***The 52nd Annual Grammy Awards Thread***

Originally Posted by Sighfur

lady gaga looking like the Ultimate Warrior

warrior.jpg
I was thinking more

2570828.jpg

visualmusiC wrote:
Seymore CAKE wrote:
Taylor Swift... SERIOUSLY?!? THIS ++%# IS A JOKE. They gave this broad the album of the year, noone cared for her before Kanye made her cry. Shameful
smh.gif

Ignorant much?
laugh.gif
You really think being Kanye's victim brought this girl a Grammy? She was massive before him...all he did was bring her to the radar of people who aren't familiar with her music. She's 20 [I think] years old and writes most of her music, had the best selling album of the last year and was critically acclaimed as well. You didn't think she was going to win? Really?
laugh.gif

Congrats to her. Can't imagine getting all those awards at that age.

First don't get it confused, I like Taylor, I like her music (I have a 14yr old sister so I'm exposed to it all the time) I knew who she was before Kanye pulled that stunt and like majority of the world I felt he should've gotten his +#% beat for that.  She's talented and deserves to win awards for her product but make it relative to what its worth.  She had the BEST ALBUM of the year???? Seriously?  Relapse was the Best Rap Album of the year???? Seriously? The Grammy's is all about popularity, hence Beyonce was nominated in that category which is some whole other bull +@$@ but I won't dive into that right now. So that statement wasn't to take anything away from her or her music its more so about that politics of the Grammy.  Honestly she's America's Darling right now and if you can honestly look yourself in the mirror and say that it has nothing to do with what happened at the VMA's then you live in a Beautiful Bliss.  To tell you the truth I really expected The Black Eye Peas to win, in all honesty.

Im sorry for you folk that think the Grammys would give you the best of anything. How do people even vote on something that is so subjective?
The Grammys is just another night to watch musicians perform. The actual presenting of the awards is nothing more than an intermission between performances.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

visualmusiC wrote:
Seymore CAKE wrote:
Taylor Swift... SERIOUSLY?!? THIS ++%# IS A JOKE. They gave this broad the album of the year, noone cared for her before Kanye made her cry. Shameful
smh.gif
Ignorant much?
laugh.gif
You really think being Kanye's victim brought this girl a Grammy? She was massive before him...all he did was bring her to the radar of people who aren't familiar with her music. She's 20 [I think] years old and writes most of her music, had the best selling album of the last year and was critically acclaimed as well. You didn't think she was going to win? Really?
laugh.gif

Congrats to her. Can't imagine getting all those awards at that age.

First don't get it confused, I like Taylor, I like her music (I have a 14yr old sister so I'm exposed to it all the time) I knew who she was before Kanye pulled that stunt and like majority of the world I felt he should've gotten his +#% beat for that.  She's talented and deserves to win awards for her product but make it relative to what its worth.  She had the BEST ALBUM of the year???? Seriously?  Relapse was the Best Rap Album of the year???? Seriously? The Grammy's is all about popularity, hence Beyonce was nominated in that category which is some whole other bull +@$@ but I won't dive into that right now. So that statement wasn't to take anything away from her or her music its more so about that politics of the Grammy.  Honestly she's America's Darling right now and if you can honestly look yourself in the mirror and say that it has nothing to do with what happened at the VMA's then you live in a Beautiful Bliss.  To tell you the truth I really expected The Black Eye Peas to win, in all honesty.
This!!!....I dont see how a few guys in here dont get this...they try to turn it into a "u hating cuz your not listening to other type of music" thing when its not even on that....

Honestly she's America's Darling right now and if you can honestly look yourself in the mirror and say that it has nothing to do with what happened at the VMA's then you live in a Beautiful Bliss.
It had nothing to do with what happened at the VMA's

you guys are blind right now, let me put it this way, BEFORE kanye even got on stage, the 30 seconds BEFORE the whole incident occurred, when her name was first announced and she was still in her seat making her way to the stage, Taylor edged out BEYONCE for an award, are we forgetting this? or are you going to say Kanye played a part in her winning that award when it didnt even happen yet
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Yall need to understand the difference.

