The College Basketball Post

People said they wouldn't win it all in 04 with that group. This group is collectively better as a team and much deeper. Not as many great individuals, buta 10 man deep team instead of just 7. They go it this year.

Other than injuries, there is no need to go 10 deep.

Sean May made the 04 team better until this group wins it all.

FSU O is such garbage. LH is a terrible coach. IDC how many 4 or 5* players he gets, the man just flat out cannot coach
smh.gif

Originally Posted by MDterps4

What are you all talking about. This is COLLEGE basketball! Any good team can beat a great team like UNC on any given night. UNC plays in the best conference in the country (yea I said it). Ya'll acting like UNC is some unstoppable juggernaut.
laugh.gif
Duke and Maryland are just two teams that will definitely beat UNC this year.
pimp.gif

UNC WILL NOT win the National Championship, I'm willing to bet on that.
Yo, can you seriously shut the $@*% up?!

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

What are you all talking about. This is COLLEGE basketball! Any good team can beat a great team like UNC on any given night. UNC plays in the best conference in the country (yea I said it). Ya'll acting like UNC is some unstoppable juggernaut.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Would you like to bet that UNC will win the National Championship? If not, please don't talk.

I
laugh.gif
at people that get mad because I show support for my team. Cats were given me e-lip when I said Maryland will beat Michigan State and it happened. Maryland is LEGIT this year, it's only a matter of time before NT opens their eyes. Anyways, let me restate this:

Maryland will beat UNC and Duke this year (at least once each).
pimp.gif

I can't wait to quote myself later in the season...
glasses.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Would you like to bet that UNC will win the National Championship? If not, please don't talk.

I
laugh.gif
at people that get mad because I show support for my team. Cats were given me e-lip when I said Maryland will beat Michigan State and it happened. Maryland is LEGIT this year, it's only a matter of time before NT opens their eyes. Anyways, let me restate this:

pimp.gif

glasses.gif
why don't you quote yourself on maryland winning that little preseason tourney they were in last week.. the one you said they'd win? theone they got destroyed in 2 of the 3 games... remember?

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

glasses.gif

There's a difference between supporting your team and spewing blatantly outrageous prognostications. Be real with yourself here. You honestly thinkMaryland will beat UNC AT LEAST once this season? We gave you lip cause you came in with your chest out after you beat MSU then went ghost like Patrick Swayzewhen they lost their next 2 games, BADLY might I add.

Then you have the nerve to call out Georgetown fans when they beat you HEAD TO HEAD. And the game wasn't even close. UNC just dismantled MSU in Detroit,basically a home game for MSU, by 30+. That win over MSU is suddenly starting to look suspect for Maryland.

I'm glad there's an ignore button on NT, cause I'm 'bout to George Bush that son of a %%%+* right now.

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

glasses.gif

There's a difference between supporting your team and spewing blatantly outrageous prognostications. Be real with yourself here. You honestly think Maryland will beat UNC AT LEAST once this season? We gave you lip cause you came in with your chest out after you beat MSU then went ghost like Patrick Swayze when they lost their next 2 games, BADLY might I add.

Then you have the nerve to call out Georgetown fans when they beat you HEAD TO HEAD. And the game wasn't even close. UNC just dismantled MSU in Detroit, basically a home game for MSU, by 30+. That win over MSU is suddenly starting to look suspect for Maryland.

I'm glad there's an ignore button on NT, cause I'm 'bout to George Bush that son of a %%%+* right now.
How does the MSU win "suddenly" look suspect? They lost to UNC, the number one team in thecountry, the team that all of NT obviously thinks is unbeatable this year. Don't get me wrong, UNC is a damn good team and the best in the country at thispoint in time, but they're still beatable. Do I honestly think we will beat UNC this year? Absolutely. Everyone wants to knock on Gary, but he alwaysgets his team ready to play in big games. If you don't remember, we gave UNC their first loss last year in Chapel Hill, and nobody thought we could do it. This is COLLEGE Basketball, emotions are high, and sometimes people do great things with their emotions. Like I said, I'm willing to bet on it, and bestbelieve when the time comes there will be money on the line.
pimp.gif

Georgetown fans, here's my apology to you guys. We got handled and I can't really argue with that. But until Maryland gets the respect we deserve andstops getting
laugh.gif
's every time something positive is said about themyou can count on me to hype the Terps up. If you don't like it, sorry, go ahead and put me on ignore. You won't hurt my feelings.

