****The Philladelpia Phillies have won the 2008 World Series. Congratulations!****

Originally Posted by ddot7

Wait...where were all 4 of these Phillies fans during the season? I guess Jimmy Rollins was right...

or b/c there is no point in making a Phillies baseball on NT b/c it wont be discussed

people dont need to show loyality on NT to be fan, I have season ticks but you didnt see me on NT talking Phillies until the playoffs so I guess I'm afrontrunner b/c I only have season tickets and but didnt rep on here as well

Wait...where were all 4 of these Phillies fans during the season? I guess Jimmy Rollins was right...
Haha Mets fans still being salty. Seeing as the Phillies had a higher Home Attendance Average during the season than the Mets did (97.1% to89.1%), I think it would be wise to do some research before you make ignorant comments. Thanks!
http://sports.espn.go.com...ear=2008&seasonType=2

i can't wait for this series.

it's the first in a few years that i won't have any problem with the winner no matter who wins it, but i'm pulling for the Rays.

even though that will bring out a ton of feel-good bandwagon Rays fans who will become a nuisance.

Phillies in six.
pimp.gif

listening to the radio...gave me this idea for the pitching line-up Yay or nay??

Hamels
Moyer
Myers (loves CBP gets his energy from the fans)
Blanton
Hamels
Happ (if moyer gets rocked in his start
grin.gif
)
Blanton

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

listening to the radio...gave me this idea for the pitching line-up Yay or nay??

Hamels
Moyer
Blanton
Hamels
grin.gif
)
Blanton
i like it, except: call me crazy, but i think i would rather have moyer in game 4 in PHL and blanton in game 2 in TB. after the last 2 outings ithink moyer needs some hometown support and blanton is less removed from the AL

Originally Posted by BigPoppaBaker04

Hamels
Moyer
Blanton
Hamels
grin.gif
)
Blanton
i like it, except: call me crazy, but i think i would rather have moyer in game 4 in PHL and blanton in game 2 in TB. after the last 2 outings i think moyer needs some hometown support and blanton is less removed from the AL

i was thinking that but Tampa has a bigger stadium so i thought that might help him.

from the espn stats, moyer pitches better on the road

[table][tr][td]Home[/td] [td]4.62[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]91.2[/td] [td]109[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]56[/td] [td].294[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Away[/td] [td]2.92[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]104.2[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]67[/td] [td].232[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by BigPoppaBaker04

Hamels
Moyer
Blanton
Hamels
grin.gif
)
Blanton
i like it, except: call me crazy, but i think i would rather have moyer in game 4 in PHL and blanton in game 2 in TB. after the last 2 outings i think moyer needs some hometown support and blanton is less removed from the AL

i was thinking that but Tampa has a bigger stadium so i thought that might help him.

from the espn stats, moyer pitches better on the road

[table][tr][td]Home[/td] [td]4.62[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]91.2[/td] [td]109[/td] [td]51[/td] [td]47[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]26[/td] [td]56[/td] [td].294[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Away[/td] [td]2.92[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]17[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]104.2[/td] [td]90[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]34[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]67[/td] [td].232[/td] [/tr][/table]
wow, that is pretty convincing

Myers stats

[table][tr][td]Away[/td] [td]6.21[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]91.1[/td] [td]111[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]63[/td] [td]16[/td] [td]36[/td] [td]67[/td] [td].301[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Home[/td] [td]3.01[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]14[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]98.2[/td] [td]86[/td] [td]38[/td] [td]33[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]29[/td] [td]96[/td] [td].232[/td] [/tr][/table]
he's been solid since his call up but he usually comes w/ his best stuff at home...

idk what his road era would be outside the marlins game.

If you are referring to me, I have been a phillies fan since the 07 season after I met him. It should be said that I am not a loyal baseball fan, but it justso happens that I have been to more Phillies home games than Giants games, and I live in the bay area. now considering that as well as the fact that thephillies are in the world series. I put a pic of ryan howard in my avy and "go phillies" in my sig.
grin.gif

anything else?
and also, who said you have to be a phillies fan to root for em in the world series??? I mean their are two teams to choose from, someone may just prefer thephillies over the rays...

A Phillies fan since 07?

I hope you weren't saying that as if to say 'Trust me, I've put in work as a fan.'

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

A Phillies fan since 07?

I hope you weren't saying that as if to say 'Trust me, I've put in work as a fan.'

laugh.gif

No I was just saying that I have been a fan since I met him, which was in 07. I never watched baseball before I met Ryan Howard and since then I have simplybeen a casual fan. A CASUAL FAN. BUT SINCE THEY ARE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, I AM ROOTING FOR THEM.

phillies in 6 ouch ouch ouch.

but if tampa can get to cole this is tampa's series to win.

but for the love of god, can we get a competitive world series this year, no boring blowout snoozefest this year please.
i really don't care who wins although my preference would be the rays, i just wanna see 6-7 games of good baseball.

80JerryRice80:
23ska909red02:
A Phillies fan since 07?

laugh.gif

No I was just saying that I have been a fan since I met him, which was in 07. I never watched baseball before I met Ryan Howard and since then I have simply been a casual fan. A CASUAL FAN. BUT SINCE THEY ARE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, I AM ROOTING FOR THEM.
Sounds like you're more of a Ryan Howard fan, and since he's in the WS, you're rooting for them.

Nothing wrong with that. I've heard Howard's a class act.
smokin.gif

My man Stringer with the thread
smokin.gif

I'm not a fan of either of the teams, but I'll be rooting for the Rays.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

80JerryRice80:
23ska909red02:
A Phillies fan since 07?

laugh.gif
No I was just saying that I have been a fan since I met him, which was in 07. I never watched baseball before I met Ryan Howard and since then I have simply been a casual fan. A CASUAL FAN. BUT SINCE THEY ARE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP, I AM ROOTING FOR THEM.
Sounds like you're more of a Ryan Howard fan, and since he's in the WS, you're rooting for them.

Nothing wrong with that. I've heard Howard's a class act.
smokin.gif

Cool, I wasn't trying to start no e fights
roll.gif
but on amore serious note, he really is a class act, dude is humble and soft spoken.

on a side note if philly wins that city is going to go crazy, you guys are due for a championship.

i mentioned it in the dodger phillies thread but you guys get the chance to stop the tampa bay ownage of philly teams in big postseason games, tampa denied youguys from going to the stanley cup finals and the super bowl in recent years so you get the chance to stop them from getting the trifecta.

moyer out the bullpen wouldn't be a bad idea but like dude earlier said, it would be better for him to pitch at home as opposed to on the road.

I usually hate the world series (NLCS>>>>World Series) but I am kind of pumped for the Rays this year. And I really will kill myself if they winbecause if the mets weren't such ++$#$#* choke artists they wouldn't even be here It still amazes me that this Philly Team got to the series.

Back
Top Bottom