The College Basketball Post

^
I liked that pic cuz Coach K looked almost devil-like with the missing pupils.
laugh.gif

And I hear you j dot.
laugh.gif
But I prefer putting up the higher res pics over the smaller sized ones.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

^
I liked that pic cuz Coach K looked almost devil-like with the missing pupils.
laugh.gif

And I hear you j dot.
laugh.gif
But I prefer putting up the higher res pics over the smaller sized ones.

check your PMs bro, im bout to send you something real quick.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

http://www.youtube.com/v/o4ZryYqFmoc&border=1&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&hl=en&feature

roll.gif
pimp.gif

The funniest part is the fact that he got up like he was going to do something. You're not fooling anybody, Chase.
roll.gif

roll.gif

��
if that was anyone else dude would of got a beat down chase soft @!% wasnt going to do @*@%

but anways how the %$$# did zona comeback and win that?
eek.gif
eyes.gif

Because it's worth it for Chase to destroy his draft stock while this dude is at best maybe an ABL player.� When you are an elite athlete who has a chanceto be drafted the last thing you want to do is seem like you are out of control.

that thug will be watching who he stepped on in the coming years on television anyway..no worries

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

I had enough of Norm. Duke is not renewing the contract with St. John's
indifferent.gif
They said that? Wow.

Edit:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01252009/sports/college/duke_says_no_more_to_st__johns_series_151917.htmhttp://www.nypost.com/sev...01252009...ies_151917.htm

St. John's scored a huge win over Rutgers last night in the Garden, but the Red Storm are losing one of their marquee drawing cards. The Post has learnedDuke has decided not to renew the series with the Red Storm, which early on produced two of the classic regular-season games in college basketball history.

The Red Storm host Duke on Feb. 19 and then will make a return trip to Cameron Indoor Stadium next season, but that will be the last game in the series. Thedecision is Duke's.

"I'm not aware that's the plan," St. John's athletic director Chris Monasch told The Post.

A source in the St. John's program said the loss of Duke would be easily overcome. Several other high-profile programs, including UCLA, which would love anopportunity to come to the metropolitan area, have contacted St. John's about a series.

In 1999, Duke, led by future NBA star Elton Brand, edged St. John's, led by future NBA star Ron Artest, 92-88 in OT in the Garden. St. John's gotrevenge the following season when it scored an 83-82 upset of the Blue Devils in Cameron.

smh.gif

St. John's need to become legitimate again. They aren't high profile. They are a squad who under last year's rules wouldn't make it to the BEtournament 2/3 years. They need to blow up that program. From the president, to the AD to the HC. And they need someone who's high profile, greatrecruiter, and puts out NBA players consistently.

I'll never forget a quote they were saying on mike and the madd dog during summer of 07 when they were talking about the program. How their president andAD didn't want a "high profile coach." I mean common, you want to compete with UConn, Cuse, GT, Louisville, Marqette, West Virginia now, Pitt,Nova, and ND. And not to mention the other teams who aren't big recruiters, but always have good years here and there.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

I had enough of Norm. Duke is not renewing the contract with St. John's
indifferent.gif
They said that? Wow.

Edit:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01252009/sports/college/duke_says_no_more_to_st__johns_series_151917.htmhttp://www.nypost.com/seven/01252009...ies_151917.htmhttp://www.nypost.com/sev...01252009...ies_151917.htm

St. John's scored a huge win over Rutgers last night in the Garden, but the Red Storm are losing one of their marquee drawing cards. The Post has learned Duke has decided not to renew the series with the Red Storm, which early on produced two of the classic regular-season games in college basketball history.

The Red Storm host Duke on Feb. 19 and then will make a return trip to Cameron Indoor Stadium next season, but that will be the last game in the series. The decision is Duke's.

"I'm not aware that's the plan," St. John's athletic director Chris Monasch told The Post.

A source in the St. John's program said the loss of Duke would be easily overcome. Several other high-profile programs, including UCLA, which would love an opportunity to come to the metropolitan area, have contacted St. John's about a series.

In 1999, Duke, led by future NBA star Elton Brand, edged St. John's, led by future NBA star Ron Artest, 92-88 in OT in the Garden. St. John's got revenge the following season when it scored an 83-82 upset of the Blue Devils in Cameron.

smh.gif
That's awful. The same thing happened to our football team. We had Texas and Ohio State scheduled to come to the Carrier Dome this year andnext but after our 2007 season they both canceled and paid the buyout fee. It'll be a plus if UCLA actually wants to play you guys.

roll.gif
Talking about Chase's draft stock. "He's a thug",sounding like those idiots on the Yahoo boards right now. Budinger is soft bo.

