****The Philladelpia Phillies have won the 2008 World Series. Congratulations!****

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

worst world series ever
Worse than Astros and White Sox?

Hell no!

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Should be an exciting series(hopefully). No favorite nor hatred for both teams. Therefore, ______ in seven.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by sickickz23

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

Originally Posted by I FR3SH I

worst world series ever
Worse than Astros and White Sox?

Hell no!

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Jealousy is a weak emotion, you gotta overcome that

laugh.gif

I'm not jealous. Really I'm not. I just get
sick.gif
whenever somebodybrings that up. Cuz the 05 World Series is never on my mind.
grin.gif

wow at some of the espn "experts" expecting this to be a rays sweep, reminds me of 2006 somewhat how everyone expected the tigers to kill thecardinals.

Gammons the only baseball person who even matters on ESPN picked the Phillies in 7

that idiot Caple should be fired, Rays in 4?!?!?

Pat the Bat musta banged his wife

Originally Posted by areyouin729

Gammons the only baseball person who even matters on ESPN picked the Phillies in 7

that idiot Caple should be fired, Rays in 4?!?!?

Pat the Bat musta banged his wife
laugh.gif

Kruk and Steve Phillips also chose the Phils to win the series on Baseball tonight on Sunday
Other than those 3, I think all the ESPN baseball analyst chose the Rays to win.
indifferent.gif
@ Caple thinks this is going to be a rayssweep

Originally Posted by ddot7

Wait...where were all 4 of these Phillies fans during the season? I guess Jimmy Rollins was right...

Well if you were in the Mets season thread (which I'm sure you were) you will see me in there so I know I'm not no bandwagon fan and like areyouin said(I think) if there was a Phillies thread it wouldn't really be poppin like that.

How is this thread even 6 pages before the 1st pitch has been thrown? I expected the entire series thread to go no longer than 4 pages, with all of the 3Phillies fan on this site contributing to it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

eek.gif
all the ESPN heads just picked the Phillies.

laugh.gif

Which means the Rays are going to win.
Why do ESPN love to curse Philly?
tired.gif

Go Phillies
pimp.gif

I love interesting sports 'trends' that people come up with (as long %#@ it has to do with sports).

Y'all know what I mean?

Like, I hate the crap that gets pointed out like 'No city has ever won the World Series after losing the previous Super Bowl and the NCAAFchampionship.'

That's stupid, because it doesn't have anything to do with the game, or the players.

But the ones that actually have something to do with the game or the players? I love those.
happy.gif

And I'm curious to see which trend will be broken:
- The Rockies in '07 and the Tigers in '06 had long breaks between making it to the World Series and playing Game 1, because they earned their spotdays sooner than their opponent. Then they proceeded to lose the World Series. Will the trend continue for the Phillies in '08, who will wait 8 days inbetween making it to the WS and playing Game 1?

- Only 4 or 5 times in the history of the 4 major sports has a team gone from the worst record in the league to the championship. The previous teams to do itlost the championship. Will the trend continue for the Rays?

I know that second one might not sound like it has to do with the sport or the players or the game, but it does... because it's a trend that basicallyspotlights how difficult it is to have a group of guys that were the worst in one year and 1 of the 2 best the next year... but never the #1 best.

Back
Top Bottom