THE OFFICIAL 2024 - 2025 DALLAS COWBOYS SEASON THREAD || 1 - 1 Next game 9/22 vs. Ravens

Have we made a single move yet besides letting a bunch of players walk? 
laugh.gif

[emoji]128532[/emoji] You guys act like Twill contributed this year... He had more lowlights then highlights. I hate the way the Cowboys have a hard time letting under achievers go! We over reward mediocre

It's like people around my way hoping Claiborne doesn't leave but he gives WRs a 9 yard cushion when he defends them.

I hope I eat my words but we are going to regret the next 4 years Williams is taking up roster space!

Last edited:
Mo was our best corner when healthy this season. And as a person close to Mo told a Cowboys writer, his market is soft. So he'd likely be cheap the keep.

TWill is getting $1/year more than Beasley. That's not bad at all contract wise. Also doesn't preclude us from drafting a WR, but it makes it less of a need.

Which is what it should be. Something that is 7th or 8th on our draft day needs.

He's also only guaranteed $9.5mil. It's not like they have to carry the contract all 4 years.

Last edited:
Going forward, here's what I would do...

Re-sign Mo Claiborne (It's either him or Carr, Mo is 4 years younger, had the better season, and his cap number will be lower because of injury history... Could really structure his deal around being healthy)

Take a small risk on Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (He would have been a Round 2/Round 3 pick in 2015 had it not been for injuries, ended up in the 7th round, and he tore his ACL again before the 2016 season... Low risk for cheap, to see if he ever can be healthy, even if it's just a camp invite / practice squad thing)

Re-sign JJ Wilcox for 3 years (Cowboys are apparently letting him walk)

1 year Deal for Demarcus Ware

Take a look at Dont'a Hightower, and see where that market goes...

Then go into the draft, list of needs
1. Pass Rusher
2. Pass Rusher
3. Cover Corner or Safety whichever BPA at the time we make that choice
4. TE
5. RT
6. WR
7. Backup QB

Last edited:
I always feel like we just watch from the sidelines every year while everyone else makes moves during free agency. We depend heavily on the draft and although last year it worked out, I don't believe it's something we should keep doing. Yea we have a young running back and qb but there is still a window we have to think about.

[emoji]128532[/emoji] You guys act like Twill contributed this year... He had more lowlights then highlights. I hate the way the Cowboys have a hard time letting under achievers go! We over reward mediocre

It's like people around my way hoping Claiborne doesn't leave but he gives WRs a 9 yard cushion when he defends them.

I hope I eat my words but we are going to regret the next 4 years Williams is taking up roster space!
Give me 3 examples of lowlight T-Will lowlight this season

Last edited:
Doug Free retired.

Collins will either move to RT where he was originally projected to go. Or we probably look swing tackle in a mid round.

Give me 3 examples of lowlight T-Will lowlight this season

I have one

T Will is hot garbage. He will make a good catch then make a game changing bone headed play the next drive.

Back
Top Bottom