Sure, what Kanye did at the VMA's boosted Taylor Swifts popularity and she got more well known in hip hop and pop circles.

But she was a VERY successful artist before this and put out a great album.
Originally Posted by Dynamics82

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

why cats saying kanye help taylor win that @!&&@ didnt make no song for that album I think some of yall mad
word she been puttin in work way before the kanye incident i aint mad she on her grind
Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

people who know nothing about music other than hip hip think kanye got her the win.

open your minds a little.
Originally Posted by justhotkicks

I don'tthink some of you understand how big Taylor Swift is. She's more tocountry/pop than Kanye is to Hip-Hop/Pop. In the end, she'll makeBritney-money look like chump change.

And yes, she was well on her way before the VMA crap.
Originally Posted by Beats05

You guysseriously think no world exists outside of your hip-hop box. Mainstreamculture remembers Joe Jonas dumping her on the telephone and her datingthe Twilight guy more than they do Kanye interrupting her at the VMA's.Her album was #1 on the billboards for 11 weeks and sold 5 millionbefore the Kanye incident. Her first album, which I'm sure you guysdidn't even know existed, sold 4.5 mil.
Originally Posted by gko2408

I'm sorry but America would still have no idea who this woman is if Kanye had not pulled that stunt... thats a fact.
Erroneous.  You haven't been paying attention to the music world or national media/gossip if you believe that Kanye "made" her.  Her "Fearless" album opened at No. 1on the Billboard and has stayed in the top 25 for the year after it'srelease.  Along with the extraordinary Album sales, she is the DARLINGof America. 

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Ya'll seriously givin too much credit to Ye.

That *$+#% is a pop singer (and country) who was already on her way, her songs are everywhere.
kanye_shrug.png

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

Seymore CAKE wrote:
Honestly she's America's Darling right now and if you can honestly look yourself in the mirror and say that it has nothing to do with what happened at the VMA's then you live in a Beautiful Bliss.

you guys are blind right now, let me put it this way, BEFORE kanye even got on stage, the 30 seconds BEFORE the whole incident occurred, when her name was first announced and she was still in her seat making her way to the stage, Taylor edged out BEYONCE for an award, are we forgetting this? or are you going to say Kanye played a part in her winning that award when it didnt even happen yet
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

For one the amount of emoticons used is way past od.  Secondly no we're not forgetting that, she was up against Single Ladies that video was trash she should've won based off artistic integrity alone.  But at the same time are you forgetting about the amount of publicity she had before and after the award show?  Are you seriously going to attempt to compare those two time periods?  I mean seriously G, there were actualy news stations reporting on that event, it was on CNN.  People who rarely ever listen to music besides it being back ground noise knew her name and her face after that.  You honestly don't believe that contributed to her sales as of late????

Furthermore like I stated, I have nothing against her as an artist, I respect her music because its a product of herself.  But in all honesty to tell Grammys are full of %$%% and thats the point I was making.  While you all are trying to make it seem as though Taylor Swift has become this Mega Superstar because of her music thats simply not the truth.  She does numbers because Country Music fans actually go out and support their Genre unlike any other genre of music, closest being rock, furthermore since when does sales = quality of a product?  All it proves is popularity, and her vast popularity can be directly attributted to Kanye taking the microphone from her in the middle of her winning her first award.  Do you honestly believe that Fearless was Thee Best Album Of The Year?  Out of everything that you heard in the past year, Taylor Swifts product was mind blowingly the best thing your ears encountered?

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

Yall need to understand the difference.

Sure, what Kanye did at the VMA's boosted Taylor Swifts popularity and she got more well known in hip hop and pop circles.

But she was a VERY successful artist before this and put out a great album.
Originally Posted by Dynamics82

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

why cats saying kanye help taylor win that @!&&@ didnt make no song for that album I think some of yall mad
word she been puttin in work way before the kanye incident i aint mad she on her grind
Originally Posted by itz rOLLi

people who know nothing about music other than hip hip think kanye got her the win.

open your minds a little.
Originally Posted by justhotkicks

I don'tthink some of you understand how big Taylor Swift is. She's more tocountry/pop than Kanye is to Hip-Hop/Pop. In the end, she'll makeBritney-money look like chump change.

