The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I played all 3 heavy im a unofficial me expert lol. These bugs the reviewers talk about are not deal/game breaking at all imo. Now if your into face animations and all the jazz then you wont like it.

I don't make a big deal about those things, but to me, the game is boring because of how damn empty it is. So far I've been on a few planets, and it's basically "Drive around for 5-10 minutes, kill some aliens that ambush you, get back in the vehicle, repeat".

I mean it makes sense that these planets are emptyish because it's a colonization mission, but still...I miss the worlds in the original trilogy where you were in actual cities, stations, etc. and had life and development all around you (or at least enemies everywhere :lol: )

I also don't like that the "aliens" are so damn human. It was always a stretch in the first trilogy, but you could kind of explain it by saying that a)all these species had lived together for a while and blended in with each other when it comes to personality and b)they were in the same galaxy and were allowed to evolve somewhat similarly because of how the reapers wiped out the other advanced species from time to time.

Last edited:
I don't make a big deal about those things, but to me, the game is boring because of how damn empty it is. So far I've been on a few planets, and it's basically "Drive around for 5-10 minutes, kill some aliens that ambush you, get back in the vehicle, repeat".

I mean it makes sense that these planets are emptyish because it's a colonization mission, but still...I miss the worlds in the original trilogy where you were in actual cities, stations, etc. and had life and development all around you (or at least enemies everywhere :lol: )

Once you colonize them trust me theres much more to do. Like i went back to a planet i already did all the missions on to farm mats. I was drving around and my sam said hey go check this out. 2 hrs later i was still on this random mission.

I mean your you and im me we see things different. You see emptiness i see a sandbox.

Like i said once you colonize them they open up. We gotta build stuff first bro lol.

Why would Atlus do this? Also, will it hold up?

http://kotaku.com/atlus-threatens-to-go-after-people-who-stream-too-far-i-1794004068

This being a Japanese title with a single-playthrough story means our masters in Japan are very wary about it. Sharing is currently blocked through the native PS4 UI. However, if you do plan on streaming, video guidelines above apply except length. If you decide to stream past 7/7 (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT DOING THIS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED), you do so at the risk of being issued a content ID claim or worse, a channel strike/account suspension.

That being said, Persona 5 is a super special case for us and we’re in ongoing discussion about how our policies may evolve in the future. Thanks for reading and good luck in the Metaverse.

Bamco does the same thing, Tales of Basura was blocked from share playing from what I remember.

Not really sure why Atlus is worried about spoilers when 1: they've spoiled a few things in their own trailers and 2: the game has been out for months.

Also, 7/7 isn't even far into the game, :lol:

Yeah both PS4 Tales games were blocked from screenshot and streaming :smh:

Bamco does the same thing, Tales of Basura was blocked from share playing from what I remember.

Not really sure why Atlus is worried about spoilers when 1: they've spoiled a few things in their own trailers and 2: the game has been out for months.

Also, 7/7 isn't even far into the game, :lol:
Their full post sets even more guidelines.

Oh boy, it’s a big day for ATLUS today. It took us a while (pause for Winter 2014 joke), but Persona 5 is finally out in the West! Seriously, we poured countless hours into making the game as perfect as it can be, and words can’t explain how excited we are for you all to finally be playing it. Some of you might be saying “this is totally just PR speak,” but I’m telling you it’s not. All of us at ATLUS in Japan and America worked our freaking butts off to make sure Persona 5 is worthy of having the Persona name.

We know this game means a lot to our fans, and we’re literally SO, SO HAPPY that you can now suit up with the Phantom Thieves and cause some havoc in Tokyo. Word of advice to newcomers of the game: *deep breath* MAKE SURE TO CHECK YOUR CALENDAR AND NOT WAIT UNTIL THE VERY LAST DAY TO STEAL SOMEONE’S TREASURE. REMEMBER TO SEND OUT A CALLING CARD BEFOREHAND OR ELSE ONLY PROFOUND SADNESS AWAITS. Oh, and save often.

Ok, now let’s talk Persona 5 streaming and videos. Simply put, we don’t want the experience to be spoiled for people who haven’t played the game. Our fans have waited years for the game to come out and we really want to make sure they can experience it fully as a totally new adventure. Please read our video/streaming guidelines below:

Please, PLEASE do not post any specific plot points or story spoilers, and only talk about the game in broad strokes. (Good example: “The game deals with dark themes right off the bat, with a lecherous teacher and other corrupted individuals.” Bad example: “Players immediately run into trouble with the pervy teacher *spoiler*, whose actions go so far as to cause *spoiler*.”)

You’re more than welcome to talk/show Confidants, the new combat, the Velvet Room, the dungeons, etc. Just please keep in mind that as a singular story playthrough, viewers are *highly* wary of spoilers!

In-game Content Limit: Please limit video content through 7/7.

Video Content

You can post however many additional videos you’d like, but please limit each to be at most 90 minutes long.

No major story spoilers, and I’ll leave that up to your good judgment. If you need some guidelines, avoid showing/spoiling the ending segments of the first three palaces. While you can show initial interactions with Yusuke, avoid his awakening scene, and that whole deal about THE painting. Also, don’t post anything about a certain student investigator.

I know I mentioned not showing the end of each palace, but you can grab footage from the Kamoshida boss fight. However, don’t capture video from the other major boss fights.

Must not focus solely on cutscenes/animated scenes, should prominently feature dungeon crawling/spending time in Tokyo.

You can post straight gameplay or have commentary.

Streaming Content

This being a Japanese title with a single-playthrough story means our masters in Japan are very wary about it. Sharing is currently blocked through the native PS4 UI. However, if you do plan on streaming, video guidelines above apply except length. If you decide to stream past 7/7 (I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT DOING THIS, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED), you do so at the risk of being issued a content ID claim or worse, a channel strike/account suspension.

That being said, Persona 5 is a super special case for us and we’re in ongoing discussion about how our policies may evolve in the future. Thanks for reading and good luck in the Metaverse.

Was this guideline in place when the game first came out in Japan, or did they just come up with it? Because I don't think that would be fair saying nothing to their home market yet restricting the rest of the world as soon as they can play it.

Last edited:
They did the same thing in Japan and they've done the same thing w/ all the Persona games that have come out in the past few years.

Once you colonize them trust me theres much more to do. Like i went back to a planet i already did all the missions on to farm mats. I was drving around and my sam said hey go check this out. 2 hrs later i was still on this random mission.

I mean your you and im me we see things different. You see emptiness i see a sandbox.

Like i said once you colonize them they open up. We gotta build stuff first bro lol.

Game is flames

Just finished Horizon
embarassed.gif
Just had to go down a road to a village on the northern part of the map. I swear this road was full of every big machine in the game. I had no high ground had to sneak all the way through if I started a fight all of their buddies would join in and gang-rape me.

Got lost in the train station in Persona 
roll.gif

This must be how tourists feel in NY. **** is so confusing 
laugh.gif

Just ended up using fast travel to get where I needed to go 
laugh.gif

Never played Persona 5 or any of the series, but was listening to the Vergecast Podcast today and was listening to there Persona 5 review, and I was sold. I want to get it now, lol.

Never played Persona 5 or any of the series, but was listening to the Vergecast Podcast today and was listening to there Persona 5 review, and I was sold. I want to get it now, lol.

lmk how that works for you in in the same boat I know nothing about P5

Back
Top Bottom