The College Basketball Post

As for Flynn he is irreplaceable but for some reason I see him staying
Same here. It never really crossed my mind that he'd leave after this year. Let's wait a bit until Big East play and see how much hebeasts against other guards. He'll get more than enough competition from the other Big East guards and will be a good gauge of Flynn's NBA readiness.

Could this be the year the big 10 finally wins the challenge?
laugh.gif

I only see 3-4 sure things for the ACC this year... but it may come down to PSU beating Ga.Tech for the title
laugh.gif
which i don't like our chances in.

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

flynn is def gonna go pro if hes a lottery pick. which i think he will be. thoughts?

i mean...i think he is a lottery pick right now but he seems like a kid that wants to win in college and seems to enjoy playing in college, and supposedly hisdad is a preacher and thinks getting an education is very important but who really knows what goes through these dudes heads, i love college but if u tell meto throw that out the window and make NBA money-im out, but for cuses' sake I hope he stays, it wouldnt hurt for him to talk to that bum @$+ Donte Greeneand see how much he regrets leavin

I only see 3-4 sure things for the ACC this year... but it may come down to PSU beating Ga.Tech for the title
laugh.gif
which i don't like our chances in.
Eh, easy champ
laugh.gif

Here's who I have winning their respective games:
Wisconsin
UNC
Purdue
Clemson
Miami
Minnesota
Iowa
Wake Forest
sick.gif
(that beatdown to IU is gonna be so ugly)
Maryland (though I want them to lose)
FSU
Georgia Tech

That would make it 7 to 4 in favor of the ACC. Maybe next year?
laugh.gif

I like Wiskey, Purdue, and Minnesota as nearly sure things for the big ten.

Then UNC, FSU and Wake as sure things for the ACC.

But every other game I'd call a tossup. Illinois is a favorite, Iowa will give BC all they want, Miami is consistently overrated while OSU a bit underratedthis year, we saw how "tough" maryland really is the 2nd two games of that tourney, and Penn State will more than likely lose but have a chance towin late in that game (as they usually do).

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

flynn is def gonna go pro if hes a lottery pick. which i think he will be. thoughts?

i mean...i think he is a lottery pick right now but he seems like a kid that wants to win in college and seems to enjoy playing in college, and supposedly his dad is a preacher and thinks getting an education is very important but who really knows what goes through these dudes heads, i love college but if u tell me to throw that out the window and make NBA money-im out, but for cuses' sake I hope he stays, it wouldnt hurt for him to talk to that bum @$+ Donte Greene and see how much he regrets leavin

laugh.gif
Donte doesn't regret leaving at all. He was at SU a couple ofweeks ago but no one knew. The Kings have that man living lavishly or so he says. They bought him a house and BMW 750.

eek.gif
When did Paul Harris have another kid? He better stop messing with themducks. He is not ready for the NBA plain and simple. He needs to have a jumpshot because other than his strength and rebounding I don't know too many teamslooking for an undersized small forward.

Ya'll keep thinking that Jonny is a preacher's boy and can't do wrong. Like you said, who knows what goes through these dudes heads. None of themcats on scholarship that have potential to play ball professionally are going to class, if they do its every once in a while.

SU is 7-0
pimp.gif

wow..what a comeback!!

Va Tech will have a chance to tie or win... very uncharacteristic of a Wiskey team to look so unorganized in a late game situation.

And a nice cheap shot on Krabbenhoft on that first free-throw... typical Greenberg move to have his guy check a player like that.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Originally Posted by PauliePeppas

i mean...i think he is a lottery pick right now but he seems like a kid that wants to win in college and seems to enjoy playing in college, and supposedly his dad is a preacher and thinks getting an education is very important but who really knows what goes through these dudes heads, i love college but if u tell me to throw that out the window and make NBA money-im out, but for cuses' sake I hope he stays, it wouldnt hurt for him to talk to that bum @$+ Donte Greene and see how much he regrets leavin
eek.gif
When did Paul Harris have another kid? He better stop messing with them ducks. He is not ready for the NBA plain and simple. He needs to have a jumpshot because other than his strength and rebounding I don't know too many teams looking for an undersized small forward.

