***The 52nd Annual Grammy Awards Thread***

Originally Posted by MrWavez

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

I don't think some of you understand how big Taylor Swift is. She's more to country/pop than Kanye is to Hip-Hop/Pop. In the end, she'll make Britney-money look like chump change.

And yes, she was well on her way before the VMA crap.

hoooole up hole up...
Brands will (and already are) lining up for endorsements. Her tours will sell out. She'll probably cross over to movies (she's already in Valentine's Day, coming out soon). Barring some huge scandal of some sort, she's just at the beginning of a LONG and profitable career. This has nothing to do with who the better musician is.

4vmhs7.jpg

You guys seriously think no world exists outside of your hip-hop box. Mainstream culture remembers Joe Jonas dumping her on the telephone and her dating the Twilight guy more than they do Kanye interrupting her at the VMA's. Her album was #1 on the billboards for 11 weeks and sold 5 million before the Kanye incident. Her first album, which I'm sure you guys didn't even know existed, sold 4.5 mil.

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Originally Posted by you big dummy

They fixed the censoring for the west coast airing of the Lil Wayne, Eminem, Drake performance

smokin.gif
yea but you missed the katy perry nip slip
pimp.gif
i yahoo imaged katy perry....is that her nude????
nerd.gif

I don't think some of you understand how big Taylor Swift is. She's more to country/pop than Kanye is to Hip-Hop/Pop. In the end, she'll make Britney-money look like chump change.

hoooole up hole up...
Brands will (and already are) lining up for endorsements. Her tours will sell out. She'll probably cross over to movies (she's already in Valentine's Day, coming out soon). Barring some huge scandal of some sort, she's just at the beginning of a LONG and profitable career. This has nothing to do with who the better musician is.

i bet this guy has Taylor bedsheets and matching drapes
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by WarMachine

hoooole up hole up...

i bet this guy has Taylor bedsheets and matching drapes
laugh.gif
Or he just is knowledgeable about the music industry and how country stars can have very long and successful careers without even crossing over to the pop charts, which Taylor has done.

Regardless of how weird Lady Gaga is.. She is a talented artist and is going to be around for a long time. Surprisingly, I enjoyed her performance tonight with Sir Elton John. Prior to tonight, I don't think I ever gave her a fair chance because she was so weird and out there.

No, more people know her because of the Kanye incident, PERIOD. Not saying she wasn't famous before (like you knowing about her getting dumped and whatever else you posted) but I, along with millions, didn't know of her until Kanye blew her up.

Lady Gaga got robbed point blank. Beyonce would have been 2nd place with her boobs rounding 3rd and 4th.

Originally Posted by MaZA4eVeR14

No, more people know her because of the Kanye incident, PERIOD. Not saying she wasn't famous before (like you knowing about her getting dumped and whatever else you posted) but I, along with millions, didn't know of her until Kanye blew her up.

Lady Gaga got robbed point blank. Beyonce would have been 2nd place with her boobs rounding 3rd and 4th.

oh of course more people know about her after the kanye incident, that's not the question.

it's that the people who didnt know about her till that point are not even her target audience. she's a country singing white girl. she doesn't need the hip hop community to sell records.

hoooole up hole up...
I can see what you are trying to argue, but what you fail to realize is that country is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT BEAST than hip-hop...country fans are WAY more devoted and it is a lot easier for a country artist to become a big figure like Taylor Swift.

Back
Top Bottom