For what it's worth, I'm just tired of NIT after NIT, and I deeply believe this is the year the Terps turn it around. I'm excited! Then again,when the season is all said and done, my posts won't sound so much like "blatantly outrageous prognostications" (I like that one, seriously
smokin.gif
).

P.S. Greivis Vasquez is putting in work this year. ACC player of the year? Possibly... OK, I'll stop.
laugh.gif

What makes UNC look so great this year is that Ty Lawson is playing out of this world. He has finally realized his potential coming out of high school, byplaying ball hawking defense and using his speed and strength after making steals. Other than Blake Griffin, Lawson is playing as well as anyone in thecountry.

Secondly is the improvement of UNC's players overall. Every time Hans has played he has been great, Green has been putting it together as well asEllington. Deon Thompson provides Hans some relief, then you have Davis who is an improvement over Stepheson as Drew is over Thomas. Will Graves has turnedinto a solid contributor. They just come in waves and if you cannot match them scoring wise you have little chance of winning.

Originally Posted by kylewatson3

What makes UNC look so great this year is that Ty Lawson is playing out of this world. He has finally realized his potential coming out of high school, by playing ball hawking defense and using his speed and strength after making steals. Other than Blake Griffin, Lawson is playing as well as anyone in the country.

Secondly is the improvement of UNC's players overall. Every time Hans has played he has been great, Green has been putting it together as well as Ellington. Deon Thompson provides Hans some relief, then you have Davis who is an improvement over Stepheson as Drew is over Thomas. Will Graves has turned into a solid contributor. They just come in waves and if you cannot match them scoring wise you have little chance of winning.
Well put.

This team is ridiculous. I'm sitting there watching this game and we go on little runs after little runs. We have pretty much done that same thing to everyteam we have played this year. What I love to see is DG gets hot and hits a couple shots in a row. He has been lacking that his whole career and this yearhe's out there lighting it up. Also Ty's play and Deon's play has vastly improved this year, which makes this team that much more better than lastyears. I haven't seen enough of UConn or Pitt this year to get a feel for how good they are and their potential, but at this point in our season, I'dbe suprised if we lost a game that didn't occur in its last seconds.

MDTerps- The ACC is not the best conference at all. Big East is much much more loaded than the ACC. Hell we barely won the ACC/Big-10 Challenge this year.

And a question to the non-unc fans... Despite the distaste for Hansbrough, do you/did you think this team was fun to watch?

hopefully blake doesn't go insane on us later today. maybe if we hold him to 20 and 10 we might have a shot, but i highly doubt that. he should get around20 rebounds with usc's weak *++ rebounding

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
was thinking the same thing when i read that bull %#!%.

24 NBA Scouts To Watch Griffin Vs. DeRozan

Oklahoma has received requests for passes from 24 pro scouts for their game Thursday versus Southern California.

Blake Griffin and DeMar DeRozan are both likely to be amongst the first few selections in the 2010 NBA draft.

i guess when you avg 25 and 19 you can wear whatever the +%#$ you want.

no idea what that's from btw.

Originally Posted by Brian Cushing

hopefully blake doesn't go insane on us later today. maybe if we hold him to 20 and 10 we might have a shot, but i highly doubt that. he should get around 20 rebounds with usc's weak *++ rebounding

That most likely may be the case for today
smh.gif
btw what's up with Demar? Kid has looked average so far...I know it's early in the season butman
tired.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom