The College Basketball Post

Alabama
eyes.gif
i don't know how Gottfried still has a job
smh.gif

With how greatly Stephen Curry is raising his stock by scoring so much, anyone else think he'll end up going a hell of a lot higher than he will actuallyamount to be in the NBA?

And am I just a fool for thinking Blake will be better than Beasley?

What has Steph done this year, that he didn't do last year?

He still hasn't shown that he can play a legit PG....It's still early though...

I'm not sure if he has DRASTICALLY improved his stock. I'm sure it has gone up a little bit though.

Dunigan seems to have a lot more length than I remember. As Jay said, he can be a big time player.
pimp.gif

And am I just a fool for thinking Blake will be better than Beasley?
Beasley is struggling right now...but I still think he's more talented.

I'd say Steph has gone from late Rnd 1 to right in the middle of Rnd 1 right now.

What has steph done, that he hasn't done last year?
he's damn near unstoppable now, he was great last year...but he's just taken it to another level this year. I agree, he still hasn'tshown he can run the point...but...he keeps on performing as such, it's just natural for his stock to go up

Originally Posted by dreClark

What has Steph done this year, that he didn't do last year?

He still hasn't shown that he can play a legit PG....It's still early though...

I'm not sure if he has DRASTICALLY improved his stock. I'm sure it has gone up a little bit though.
Wasn't he borderline lottery last year? I've seen him getting a lot of love from top 5 picks. From barely being in the lottery if that totop five is pretty substantial IMO.

I've seen him getting a lot of love from top 5 picks.
that would be a big time reach IMO.

I think he should/would be drafted in the 12-18 range. I don't see any teams wanting an undersized 2/unproven point without incredible athleticism thathigh

Dunigan looking like first round material
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
..just maybe not this year.

I'm thinking you meant he went from like 2nd rd to Top 3.

And Scenario Hillman still has no semblance of a jump shot.

Originally Posted by DaComeUP

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Rumor going around that LaQuinton Ross may commit to UC soon
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I don't anything about dude but any recruit with the
eek.gif
pimp.gif
rating is always good for UC
pimp.gif
. Isn't there a game tonight?

Yea, we're up by 7 at the half right now. If we get the commit from LaQuinton Ross it would be the biggest commitment so far under Mick, and we'd get potentially the best player in the country for the class of 2011.
4-0
happy.gif
. And 2011 is a nice time away
laugh.gif
. But think Mick could be looking at a chip if He can keep putting togetherthese classes. We should have Yancy for all 4 years and Cashmere should be around for awhile since he missed this season. Man its great that UC is on track.They have never been in this position before. The basketball team easily was getting all the pub but now both can share the spotlight. Now if the Reds andBengals can hop on board we can really get this city goin. And I don't like Hockey but the Cyclones did there thing last year too.

kent is a HORRIBLE #$!*#$! COACH. just look at him letting Love and Singler get out of the state of oregon is all that has to be said for now

Porter VS lawson should be a nice matchup 2morrow night speed VS speed

Aldrich might already be the second best TRUE 5 man in the country behind Thabeet. Kid is big and skilled. Big time future.
Jeorme Jordan stop playing bball>?

Originally Posted by RKO2004

RKO2004 wrote:

DaComeUP wrote:

Rumor going around that LaQuinton Ross may commit to UC soon
eek.gif
pimp.gif

I don't anything about dude but any recruit with the
eek.gif
pimp.gif
rating is always good for UC
pimp.gif
. Isn't there a game tonight?

Yea, we're up by 7 at the half right now. If we get the commit from LaQuinton Ross it would be the biggest commitment so far under Mick, and we'd get
potentially the best player in the country for the class of 2011.
4-0
happy.gif
. And 2011 is a nice time away
laugh.gif
. But think Mick could be looking at a chip if He can keep putting together these classes. We should have Yancy for all 4 years and Cashmere should be around for awhile since he missed this season. Man its great that UC is on track. They have never been in this position before. The basketball team easily was getting all the pub but now both can share the spotlight. Now if the Reds and Bengals can hop on board we can really get this city goin. And I don't like Hockey but the Cyclones did there thing last year too.

No chance in hell that Yancey will be at UC for 4 years. UC is definitely on the right track though.

bilde

last night...12-15 from the field, 28 pts, 12 rebs, 6 ast, 4 blocks, 3 steals.

against bums, but whatever.

Not a big fan of Jordan...sure the potential/athleticism/size is there....but you need some production at some point.

doesn't help his case he's already 22 as a junior.

Pitino has alternated starting Andre McGee and Edgar Sosa in the two games so far this season and Pitino doesn't envision anything changing.

``I'm going to keep it that way for the season," Pitino said. ``Both of them are playing well and they bring a lot to the table. I don't want them trying to kill each other in practice."
Yeah, that always works..

Nolan (Albany, NY): Andy, funny how the overrated due to highlight reels and all star game freshmen (Mullens, DeRozan, Evans) have struggledwhile the quiet, solid players (Monroe, Walker, Dunigan) have thrived, isn't it?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (1:16 PM ET ) What would you sayabout Samardo Samuels? He was hyped. And I would agure with you on Greg Monroe.

nerd.gif

Kelvin Sampson resigned as Indiana coach last February amid a burgeoning scandal over NCAA recruiting violations involving improper telephone calls. Now, the NCAA is taking the step to ensure he can't coach a college program for at least five years.
Sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that Sampson, now an assistant with the NBA's Milwaukee Bucks, will receive a five-year show-cause penalty -- one of the harshest the NCAA can levy against an individual -- while the Hoosiers program has been spared a postseason ban. The sources also said Indiana's self-imposed penalties are expected to be upheld. Meanwhile, the Indianapolis Star is reporting that the Hoosiers will receive three years' probation.

Indiana does desreve some punishment here. They knew what they were getting into when they hired Sampson, they cant plead ignorance.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Kelvin Sampson resigned as Indiana coach last February amid a burgeoning scandal over NCAA recruiting violations involving improper telephone calls. Now, the NCAA is taking the step to ensure he can't coach a college program for at least five years.
Sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that Sampson, now an assistant with the NBA's Milwaukee Bucks, will receive a five-year show-cause penalty -- one of the harshest the NCAA can levy against an individual -- while the Hoosiers program has been spared a postseason ban. The sources also said Indiana's self-imposed penalties are expected to be upheld. Meanwhile, the Indianapolis Star is reporting that the Hoosiers will receive three years' probation.

Can't say he doesn't deserve it... he's not the only one who did what he did, but he was dumb enough to keep doing it after havingbeen warned to stop.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Pitino has alternated starting Andre McGee and Edgar Sosa in the two games so far this season and Pitino doesn't envision anything changing.

``I'm going to keep it that way for the season," Pitino said. ``Both of them are playing well and they bring a lot to the table. I don't want them trying to kill each other in practice."
Yeah, that always works..

Nolan (Albany, NY): Andy, funny how the overrated due to highlight reels and all star game freshmen (Mullens, DeRozan, Evans) have struggled while the quiet, solid players (Monroe, Walker, Dunigan) have thrived, isn't it?

sn2.gif
Andy Katz: (1:16 PM ET ) What would you say about Samardo Samuels? He was hyped. And I would agure with you on Greg Monroe.

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

We're coming for you tonight Cuse....it won't be as big a deal for the players, but you can bet that our fans won't forget '03.

Back
Top Bottom