****The Philladelpia Phillies have won the 2008 World Series. Congratulations!****

Backstreet Boys! Yes! Isn't there supposed to be 5 of them?
embarassed.gif

No but seriously, what was the taco Bell promotion?

And... Backstreet Boys?

*sigh*

That's the longest I've ever listened to them.
laugh.gif
And I am now dumber for it.

*edit* Thanks, TDOt.
happy.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Wait, what was the Taco Bell promotion?

I wasn't completely paying attention (son's crying).

I know TB's going to steal a base, though... so I get a taco tomorrow?
Yep.

I read something a couple weeks ago in an ESPN magazine about changing certain things in sports, and one of them was ON POINT. it was a humorous article, not to be taken seriously (aren't those the best ones?
laugh.gif
), and dude talked about MLB managers being allowed to dress in regular clothing, not the team uniform. He mentioned that NHL, NBA, and NFL coaches don't sit there and make the calls in the team's uniform. He joked about how disturbing it would be seeing Phil Jackson coach in the Lakers uniform.
laugh.gif
x
sick.gif

And the example he brought up to prove that MLB managers don't need to wear the team's uniform? Charlie Manuel. lol He said it's just sad forcing him to squeeze into an MLB uniform every game, and he should be allowed to dress casually with a Phillies hat or something if he wants to.

roll.gif
was that the simmons article of sports rules like golfers not high-fiving anymore cause they look so awkward?

hahaha yea i was dying when he mentioned charlie manuel....i always think that he looks like such a clown when he walks to the mound to make pitching changes

No but seriously, what was the taco Bell promotion?

And... Backstreet Boys?

*sigh*

That's the longest I've ever listened to them.
laugh.gif
And I am now dumber for it.

*edit* Thanks, TDOt.
happy.gif

Nope, not tomorrow it's the 28th I think. From 2-6 PM or something like that. Jacoby did it last year.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Yep.
WRONG

HOW TO OBTAIN A FREE TACO: If an eligible base was stolen during the Games, Taco Bell will make an announcement through selected mediachannels, including a press release and its web site (www.tacobell.com), that eligible consumers can obtaintheir free Crunchy Seasoned Beef Taco on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 (if base is stolen in Games 1-4 on October 22, 23, 25 or 26) OR Monday, November 3, 2008 (ifbase is stolen in Games 5-7, October 27, 29 or 30) ("Redemption Date") only. To obtain the Free Taco, consumers must visit anyparticipating Taco Bell[emoji]174[/emoji] restaurant in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia between2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. (local time) on the Redemption Date only and request a Free Crunchy Seasoned Beef Taco. Free Tacos will not be offered onany other date or time, regardless of circumstance. Limit one (1) Free Crunchy Seasoned Beef Taco per person.

Osh Kosh Bosh:
23ska909red02:
I read something a couple weeks ago in an ESPN magazine about changing certain things in sports, and one of them was ON POINT. it was a humorous article, not to be taken seriously (aren't those the best ones?
laugh.gif
), and dude talked about MLB managers being allowed to dress in regular clothing, not the team uniform. He mentioned that NHL, NBA, and NFL coaches don't sit there and make the calls in the team's uniform. He joked about how disturbing it would be seeing Phil Jackson coach in the Lakers uniform.
laugh.gif
x
sick.gif

And the example he brought up to prove that MLB managers don't need to wear the team's uniform? Charlie Manuel.
laugh.gif
He said it's just sad forcing him to squeeze into an MLB uniform every game, and he should be allowed to dress casually with a Phillies hat or something if he wants to.

roll.gif

Bill Simmons.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Damn. You're good. I just checked, and it was Bill Simmons. October 6th issue, with Ovechkin on the cover.

It was different rules, and that one was 'New Rule: No uniforms for baseball managers.'

laugh.gif

Another new rule I liked: 'New Rule: Playground rules for the NBA All Star Game.'
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

Another new rule I liked: 'New Rule: Playground rules for the NBA All Star Game.'
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
laugh.gif

But then Dwyane couldn't play.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I wish these games were on TBS.

laugh.gif
what a JOKE

just on the fact that I don't have to hear "LOVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVE THIS TOWNNNNNNNNNNN" anymore more than justifies my hate for TBS, let alonetheir commentators and Dbag pre and post games...

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

Yep.
WRONG

HOW TO OBTAIN A FREE TACO: If an eligible base was stolen during the Games, Taco Bell will make an announcement through selected media channels, including a press release and its web site (www.tacobell.com), that eligible consumers can obtain their free Crunchy Seasoned Beef Taco on Tuesday, October 28, 2008 (if base is stolen in Games 1-4 on October 22, 23, 25 or 26) OR Monday, November 3, 2008 (if base is stolen in Games 5-7, October 27, 29 or 30) ("Redemption Date") only. To obtain the Free Taco, consumers must visit any participating Taco Bell[emoji]174[/emoji] restaurant in one of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia between 2:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. (local time) on the Redemption Date only and request a Free Crunchy Seasoned Beef Taco. Free Tacos will not be offered on any other date or time, regardless of circumstance. Limit one (1) Free Crunchy Seasoned Beef Taco per person.
Well the damn point is you get a free taco!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I don't think TBS is gonna be getting any more games for a while after what happened in the ALCS.

Sooo...

stolen base in games 1-4 = free taco on October 28th, between 2pm and 6pm
-OR-
stolen base in games 5-7 = free taco on November 3rd, between 2pm and 6pm

Got it.

November 3rd won't happen, because the Rays will steal a base in game 1, 2, 3, or 4.

And that's exact;y what the series is going to be; Phillies longball vs. Rays small ball (like in 2002).

Back
Top Bottom