The College Basketball Post

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

laugh.gif
Told ya.

what, that UNC was good?
laugh.gif
UNC fans say that every damn day of the year... just because it's actually true now doesn't make up for all the times you guys were wrong.

my bad if you're talking about something else though..
-Heels will pull away in the 2nd half and beat MSU by 23+
sick.gif
@ Ty having 17 & 8, with 7 steals and 0 turnovers. This fool is balling out of his %$$*%%@ mind right now.

And to my MDTerps dude, you've been a fan of the Terps long enough to know how this team will end up. they'll be around that 17-11 mark and putthemselves on the bubble and get left out...again. Their offense is awful. They have NOBODY who can penetrate outside of Greasy, and he's so damninconsistent, I'd never want to put a team on his shoulders. I'm PG county born and bred, but the Terps won't finish in the top 5 of the ACC andwill go 0-6 against UNC/Duke and Wake. Bet on that.

Man having to play UNC twice and possibly three times is scary. MSU will have a down year this but will still come in second or third in a very weak Big-10,but i think they will be good next year.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Originally Posted by Ricardo Malta

Originally Posted by MDterps4

What are you all talking about. This is COLLEGE basketball! Any good team can beat a great team like UNC on any given night. UNC plays in the best conference in the country (yea I said it). Ya'll acting like UNC is some unstoppable juggernaut.
laugh.gif
Duke and Maryland are just two teams that will definitely beat UNC this year.
pimp.gif

UNC WILL NOT win the National Championship, I'm willing to bet on that.
Yo, can you seriously shut the $@*% up?!

laugh.gif
was thinking the same thing when i read that bull %#!%.
Come the end of the season, everything I said except maybe the ACC being the best conference will turn out to be true. It's not really a wildprediction like ya'll are making it seem. Duke and Maryland beat UNC last year and although the Heels have made improvements since last season, so haveDuke and Maryland. Take a look back at this thread when Conference play starts, all the way I up March. I won't look so stupid when the time comes...
smokin.gif

I really hope Derrick Roland is healthy for tomorrow night's game...he's pretty much our only chance of stopping Air Bud.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif
Told ya.

what, that UNC was good?
laugh.gif
UNC fans say that every damn day of the year... just because it's actually true now doesn't make up for all the times you guys were wrong.

my bad if you're talking about something else though..
-Heels will pull away in the 2nd half and beat MSU by 23+
sick.gif
@ Ty having 17 & 8, with 7 steals and 0 turnovers. This fool is balling out of his %$$*%%@ mind right now.

And to my MDTerps dude, you've been a fan of the Terps long enough to know how this team will end up. they'll be around that 17-11 mark and put themselves on the bubble and get left out...again. Their offense is awful. They have NOBODY who can penetrate outside of Greasy, and he's so damn inconsistent, I'd never want to put a team on his shoulders. I'm PG county born and bred, but the Terps won't finish in the top 5 of the ACC and will go 0-6 against UNC/Duke and Wake. Bet on that.

Well, if you're making this statement based on the past few seasons, I have to disagree with you. The last few years we've been on thebubble missed out on the Dance, but we've beaten at least one of the top teams in the Conference (Duke, UNC). Although I hated the dude and though Garyshould never let him see the court again, Dave Neal has been the difference this year. Dude's decent rebounding the ball and hits the three every now andthen.

*#@% ya'll, I'm done trying to explain myself! I'll just sit back this season and watch Gary and the Terps surprise the country. I'm notsaying by any means that we're a final four team or anything, but we'll be much better than the Nation thinks we are. We will go 3-3 or better againstUNC/Duke/Wake. Bet on that!

laugh.gif
What bubble you talkin about? Ya'll ain't been CLOSE to thetourny in the past few years
laugh.gif

Bubble
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

laugh.gif
What bubble you talkin about? Ya'll ain't been CLOSE to the tourny in the past few years
laugh.gif

Bubble
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Side Note- InMyMind
I $*#* WITH YOUR BLOG....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
Thanks for checking it out homie...$$@% been gettin me in troublethough...I got a broad threatening to kill me and everything.

