

moz-screenshot.jpg

Wait, what was the Taco Bell promotion?

I wasn't completely paying attention (son's crying).

I know TB's going to steal a base, though... so I get a taco tomorrow?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Wait, what was the Taco Bell promotion?

I wasn't completely paying attention (son's crying).

I know TB's going to steal a base, though... so I get a taco tomorrow?

No, no you don't

In fact if the Rays do steal a base, I would just completely avoid Taco Bells, tacos, chihuahuas and Mexicans tomorrow if I were you

laugh.gif

edit -

Really? the Backstreets Boys???

smh.gif

I read something a couple weeks ago in an ESPN magazine about changing certain things in sports, and one of them was ON POINT. it was a humorous article, notto be taken seriously (aren't those the best ones?
laugh.gif
), and dude talked about MLB managers being allowed to dress in regular clothing, not the teamuniform. He mentioned that NHL, NBA, and NFL coaches don't sit there and make the calls in the team's uniform. He joked about how disturbing it wouldbe seeing Phil Jackson coach in the Lakers uniform.
laugh.gif
x
sick.gif

And the example he brought up to prove that MLB managers don't need to wear the team's uniform? Charlie Manuel. lol He said it's just sad forcinghim to squeeze into an MLB uniform every game, and he should be allowed to dress casually with a Phillies hat or something if he wants to.

roll.gif

damn it stuck at school working on a presentation
luckily found a good live stream

go phils!!!

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I read something a couple weeks ago in an ESPN magazine about changing certain things in sports, and one of them was ON POINT. it was a humorous article, not to be taken seriously (aren't those the best ones?
laugh.gif
), and dude talked about MLB coaches being allowed to dress in regular clothing, not the team uniform. He mentioned that NHL, NBA, and NFL coaches don't sit there and make the calls in the team's uniform. He joked about how disturbing it would be seeing Phil Jackson coach in the Lakers uniform.
laugh.gif
x
sick.gif

And the example he brought up to prove that MLB coaches don't need to wear the team's uniform? Charlie Manuel. lol He said it's just sad ofrcing him to squeeze into an MLB uniform every game, and he should be allowed to dress casually with a Phillies hat or something if he wants to.

roll.gif

Bill Simmons.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

smh.gif
How could this not get corny, I had a feeling they'd put these dudes in one of Tampa's games.

Back
Top Bottom