The College Basketball Post

Digger must have meant that Jamie Dixon would actually get them over the "hump" this year...it's been the same $$!# with them for the last fewseasons.

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Pitt, the number 3 team in the country is going to surprise people in March, Digger?

I like Pitt's toughness against UNC moreso than UConn's.
I don't know....we do still have Aldrich, the Hansbrough slayer. Collins would handle Lawson like he did last year....everybody else...eh.

I'll be behind Gary as long as he's our coach. People don't realize that he made this program after the death of Len Bias. The NCAA had sanctionson Maryland and Gary did a great job rebuilding the program. Although his recruiting lacks, he did recruit Walt Williams, Joe Smith, Steve Francis, etc., whowere all phenomenal college players. As for now, I'll admit his recruiting lacks, but you really can't fire him because of what he's done for theprogram. It would be like Syracuse firing Boeheim for missing the NCAA tournament the last two years.

I see the Georgetown fans shied away from my comment about them not beating ranked teams.
laugh.gif

I think UNC would handle KU...I couldn't really see that being close.

the number of teams that can give UNC trouble is very, very few.
I see the Georgetown fans shied away from my comment about them not beating ranked teams.
laugh.gif

cause we had one oppurtunity?
laugh.gif
...what u want me to say? 5games in I don't think the defending back to back Big East champs need to worry about that yet. Memphis will get beat in 10 days for ya, tho

We literally coulda named our score against you guys on Sunday.

I agree with Pitt.

Fields is a big game guy.

And I gotta give it up to Malik. He's a NTER
pimp.gif

It's a cliche, but the only team beating UNC is themselves. At this point, their best is in a league of their own.
he did recruit Walt Williams, Joe Smith, Steve Francis, etc.
I wouldn't really count Stevie Franchise. He went to Allegany Community and that school is basically a prep school for UMD to see if playersare good enough (or if they have grade issues.) And let's not get into the list of players from the area who got away (Durant, Beasley, Gay, Melo, D. West,Badsden, etc.) I like Gary, but the Terps will be doomed for mediocrity with rare flashes of greatness unless they move on.

Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Pitt, the number 3 team in the country is going to surprise people in March, Digger?

I like Pitt's toughness against UNC moreso than UConn's.
I don't know....we do still have Aldrich, the Hansbrough slayer. Collins would handle Lawson like he did last year....everybody else...eh.

Y'all are definitly better than I thought y'all would be. Aldrich is no joke and that boy morningstar can play as well. But y'all would getsquashed by UNC. No one to stop Ellington or Green.

I like Pitt and I think they could body UNC, but UNC is to quick for Pitt. While Fields is a big-game player, I think UNC's wing play would be too much.UNC is simply too stacked.

There ain't anybody in the country that can play with UNC this year, IMO...

It's just scary how deep they are across the board... And they can play and be successful at just about any style game you wanna play... They'lldictate the tempo 95% of the time, but if they've gotta slow down they can just pound it with Hansbrough and get busy in the half-court...

wow does mich st suck this much? its like they gave up already. every shot down court is a jump shot from 15 feet out? slow down an set up your offense

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

It's a cliche, but the only team beating UNC is themselves. At this point, their best is in a league of their own.
he did recruit Walt Williams, Joe Smith, Steve Francis, etc.
I wouldn't really count Stevie Franchise. He went to Allegany Community and that school is basically a prep school for UMD to see if players are good enough (or if they have grade issues.) And let's not get into the list of players from the area who got away (Durant, Beasley, Gay, Melo, D. West, Badsden, etc.) I like Gary, but the Terps will be doomed for mediocrity with rare flashes of greatness unless they move on.

I'm sure Gary recruited Durant, Beasley, Melo, etc.... What more could he have done to make them want to go to Maryland other than a littlemoney under the table or a free escalade?
laugh.gif

As for Gay, well, he's the reason I hate UCONN/Jim Calhoun. Calhoun "sponsored" Gay's AAU team and paid the team $25,000 just to show up atsome sort of tournament. Calhoun's sneaky ##$ obviously did it so Gay would commit! I do like Thabeet though...
laugh.gif

Problem is with Pitt...or even Uconn...no guarantee they even get to the point to match up..

I do like Pitt cause Sam Young could kill against them and be a guy that can get the bucket when needed.

but it's such a long way to go.

Ty Lawson recently said the only team he couldn't out run was G'Town..due to styles/transition D....but we'd get manhandled on the glass and haveway too much foul trouble.

If Louisville every got it together...they could be tough. but who knows.

It's tough to even find teams that could give them a game, let alone win.

I mean, MSU is a good team with or without Suton...and they are getting run off the floor.

Problem is with Pitt...or even Uconn...no guarantee they even get to the point to match up..

I do like Pitt cause Sam Young could kill against them and be a guy that can get the bucket when needed.

but it's such a long way to go.

Ty Lawson recently said the only team he couldn't out run was G'Town..due to styles/transition D....but we'd get manhandled on the glass and have way too much foul trouble.

If Louisville every got it together...they could be tough. but who knows.

It's tough to even find teams that could give them a game, let alone win.

I mean, MSU is a good team with or without Suton...and they are getting run off the floor.
Exactly, even though i know we would match up well im not even gettin hyped. its like we do the same stuff every yr. Run the big east (punintended) lol then once torny time comes..3rd round where out
tired.gif

Vitale...reminds me...I'd throw Gonzaga in as a team that could give them a game on a good night.

What are you all talking about. This is COLLEGE basketball! Any good team can beat a great team like UNC on any given night. UNC plays in the best conferencein the country (yea I said it). Ya'll acting like UNC is some unstoppable juggernaut.
laugh.gif
Duke and Maryland are just two teams that will definitely beatUNC this year.
pimp.gif

UNC WILL NOT win the National Championship, I'm willing to bet on that.

Vitale...reminds me...I'd throw Gonzaga in as a team that could give them a game on a good night.

Co-sign. They are the second deepest team in the country to me. Daye, Bouldin, Downs, Pargo, Heytvelt etc. They are the only ones who I think would have thebalance to maybe contend with UNC.

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

laugh.gif
Told ya.

what, that UNC was good?
laugh.gif
UNC fans say that every damn day of theyear... just because it's actually true now doesn't make up for all the times you guys were wrong.

my bad if you're talking about something else though..

Back
Top Bottom