Originally Posted by MessiahChild

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

laugh.gif
What bubble you talkin about? Ya'll ain't been CLOSE to the tourny in the past few years
laugh.gif

Bubble
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Side Note- InMyMind
I $*#* WITH YOUR BLOG....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Nothings changed…If I had a whole pocket of $!$!# I still wouldn't give one. You take anything I say out of context…that's your problem not mines. I'm not about to re-write a damn thing or remove anything. Any of you %#$$*! who got a problem with anything I say…you can't beat me…and we ain't gon fight you…we gon KILL YA. I'm not sitting down have no peace discussions…no talking it out…we gon KILL YA. So you lames think about this the next time you wanna pop off in an email, instant message…or blow my phone up 50 times. Just stop reading…it's that easy.
myspace-funny-pictures111.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

laugh.gif
I'm saying man...it ain't my fault $$#!$% ran trains on yourgirl. Why get mad at me for being 1/30 that participated
laugh.gif
$$#!$%talking about lets sit down and talk about it like men....No sir
shakeheadno.gif

Originally Posted by HighRiser07

Originally Posted by Brian Cushing

hopefully blake doesn't go insane on us later today. maybe if we hold him to 20 and 10 we might have a shot, but i highly doubt that. he should get around 20 rebounds with usc's weak *++ rebounding

That most likely may be the case for today
smh.gif
btw what's up with Demar? Kid has looked average so far...I know it's early in the season but man
tired.gif
i think there are a couple of reasons. first, he really isn't being aggressive enough. i know he said he wants to be more patient than oj, butsometimes he just has to take the initiative. i was expecting a couple of dunks by now, but i really haven't seen any. second, tim floyd's offensivesystem isn't good at all. it's so hard for them to score sometimes

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

Oh, and i just simply think Michigan State is overrated.. Maybe its just me.
they'll be alright come March. They need to get healthy, and Izzo is gonna have them playing good ball down the stretch. They aren'tplaying well at all right now, but some of that is just UNC being a very good team.

what's with these pics in here the last few pages?
laugh.gif

Good games tonight
pimp.gif

UNC
sick.gif
pimp.gif

And I don't know why you guys think Pitt would fair well against them. I don't see it at all. UNC would run all over them. The only team I seecompeting with UNC for it all is UConn. Not to say UNC won't lose here and there, they need to, but in March that's the only team I can see beatingthem. UNC vs UConn National title game please ...

Draft Watch: Curry's driving up charts

We're two full weeks into the college basketball season, and NBA scouts are out in force, filling their databases with every detail about every top player in the country.

Early on, the sentiment remains the same as it has all summer -- much like the U.S. economy, the overall quality of NBA draft prospects is in a recession this year.

Part of the blame lies with the inordinate amount of young players who bolted for the NBA last season. Another big part has to do with an incoming freshman class that is just so-so. Finally, there are only a few international hotshots who warrant much attention this year. Put that all together and very few teams are expressing much excitement about the draft class of 2009.

Still, there are some bright spots beginning to emerge.

Here's the first of what will be a weekly look at the top prospects in the draft. For a more complete picture of the draft, check out our updated 2009 Top 100.
[h2]The Good[/h2]
19213.jpg

Blake Griffin, PF, Oklahoma
We began our 2009 Top 100 in July with Griffin atop the list. From the look of things, he's staying there the rest of the year.

He has absolutely dominated on both ends of the court -- putting up a Michael Beasley-esque performance in the pre-Big 12 schedule this season. Griffin's combination of size, strength and athleticism, along with his growing offensive prowess, make him the overwhelming favorite to be the No. 1 pick in the draft. Right now, there isn't a close second.

19087.jpg

Stephen Curry, G, Davidson
While Blake Griffin is the best big-man prospect in the country, Curry is quickly emerging as the best guard prospect.

Everyone knew he was one of the top scorers in the country. But since being moved to the point-guard position, he has shown he can be an excellent passer and floor leader while still dropping 30 a night on an opponent. And when teams double-team him the whole game (as Loyola, Md., did), he's content to stay out of the way and let the rest of his team play 4-on-3.

His lack of size and athleticism is the only thing keeping him from being mentioned as a possible No. 1 pick. As it stands right now, Curry looks like a lock for the top 10, and could even crack the top 5.

19221.jpg

James Harden, SG, Arizona State
Stephen Curry's biggest competition for the title of best guard prospect comes from Harden. Harden had as good a freshman season as Kevin Love and O.J. Mayo, but he didn't get any of the hype. With Love and Mayo plying their wares in the NBA, the stage was set for Harden, and he has delivered.

We all knew Harden was an amazing scorer, but his improvement at rebounding, playing tough defense and dishing out assists have scouts calling him the most complete guard in the country. Think the second coming of Brandon Roy.

19024.jpg

Hasheem Thabeet, C, UConn
I've been among Thabeet's biggest skeptics, but I'm quickly running out of allies. More and more scouts appear convinced that the big man from UConn is finally able to deliver. We always knew Thabeet could block shots and run the floor. But his improved rebounding and confidence on the offensive end have more scouts calling him a top-5 lock.

In fact, with a few more supporters, he could become the consensus No. 2 pick in the draft. I'm still skeptical of the Dikembe Mutombo comparisons, but there's no doubt he made the right move skipping the draft the past two years. Thabeet is finally learning how to play basketball, and at 7-foot-3, he has the chance to make a real impact now.