And yes, she was well on her way before the VMA crap.
Originally Posted by Beats05

You guysseriously think no world exists outside of your hip-hop box. Mainstreamculture remembers Joe Jonas dumping her on the telephone and her datingthe Twilight guy more than they do Kanye interrupting her at the VMA's.Her album was #1 on the billboards for 11 weeks and sold 5 millionbefore the Kanye incident. Her first album, which I'm sure you guysdidn't even know existed, sold 4.5 mil.
Originally Posted by gko2408

I'm sorry but America would still have no idea who this woman is if Kanye had not pulled that stunt... thats a fact.
Erroneous.  You haven't been paying attention to the music world or national media/gossip if you believe that Kanye "made" her.  Her "Fearless" album opened at No. 1on the Billboard and has stayed in the top 25 for the year after it'srelease.  Along with the extraordinary Album sales, she is the DARLINGof America. 

Ya'll seriously givin too much credit to Ye.

That *$+#% is a pop singer (and country) who was already on her way, her songs are everywhere.
kanye_shrug.png

/ Grammys

Seymore CAKE wrote:

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

For one the amount of emoticons used is way past od.  Secondly no we're not forgetting that, she was up against Single Ladies that video was trash she should've won based off artistic integrity alone.  But at the same time are you forgetting about the amount of publicity she had before and after the award show?  Are you seriously going to attempt to compare those two time periods?  I mean seriously G, there were actualy news stations reporting on that event, it was on CNN.  People who rarely ever listen to music besides it being back ground noise knew her name and her face after that.  You honestly don't believe that contributed to her sales as of late????

Furthermore like I stated, I have nothing against her as an artist, I respect her music because its a product of herself.  But in all honesty to tell Grammys are full of %$%% and thats the point I was making.  While you all are trying to make it seem as though Taylor Swift has become this Mega Superstar because of her music thats simply not the truth.  She does numbers because Country Music fans actually go out and support their Genre unlike any other genre of music, closest being rock, furthermore since when does sales = quality of a product?  All it proves is popularity, and her vast popularity can be directly attributted to Kanye taking the microphone from her in the middle of her winning her first award.  Do you honestly believe that Fearless was Thee Best Album Of The Year? Out of everything that you heard in the past year, Taylor Swifts product was mind blowingly the best thing your ears encountered?
Precisely. Country music fans (if you can consider today's "country" country) go out and support their musicians. Some of that may have to do with the inability to get fast internet service south of the hootenanny  The marketing machine behind Today's country musicians is impressive.  It's simple too.  Market the stars to where they can be seen as everyday people.  It's the same ticket George W. Bush won on.  Market yourself as being Joe Schmo to the Wal-Mart frenzied fans and let those same clueless fans suckle at the teat none the wiser.  They will lap up anything served to them.  I seriously thought the most brilliant marketing move ever would be if Taylor Swift were to date an actor from a Twilight film.  No one spends money supporting what they are told to love like Today's country music fans and frumpy lusting teenagers. What a crossover that could have been if it worked.

All I know is that Pink's performance %##%+%$ on everyone's, and Beyonce (although she can sing) stays recycling performances from her tours.

All I know is that Pink's performance %##%+%$ on everyone's, and Beyonce (although she can sing) stays recycling performances from her tours.
Like Pink hasn't done that cirque du soleil nonsense before?

pissed

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

She never did anything like THAT before....last night was straight up sick and she held her vocals throughout the whole thing.

Even GaGa comes up with new +$@! for the Grammy's.

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

She never did anything like THAT before....last night was straight up sick and she held her vocals throughout the whole thing.

I was sooooooooo impressed by that... She was absolutely amazing.

Dudes are really buggin' out that Taylor Swift won Album of the Year. It's the Grammys we're talking about here. You might as well just call it the Teen Choice Awards. Taylor deserves the award whether you like her or you love Kanye.

Back
Top Bottom