The College Basketball Post

DG
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

NASTY

Who is Better: Volume One (Big East)

I'm watching highlights of the Syracuse game on ESPN after just watching the UCONN game and i was wondering--who do you think is the overall better guard,Kemba Walker or Johnny Flynn...just based on individual talent (not as a consequence of the surrounding cast).

Discuss...

Jonny and at this point it isn't all that close.

And I really, really like Kemba, and I really, really dislike Syracuse.

Flynn right now is far and above Kemba, Flynn has a much more all around game, but when Kemba gets a solid jumper down and learns to play under control 24/7,the kid will be scary

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Bobby Knight commentating appreciation
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

speaks like a real dude, not over analyzing
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

saw that Syracuse highlight, not really looking forward to that L at home
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Yeah....not buyin into this Thomas kid...I have a feeling if he didn't have his name, there'd be a little less talk about him.

Originally Posted by tmay407

For some reason this Reed dude on Kansas reminds me of a young Mark Turgeon...

Turgeon1987.jpg
I see it. Most of my friends marvel at the fact that he's a white guy named Tyrel.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

Who is Better: Volume One (Big East)

I'm watching highlights of the Syracuse game on ESPN after just watching the UCONN game and i was wondering--who do you think is the overall better guard, Kemba Walker or Johnny Flynn...just based on individual talent (not as a consequence of the surrounding cast).

Discuss...
Johnny. He plays just as fast as Kemba but thinks slower (if that makes any sense to anybody) and more precise so he's under control butstill operates at the same speed. Defensively I think they're both just as good on the ball defenders.

Even though you said not to take into account surrounding cast you have to in order to gauge their ability to lead a team. We know Johnny can do it because hehad no choice but to last year. Kemba's situation is drastically different from Johnny's. He comes off the bench and even when he is in the game,he's never the sole ball handler or facilitator of the offense. I'm still weary if Kemba can run a team ala Taliek Brown/El-Amin/Doron Scheffer, etccause he hasn't had to yet. Next year should give us a good idea of whether or not he can be a great point guard due to the graduation of AJ and Austrie.

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Yeah....not buyin into this Thomas kid...I have a feeling if he didn't have his name, there'd be a little less talk about him.
Give it time.

He's not playing within the system and is trying to get off on his own.

I don't think you'll be saying the same thin later in the season.

Romar has said as much.

Sherron is looking good tho'

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by allen3xis

Give it time.

He's not playing within the system and is trying to get off on his own.

I don't think you'll be saying the same thin later in the season.

Romar has said as much.

Sherron is looking good tho'
yeah, but...for a borderline Top 100 kid...he's sure gotten a lot of praise.

Aldrich might already be the second best TRUE 5 man in the country behind Thabeet. Kid is big and skilled. Big time future.

I seriously hope Oregon doesn't win, simply for the fact that the winner plays the tarheels.

Miss St @ Bona...Miss St. are modest 9.5 point favorites. I'm expecting my Bona boys to be competitive, a win would be SURREAL. the Reilly Center is gonnabe rocking, they're geared up for the most anticipated non-conference home game in a long time. i hope the home court advantage can ignite the Bonnies to aGIANT win!

Mediocre coaches + a few dumb players = bad game.

hopefully some better play in the 2nd half.

I THINK Bama can give UNC a better game than Oregon would.

Back
Top Bottom