19174.jpg

Jordan Hill, PF, Arizona
Hill dropped a double-double in five of his first six games. He finally seems to be living up to the potential we saw in him as a freshman. NBA scouts still worry about his lack of strength, but his intensity around the basket, his improved shot-blocking and his bigger role in the offense are giving him a great shot at landing somewhere in the lottery next summer.

19265.jpg

Greg Monroe, F/C, Georgetown
The freshman class has largely been a disappointment out of the gate, but Monroe hasn't. Knocked by scouts coming into the season because of his lack of fire, Monroe has played a critical role for Georgetown in the early going. More importantly, he has shown an excellent motor and passion for the game. If he continues to improve, he has the chance to be the first freshman off the board on draft night.

19034.jpg

Ty Lawson, PG, North Carolina
Lawson has his fair share of fans already in the NBA. But the consensus last season was that his game just wouldn't translate well to the league. However, after a series of good workouts for NBA teams leading up to the draft, scouts are giving him a second look, and they like what they see.

Lawson was the MVP of the Maui Classic, and he really deserved it. He has cut down on turnovers (sporting a ridiculous 6-to-1 assist-to-turnover ratio) and he has improved his outside jumper. If he can lead UNC to an NCAA title, he'll have a shot at getting back into the lottery.

19156.jpg

Cole Aldrich, C, Kansas
There's nothing sexy about Aldrich's game. But he's big, skilled and a better athlete than you might think. He's gotten better with every game he's played for Kansas. Given his size and skill set, he looks like a lock to be off the board in the first round, and has a real shot at the lottery if he keeps improving throughout the season.

19171.jpg

Gani Lawal, PF, Georgia Tech
Lawal had a lackluster freshman year at Georgia Tech. This year, however, the sophomore is really starting to play up to his potential. His long arms, uber-athleticism and motor have always made him a favorite of scouts. But it has been his surprising success on the offensive end that now has scouts talking about him as a potential lottery pick in June.

19183.jpg

Victor Claver, F, Spain
Not all the news out of the international camp is bad right now. Claver has been on the radar for a couple of years, after a standout performance in the Reebok Eurocamp in 2007. But a so-so 2008 year saw him fall out of the picture. He's back this season, and putting up impressive numbers for a 20-year-old at Parmesa Valencia. Given his athleticism and versatility, he has the chance to be the second international player taken in the draft next year.

[h2]The Bad[/h2]
19272.jpg

Ricky Rubio, PG, Spain
Rubio turned a lot of heads in the Olympics, but has begun the season with a whimper. A wrist injury kept him out the first month of the season in Spain. In the long run, the injury is not a big deal, but with players like Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry and James Harden dominating in the U.S., his position as a potential No. 1 pick in the draft seems to be slipping by the day. In the long run, that might be a good thing for Rubio. But in the short term, his draft stock is taking a hit.

19269.jpg

B.J. Mullens, C, Ohio State
On potential, Mullens might have been the most intriguing name in the draft coming into the season. However, after his first three games at Ohio State, you wonder if he has what it takes to deliver in a big way as a freshman. Mullens has great athletic ability, but it's clear he's still learning the game and not ready to be playing 30-40 minutes a night.

Thad Motta seems to be willing to be patient with Mullens. It looks like NBA scouts will have to be, too. By September, some scouts were projecting him as a potential No. 1 pick. Right now, it looks like the best-case scenario would be him returning for his sophomore season.

19261.jpg

Brandon Jennings, PG, Lottomatica Roma
Jennings isn't exactly lighting it up in Europe. He's averaging 4.9 ppg and 3 apg with 28 percent shooting in 17.3 mpg in his first eight games for Lottomatica Roma. It's too early to be harsh. When you factor in all the difficulties he faces (a new environment, new system, intense scrutiny) he has held up fairly well. But he hasn't really helped his stock much by making the move. While plenty of his college counterparts are dominating, we're still stuck talking about potential with Jennings.

[h4]Rest of the Best[/h4]
19026.jpg

Chase Budinger from Arizona hasn't reached lottery status yet, but has a chance if he keeps up his hot start. Check out the rest of the players that are on the verge of making the top list. Insider

Demar DeRozan, G/F, USC
It's tough to find a young player more disappointing in the early going. On paper, he has all the tools to be a breakout star. He has an NBA body, is an explosive scorer and landed on a team in desperate need of a star. But through the first six games of the year, DeRozan has looked very ordinary, and so have the Trojans.

Gerald Henderson, SG, Duke
Henderson has been on the radar since he was a high school senior. But why hasn't he taken his game to the next level? While a few scouts blame Duke's system, most are beginning to write him off.

Chad Ford covers the NBA for ESPN Insider.

I called that Harden-Roy comparison awhile back.

Back
Top Bottom