Ya'll keep thinking that Jonny is a preacher's boy and can't do wrong. Like you said, who knows what goes through these dudes heads. None of them cats on scholarship that have potential to play ball professionally are going to class, if they do its every once in a while.

SU is 7-0
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

I could have swore he has 2 kids.

And I just think Jonny will stay. But I am sure he isn't all hes caked up to be.

7-0
pimp.gif

A few easy ones and then at Memphis

eek.gif

DAMNNNNN NICE FINISH.

Way for the Wisconsin guy to get to the rac. He didn't try to waste time and pop a 3.

Theres one for the big ten.

Does any other school have this many buzzer beaters hit on them? Good Lord. This game, Xavier, UNC last year, Clemson and GT I think last year, Duke hitting ahalf court shot. $#$! is ridiculous.

Flynn is probably 5'10, 5'11 max...so he'd have to kill ala DJ this year to go lottery. But he's first round, easy.

As far as Paul...no doubt he wants to. He seems to be in the same boat as D. Summers

Isn't paul's kid about 6 now? ...friend of mine hooped AAU with him and I swear he had a kid back when we were in HS...I'm now 22

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

laugh.gif
these are the kinds of losses that drive fans to sprint all the way back home after the game.
laugh.gif
Nah you can ask anybody currently in the room with me, I wasn't even surprised or upset when this just happened. As dude was dribblingdowncourt, I just said "I hope we don't screw it up like we did last time."
laugh.gif
Sure enough...

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Flynn is probably 5'10, 5'11 max...so he'd have to kill ala DJ this year to go lottery. But he's first round, easy.

As far as Paul...no doubt he wants to. He seems to be in the same boat as D. Summers

Isn't paul's kid about 6 now? ...friend of mine hooped AAU with him and I swear he had a kid back when we were in HS...I'm now 22
Paul's son should be 4 or 5 at the most.

But every other game I'd call a tossup. Illinois is a favorite, Iowa will give BC all they want, Miami is consistently overrated while OSU a bit underrated this year, we saw how "tough" maryland really is the 2nd two games of that tourney, and Penn State will more than likely lose but have a chance to win late in that game (as they usually do).
I'll ride with Malta (
eek.gif
@ you saying Purdue will beat Dook) and go with 7-4 in favor of the ACC.

Do y'all really think Purdue is that good? cause I have yet to buy into them as a top 10 squad.

I don't like how Purdue matches up with Duke...

the one weakness on Duke, I don't think they have anyone who can take advantage of it.

but they're at home, so IMO It's pretty much a wash...should be good.

Purdue is actually a -2.5 favorite.

....I don't think UNC is a sure thing...tough to doubt them now...but I give MSU a punchers chance in their backyard.

Dickie V

DIAPER DANDY OF THE WEEK: Seth Curry, Liberty.
pimp.gif
hehad 22 in a win over george mason

The 6-3 freshman from Charlotte, whose brother is Davidson star Stephen Curry, helped Ritchie McKay's Flames win three games during the week. Curry had26 points in a huge upset at Virginia. He had 22 points and eight rebounds against Coker, followed by 21 points in 50 minutes during a double-overtime thrillerover William and Mary.

Judging by what you guys are saying about the Big10 vs. ACC, NW is the worst team in the Big 10. I just don't want to see the Noles flail on National TV.

I wouldn't be so sure about calling this game a guarantee W for the Noles. They way we've been playing is on some D2 level $$#%. Unless NW is theequivalent of NAIA school this game is far from a sure thing in my eyes

Originally Posted by blazinjkid

But every other game I'd call a tossup. Illinois is a favorite, Iowa will give BC all they want, Miami is consistently overrated while OSU a bit underrated this year, we saw how "tough" maryland really is the 2nd two games of that tourney, and Penn State will more than likely lose but have a chance to win late in that game (as they usually do).
I'll ride with Malta (
eek.gif
@ you saying Purdue will beat Dook) and go with 7-4 in favor of the ACC.

Do y'all really think Purdue is that good? cause I have yet to buy into them as a top 10 squad.

Yes - they are solid as hell. I was not really buying into them either, but they are tough.

Back
Top Bottom