The College Basketball Post

I don't know why people are doubling Embiid, his only skill right now is passing, let him prove he has the touch to make a hook shot.

Weird prospect, a fluid and mobile 7 footer with court-vision but almost nothing else on offense.
roll.gif
 when he shot that three after hitting the backboard on a free throw attempt

Also the fact that Wiggins got 22/10 while not even being the focal point of the offense last night says everything about his potential.

Not to through any shots at him because I'm a believer in the kid's talent, but he legit benefited from the attention Mason & Ellis were getting as well as KU being a very good ball moving team. He put the least amount of pressure on the defense out of their 4 main contributors. I would rank it: Ellis, Mason, Wayne, Drew as far as impact on the game.

I don't know why people are doubling Embiid, his only skill right now is passing, let him prove he has the touch to make a hook shot.

Weird prospect, a fluid and mobile 7 footer with court-vision but almost nothing else on offense.
:rofl:  when he shot that three after hitting the backboard on a free throw attempt

That was straight out the Andrew Bynum Yolo playbook

As soon as he shot it I legit said to myself "Look at Bynum inspiring this nut *** African. :lol: :smh: "

I think Bari will have an immediate impact in the league. He just needs to let the game come to him.

Wiggins will find a way to score, I like that

I think Bari will have an immediate impact in the league. He just needs to let the game come to him.

Wiggins will find a way to score, I like that

Hard to let the game come to him when we literally have no low post presence to create any diversity in the offense.

Outside of a couple slick moves Jefferson made (which had me :wow:) we had nothing down low, hence Parker having to force the issue.

I liked Bari's aggressiveness. Whether it was for the hometown or the strength of matchup. Bari looked for his shot early and often, no Ben McLemore. Only gripe is driving to the basket for cheap foul calls instead of settling for contested outside jumpers.

In crunch time I would much rather have Wayne Selden running the point then anyone else on this Kansas, I love his poise and confidence on the pick and roll, plus he is just tank of a player, physically at SG, you could see him using his size and stregth in a Gilbert Arenas type role,

First thing, right off the bat. Those games last night felt like Final Four games. I had a couple boys in the UC last night and they told me the buzz was unreal.

Randle is a man child. Gotta work on the right hand now that teams are gonna start pushing him that way. Even still I'm not sure if that is gonna work.

MSU. What you can say. Nothing spectacular about them but they got the win. Harris is gonna be nice this year.

For my Jayhawks.

Talk about 'Bari. Rightfully so. Talk about Wiggins. Rightfully so. But the MVP of last night was PE. Old mans game but he was doing it with the right hand. Left hand. Put it on the floor. Duke didn't have an answer for him. Does his game translate to an NBA level. I'm not so sure but in the college game, especially in Self's system he is gonna be a beast this year. Loved Frank Mason last night. I told people before the year that he was gonna be a contributor. Early. Greene came off the bench and hit a couple jumpers right before the half that really gave us a boost. I can't wait to see him develop in a couple years. Traylor also looked. Athletic. Much better then last year. Wiggins. What can you say. He is the real deal. Played through foul trouble and still had 22/10. By the time March / April rolls around this kid is gonna be even more of a problem then he already is.

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik View Post

Disclaimer: I have no inside information.

Wild hunch says all three to KU.

It's more about one player than 3 if u catch my drift.

:nerd:

Yall thought Hamilton's recruitment was shady last yr...

Wait til Friday.

If this goes down :x

I take it that means USC/Zona for Stanley?

And for all those fretting about UK class next year, I have a feeling some of these freshman will be back next year.

Also, James Young, I absolutley love that kid's game. So smooth, lefty, kid will be a lights out shooter with time.

I abhor comparisons especially on this site cause people throw pull **** out of their ***** so often but I couldn't help but see Jalen Rose. Maybe I'm bugging though.

Last edited:
Young kept UK in the game offensively first half, but Cal will get on him/coach him up on transition D. Got burnt for easy buckets on the run-out more than once.

So yall not sold on them Twins just yet?

They'll be fine.

Yall thought Hamilton's recruitment was shady last yr...

Wait til Friday.

If this goes down :x

I take it that means USC/Zona for Stanley?

And for all those fretting about UK class next year, I have a feeling some of these freshman will be back next year.

Also, James Young, I absolutley love that kid's game. So smooth, lefty, kid will be a lights out shooter with time.

I abhor comparisons especially on this site cause people throw pull **** out of their ***** so often but I couldn't help but see Jalen Rose. Maybe I'm bugging though.

The only freshmen I see coming back, Lee and Johsnon. Twins, Young, Randle gone. WCS and AP gone. That's why I said Stanley is the key to 2014, if they don't land him the wings and back court will be suspect.

Poythress still is a huge vag so I wouldn't be so sure about that. Also, I'm not sold on Aaron Harrison being a first round pick by the end of the season.

I can't see Poythress leaving. Especially after his fall from grace freshman year. He's turned into a hustle, energy player. Boxes out, crashes boards. Plays strong defense. Sounds like late first material, 20's at best.

Aaron looked timid, albeit 3 games in and a huge matchup so early in the season. Be ready to catch and shoot like Young. The jumper and range are there. Both twins can shoot midrange as well. If the shot's not falling, attack the rim. So easy to draw ticky tack fouls on minimal contact.

Even before the Sparty game, I would not have taken Aaron Harrison in the 2014 Draft over Dinwiddie, Harris, Selden, Exum.

Back
Top Bottom