Rajon Rondo is a Hall Of Famer**

Dude is too mentally tough. Ever since he was going at it 1 on 1 vs. KD in that game of H-O-R-S-E on All Star weekend years ago 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Whoever said we had to wait five years to begin the discussion is dead wrong. If Rondo keeps playing like this for five more years, he's solidified his case.

Yeah man guy is great..idk how people in this thread ca really make a case that he's not a HOFer right now already...they need to take a look at some of the scrubs who haven't done half as much already in there

No he's still not a HOFer you prisoners of the moment.
Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

Whoever said we had to wait five years to begin the discussion is dead wrong. If Rondo keeps playing like this for five more years, he's solidified his case.
Contradictory post is contradictory.

If he plays like this for 5 more years he's made his case but whoever said we have to wait 5 years is dead wrong?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He has HOF'er numbers already. But many people nvr want to admit someone is a HOF'er until they're further in their career. Which makes sense, but dude is indeed ridiculous.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

If he plays like this for 5 more years he's made his case but whoever said we have to wait 5 years is dead wrong?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
my god

He's a good player. I give him props, but i'm not sure if you guys are serious already. Will T-Mac and Derrick Rose even make the HOF?

Originally Posted by AirThompson

He has HOF'er numbers already. But many people nvr want to admit someone is a HOF'er until they're further in their career. Which makes sense, but dude is indeed ridiculous.
His career stat line right now is not HOF worthy. Neither is his total points, assists, steals, fg%, etc. So what #s are hall of fame numbers already? Bet they aint better than Vince Carter's or Allen Iverson's.

Originally Posted by IamDavidRice

24 career triple doubles...9 playoff triple doubles dawg
Check out that stat line ma
Impressive but
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ you being no different than the OP by focusing only on triple doubles. Triple doubles aint getting you in the HOF alone. Don't get it twisted when ppl talk about Oscar Robertson. Triple double stats are just icing on the cake for a real hof career.

I'll ignore that last sentence and assume you left out the letter n. If not you suspect.

Career stats:

[table][tr][td]
Career
[/td][/tr][tr][td]10.8pts[/td][td]8.1asts[/td][td]4.4rbds[/td][/tr][/table]

Yea, not HOF stats bro.

If that's so Marbury should be HOF, he averaged 20and 8 for his career.

Impressive but
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ you being no different than the OP by focusing only on triple doubles. Triple doubles aint getting you in the HOF alone. Don't get it twisted when ppl talk about Oscar Robertson. Triple double stats are just icing on the cake for a real hof career.

I'll ignore that last sentence and assume you left out the letter n. If not you suspect.
yet that's the only people talk about when they talk about O. 

Originally Posted by Dragon

Impressive but
roll.gif
roll.gif

But they talk about it because the Big O AVERAGED a Triple Double. That's not the same as saying "He got x amount of them"...
For the record, I think Rondo will be a HOF, and I've been a fan of dude since Eastern HS in Kentucky right before he went to Oak Hill when dude was featured in Slam Magazine 
nerd.gif

No. I think we can really start this discussion when he is 7-8 years in the league. Right now, it is too early. Yes he had a great night tonight but he will need many more nights like this to even be considered.

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Impressive but
roll.gif
roll.gif

But they talk about it because the Big O AVERAGED a Triple Double. That's not the same as saying "He got x amount of them"...
For the record, I think Rondo will be a HOF, and I've been a fan of dude since Eastern HS in Kentucky right before he went to Oak Hill when dude was featured in Slam Magazine 
nerd.gif

I am OP fool

I hate the Celtics with a PASSION. But Rondo is indeed my favorite point guard. Hands down.

It would feel so much better tuning in and seeing him play for a team that I don't despise.

He is one of the best in his position, the best on a relatively successful team, he's won a championship, and presumably he will continue to lead the league in assists for the next few seasons. Just as importantly, I don't expect his game to decline for at least several more years. So he's a lock. 

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Career stats:

[table][tr][td]
Career

Yea, not HOF stats bro.

Look at Jason Kidd's career stats. Someday, he'll be in the hall, so it is not all about career stats.

Impressive but
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ignoring how bad this sentence is worded and assuming you were trying to be sarcastic that's exactly what I'm saying though. This sudden emphasis on triple doubles as if they're the main thing to look at to see if a player is a hofer is ridiculously dumb. In general I just assumed ppl are running with O averaging a triple double once for a whole season. Thing is ppl should know it wasn't just that that made him great.
Originally Posted by Savraj1

Career stats:

[table][tr][td]
Career

Yea, not HOF stats bro.

Look at Jason Kidd's career stats. Someday, he'll be in the hall, so it is not all about career stats.
Yeah it's not just career stats. It's career totals in each category as well.

You compare Kidd's to Rondo's right now and you'd be lying to say both are HOFers. Between the two, right now only Kidd is. PPL need to stick to the thread title and what was said in the OP. Rajon Rondo isn't a HOFer, will he be one? If he continues the way he's going most likely. Right now? Hell no. If he were to retire after this season he wouldn't even be considered.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
My point was that the discussion about his candidacy for entering the hall of fame starts now, today. It's not, 'five more years of his current production and then we can start thinking about him going to the hall of fame,' but 'five more years and there's no more discussion.' Maybe I'm too tired and that still doesn't make sense, but it seems okay on this end.

Impressive but
roll.gif
roll.gif

Ignoring how bad this sentence is worded and assuming you were trying to be sarcastic that's exactly what I'm saying though. This sudden emphasis on triple doubles as if they're the main thing to look at to see if a player is a hofer is ridiculously dumb. In general I just assumed ppl are running with O averaging a triple double once for a whole season. Thing is ppl should know it wasn't just that that made him great.
Originally Posted by Savraj1

Career stats:

[table][tr][td]
Career

Yea, not HOF stats bro.

Yeah it's not just career stats. It's career totals in each category as well.

You compare Kidd's to Rondo's right now and you'd be lying to say both are HOFers. Between the two, right now only Kidd is. PPL need to stick to the thread title and what was said in the OP. Rajon Rondo isn't a HOFer, will he be one? If he continues the way he's going most likely. Right now? Hell no. If he were to retire after this season he wouldn't even be considered.

I know that if he retired right now, he would not make it to the HOF. That would be ridiculous. Instead, I'm making this comparison for those who think that with these averages at the end of a 15 (or so) year career, he would not make it. Basically, even with stats like these, he's fine. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
My point was that the discussion about his candidacy for entering the hall of fame starts now, today. It's not, 'five more years of his current production and then we can start thinking about him going to the hall of fame,' but 'five more years and there's no more discussion.' Maybe I'm too tired and that still doesn't make sense, but it seems okay on this end.
It makes sense Brah
smokin.gif

He's one of the best to ever do it when the lights are brightest
pimp.gif

44 8 and 10 in a crucial ECF game (albeit in a losing effort) ?
pimp.gif

LOL CP3 doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Rondo.

CP3: career loser, fragile, cry baby flopper.

Rondo: champion, gritty as hell, never makes excuses, all-around baller.

If Rondo had a consistent jumper he'd be the best player in the league after Lebron; hands down.

CP3 is fat and out of shape too. He can't stay healthy because he's throwing his chubby body all over the floor on a nightly basis.

The Clips will continue to do nothing in the West while Rondo , Bradley, Doc and the Celtics will be running show in the East for years to come.

Rondo just had the greatest performance in NBA playoff history. He's 26. He's a lock for the HOF let's get real
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom