Tesla lookin sick VOL. potentially insolvent soon

I heard that the tax credit will be ending soon for EV's. Is that true?

soon as Telsa supasses a set limit for EV cars sold they will no longer be eligible for da tax credit.

When will the $7,500 federal EV tax credit get cut for GM and Tesla? Soon
Tesla delivers its 200,000th unit in Q4 this year. Consumers would still get the full credit for vehicles delivered in 2019 Q1, but then for deliveries made in 2019 Q2 and Q3, the credit gets cut in half. Then it gets cut in half again for the next two quarters. So if production goes as planned, which is a phrase never uttered once about Tesla in its 15-year history, the federal tax credit for buying a Tesla will be nil by mid-2020.

may be closer to the 200,000 mark due to the Cadillac ELR, Cadillac CT6, the Bolt EV and the Chevy Volt, which went on sale in late 2010 along with the Nissan Leaf. CNN estimated GM had sold more than 160,000 electric vehicles as of late February.

The Model 3 is the best-selling EV so far in 2018, according to insideevs.com. As you may have heard, Tesla is ramping up production from a planned 2,500 week now (which it is falling short of by about 100 to 200 units) to 5,000 Model 3s per week by the end of 2018 Q2. Everyone except Elon Musk expects it won’t reach that goal, but consumers may be tired of waiting.

As of August 2017, which was the last time Tesla reported the number of Model 3 cancellations, about 63,000 people had canceled their order. If Congress doesn’t change the law, it is reasonable to expect more cancellations before the expected 2019 deliveries. Following Tesla and GM’s lead, every major automaker has a plug-in hybrid on the market, with imminent plans for fully electric vehicles. So there will be plenty of options for an EV for the masses with the full credit by 2019.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/class...federal-ev-tax-credit-cut-20180413-story.html

I heard that the tax credit will be ending soon for EV's. Is that true?

They expire and get extended pretty frequently by house/senate. Kind of a every year couple thing. The current deal is first 200,000 electric vehicles per auto maker. Then you get one more quarter of the full 7500$, then it begins to be phased out. Tesla hasn't hit 200,000 yet, full credit should last until end of this year at minimum.

If NH above article is correct, and hit 200,000 Q4. There will be access to full credit Q1 2019, and then phase out. Mine is scheduled for delivery "late 2018" so I'm in the clear

I think anyone worth their salt that works in finance knows that once the Germans adapt this lithium technology into their cars (which btw is already beginning) Tesla is screwed.

Good luck competing with the likes of Volkswagen. Musk wants no parts of that.

For my free summary, Tesla's big advantage was being first to market, and offering a niche product that they could charge a premium for, advantages that are eroding fast. In my opinion they should have just kept making cars for rich people.

What will be interesting to see is the recent lifting of requirements in China obligating a Chinese partner for electric vehicles. Tesla should take advantage of that, and fast.

Tesla's technology is solid. Unfortunately, for them they are ahead of the curve. Realistically battery tech needs to improve for EVs to go main stream.

Having that auto pilot tech in regular gas vehicles would be clutch though.

I think anyone worth their salt that works in finance knows that once the Germans adapt this lithium technology into their cars (which btw is already beginning) Tesla is screwed.

For my free summary, Tesla's big advantage was being first to market, and offering a niche product that they could charge a premium for, advantages that are eroding fast. In my opinion they should have just kept making cars for rich people.

What will be interesting to see is the recent lifting of requirements in China obligating a Chinese partner for electric vehicles. Tesla should take advantage of that, and fast.
China and Japan is so smart with that
How u can’t be in the country
Without that country being apart of it somehow with ownership
And I think with Japan no company
Can be owned by someone who isn’t Japanese or something like that
Forgot the exact logistics

I started looking at Musk different when he said Edison >Tesla. Like ***** what?
Dude became just another guy to me after that.

Porsche Mission E bout to eat into Model S sales.

Tesla isn’t going anywhere it’s a brand that is only going to keep growing. China taking it over lulz. If they need money or go on sale, they’ll partner with Apple, Google, Amazon or Microsoft.

Tesla isn’t going anywhere it’s a brand that is only going to keep growing. China taking it over lulz

what's so funny? you aware China is in da process of taking over Daimler (Mercedes Benz Parent company) hostile style?

Li's deal for the stake in Daimler raised fears in Germany about the country's most-prized assets falling into Chinese hands, especially because the deal had not triggered normal disclosure thresholds and so caught market insiders unaware.

Earlier this month Germany's spy chief urged vigilance over increased moves by Chinese companies to invest in and acquire high-technology German companies, warning the loss of key technologies could harm the German economy.

Li, a well-connected entrepreneur, had used Hong Kong shell companies, derivatives, bank financing and carefully structured share options to keep the plan under wraps until, at a stroke, he become Daimler's single largest shareholder.

Zetsche added the firm was not currently considering cooperation with Li or his company Geely. Daimler already has a Chinese joint venture partner BAIC (1958.HK).

Li and his firm Zhejiang Geely Holding control Sweden's Volvo Cars, London black-cab maker LEVC as well as its own Hong Kong-listed unit Geely Automobile Holdings (0175.HK). It has also agreed to buy a $3.3 billion stake in Volvo Trucks.

Several major deals last year raised German sensitivities about multi-billion euro foreign takeovers, notably Chinese home appliance maker Midea Group (000333.SZ) buying German robotics firm Kuka (KU2G.DE), and Hong Kong billionaire Li Ka-shing buying German metering firm Ista.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...by-chinese-car-magnate-li-shufu-idUSKBN1HW0C4

Tesla is a lil guppy in comparison b.

what's so funny? you aware China is in da process of taking over Daimler (Mercedes Benz Parent company) hostile style?

Li's deal for the stake in Daimler raised fears in Germany about the country's most-prized assets falling into Chinese hands, especially because the deal had not triggered normal disclosure thresholds and so caught market insiders unaware.

Earlier this month Germany's spy chief urged vigilance over increased moves by Chinese companies to invest in and acquire high-technology German companies, warning the loss of key technologies could harm the German economy.

Li, a well-connected entrepreneur, had used Hong Kong shell companies, derivatives, bank financing and carefully structured share options to keep the plan under wraps until, at a stroke, he become Daimler's single largest shareholder.

Zetsche added the firm was not currently considering cooperation with Li or his company Geely. Daimler already has a Chinese joint venture partner BAIC (1958.HK).

Li and his firm Zhejiang Geely Holding control Sweden's Volvo Cars, London black-cab maker LEVC as well as its own Hong Kong-listed unit Geely Automobile Holdings (0175.HK). It has also agreed to buy a $3.3 billion stake in Volvo Trucks.

Several major deals last year raised German sensitivities about multi-billion euro foreign takeovers, notably Chinese home appliance maker Midea Group (000333.SZ) buying German robotics firm Kuka (KU2G.DE), and Hong Kong billionaire Li Ka-shing buying German metering firm Ista.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...by-chinese-car-magnate-li-shufu-idUSKBN1HW0C4

What’s strikes me as odd
Is u can’t even do the same to them
The Chinese wouldn’t even allow that exact thing they’re doing
To be done to them
In order to even do business in that country
U HAVE to partner with a Chinese company inside of China

You assume Mercedes doesn't get supplanted by another luxury brand.

What’s strikes me as odd
Is u can’t even do the same to them
The Chinese wouldn’t even allow that exact thing they’re doing
To be done to them
In order to even do business in that country
U HAVE to partner with a Chinese company inside of China

not only that, but essentially give up your trade secrets. They're bad actors.

Let's just say the dealer I sold it to sold it within two weeks for $10k more than what I received.

That's why you see more on the west coast. Electricity is overall cheaper than from somewhere in Ohio where they depend on coal

Some power plants still run on diesel. Expensive af.

China gonna be the new leader of the world
Very soon
Folks don’t even realize it
All the companies they buying up in the us
The money they spending in Africa
Only a matter of time
Inevitable at this point.

Only way to delay (not stop) Is to work cohesively with other European countries and Japan/South Korea. Essentially Avengers style.....Highly unlikely based on the sample we've seen.

China gonna be the new leader of the world
Very soon
Folks don’t even realize it
All the companies they buying up in the us
The money they spending in Africa
Only a matter of time

Very soon?

I don't think they have nearly the support from other countries like we do.

Inevitable at this point.

Only way to delay (not stop) Is to work cohesively with other European countries and Japan/South Korea. Essentially Avengers style.....Highly unlikely based on the sample we've seen.
:rofl:
Yeeeeeah
we can’t even work with each other
In this country
No way we can work great with other countries
What’s also like wild is
China is all about tradition
And respect and all that
But gets thrown out the window
When they tryna end out on top
Bunch of phony ****

Porsche Mission E bout to eat into Model S sales.

It won't. The mission E is going to be competing with the other luxury brands, not Tesla.

Tesla has carved out a nice niche for themselves. They've become synonymous with electric vehicles and, now, self-driving vehicles. They're not going anywhere. Hell, as a brand, Tesla has already surpassed the traditional luxury brands. They're not going anywhere because a competitor puts out a new car.

As for the company failing, maybe? But you've got to remember, Tesla is a battery company first and the automotive branch simply serves as proof of concept. I've always felt that a production or licensing deal with one of the majors was always inevitable for Tesla (GM?), and that will still remain a viable option if things do go south.

But if you're that confident in their demise, short them.

Tesla has already surpassed the traditional luxury brands

:lol:

Tesla has notoriously spotty reliability, and you'd have to be completely delusional if you think more established brands encroaching on Tesla's ground ain't gonna be felt.

It won't. The mission E is going to be competing with the other luxury brands, not Tesla.

Tesla has carved out a nice niche for themselves. They've become synonymous with electric vehicles and, now, self-driving vehicles. They're not going anywhere. Hell, as a brand, Tesla has already surpassed the traditional luxury brands. They're not going anywhere because a competitor puts out a new car.

As for the company failing, maybe? But you've got to remember, Tesla is a battery company first and the automotive branch simply serves as proof of concept. I've always felt that a production or licensing deal with one of the majors was always inevitable for Tesla (GM?), and that will still remain a viable option if things do go south.

But if you're that confident in their demise, short them.

Agreed. I just think that finally the Model S had a legit competitor and that the Mission E will be an option for a lot of people if they also want that Porsche pedigree.

Back
Top Bottom