G'Town lost again?
eek.gif
Wow. Talk about being an inexperienced team.

The 1 thing that irks me the most about the administration is that every other team at St. John's has been successful. Why in the world can't theymaximize their profits and put out a good basketball product? It's a freaking joke. Although being able to hit up UCLA would be
pimp.gif

Bud is maybe soft. But he's still a 1st round pick. Whether you like it or not. His athletic and shooting ability is still better than 90% of NCAA players.Problem is he's not aggressive enough. The other dude, well like I said, if he plays in the ABL in 3 years I'd give him a standing ovation.

I don't mean to bust Allen's balls, but I'm not too impressed with Georgetown this year. I can't see them going farther than the Sweet 16 atbest.

I don't mean to bust Allen's balls, but I'm not too impressed with Georgetown this year. I can't see them going farther than the Sweet 16 at best.

It was a classic trap game for them, but I still like this squad. They have two really good players with Summers and Monroe. If they feed Greg correctly theywin period.

I'm prob one of the few people that actually like Gonzo. If he was a normal human being, he would be huge.

Dude acts like he is 4 years old. Luis Flores was that dude though.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

wish G'Town wasn't coming off on a loss
barring a horrible performance, we won't be. SHU on sunday

Damn allen. You had to jinx G'Town right?
laugh.gif
Now you come into the shoe on a 2 game losing streak and that makes the game even more difficult for us towin. Today is more evidence of how tough it is to win a game on the road in the BE.

Originally Posted by SHUGES

I agree Rell.

Jimmy needs to give those guys some burn. I suspect Joseph isn't a hard worker though (look at that free throw percentage
sick.gif
). So Jimmy is not gonna reward him with pt.

We have 4 losses now. But 3 are in conference and 1 was that fluke to Cleveland St on the half court heave. So I think we're still in good shape.

Next 4 games are at Providence, WVU at home, at Nova, and at UConn. Yikes.

Three out of 4 with one of the wins being against UConn would put us in great position for the stretch run.

Realistically though, a split is probably what we can expect.
Yea our crowd is so annoying and boring. We get no chants going at all. The whole game people just complained about the damn refs. All mad likeDevo didn't push off. There were a FEW no calls, but they went both ways. I prefer letting them play.

Its not the refs anytime would give up as many second chance shots and points as we you will lose everytime. They missed so many shots and they would knockdown the second one or clean up inside. Again when a team has any good inside presence AO and Jackson just disappear. We had no inside game at all.

Jonny isn't the best point guard in the country. I am not trying to rip him, but people gas him up way too much. He had a bad game all around. He just trysto create too much and turns it over. Then you saw some of his awful @#@*%## shots he took. Devo played pretty good but they way he has changed since hisinjury is crazy. He has become a jump shooter. How many times have you seen his lefty this year?

Louisville had wicked talent and size. Seems like TWill and Clark got a clue this year with what they're doing. You don't wanna see them when theirrolling like this. Now we need to beat Providence...needs a road win. I think we can take Nova and WVU but not expecting much vs Uconn.

The team is so inconsistent. Still trying to figure some ++!$ out. G'Town looks the same way.

Rautins feel bad for him
smh.gif

Will watch it in the morning, don't wana see that +*%% tonight.

Hype?

The 20 wins I said they'd get before the year started?

....Last year I pegged the number at 24...and it was 24....this year I see 20 wins.

Overall, a shot at a Sweet 16 and if things break right...MAYBE one more round....or of course we could be gone in the first round....it's all match ups.

The Big East is brutal....probably a 5th or 6th place finish.
I know the program like the back of my hand from an overall perspective.

Doesn't make it acceptable, doesn't lower my disgust or the surprise of it....but a game or 2 like this was going to be dropped at some point.

Things have to improve.
and then right after cincy, you have us on the road saturday, just wanted to point that out
tongue.gif

Ya at least we won't be disadvantaged in the front court.

thanks.
(o_O) Why didn't you just do the online session Allen???
laugh.gif

long story. beamer is in a junkyard somewhere.

had to be done today.

Life sucks.

Back
Top Bottom