Rajon Rondo is a Hall Of Famer**

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I feel like there's never any middle ground with Rondo now.
Some think he's better than CP3 or Rose (I don't know how) and on the other end of the spectrum people still think Paul/KG/Ray 'make' him. (not sure there's a worse basketball opinion that's held by a large group of people).
This. I dont know if its Celtic bias or what but Rondo is not better than CP3, D Williams or Rose. He's still a great PG though. He had 17 ast, 12 reb and 4 stl yestarday.The only PG in the leauge that can do that but his lack of offensive game and FT shooting is whats holding him back.

Originally Posted by srvballer

Rondo is quickly becoming one of the most overrated players in the league. He has amazing vision and is a great competitor but he doesn't 'carry' a team and never will.

He's barely a top 5 PG in the L right now. He'd have to play at this high level for AT LEAST 5 more years for a HOF convo to be brought up
He lead the league in assists this year and currently has his team in the hunt when everyone thought they were too old...curious to see who's in your top 5. 
My top 5, in no order: CP3, Deron, Rondo, Westbrook, Rose.

Magic Johnson said that Chris Paul took the Point Guard position to a place that its never been before....

Magic Johnson.

I'm not seeing any argument that could be made to prove Rondo is better than CP3. Chris Paul can go scoreless and still imprint his will on a game. He's the most cerebral player I've seen since J. Kidd in his prime.
Against balanced and experienced playoff teams Rondo becomes a liability as smart defenses sag off of him and pack the paint. Thats why Boston has looked to trade him on multiple occasions. I don't want to hear about the Hof or that hes the best PG in the league until he improves on that.

The role of the PG is to facilitate the offense...there isn't anyone in the NBA who does it better than CP3/Rondo.

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Rondo is quickly becoming one of the most overrated players in the league. He has amazing vision and is a great competitor but he doesn't 'carry' a team and never will.

He's barely a top 5 PG in the L right now. He'd have to play at this high level for AT LEAST 5 more years for a HOF convo to be brought up
He lead the league in assists this year and currently has his team in the hunt when everyone thought they were too old...curious to see who's in your top 5. 
My top PG's in order: CP3, Rose, Dwill, Westbrook, Rondo, Nash, Parker

Listen I'm not a Rondo hater, I truly appreciate his basketball IQ and savy. All I'm saying is he is very offensively challenged and I haven't seen much improvement in his jumper that past few year. I also despise how teams attempt to defend him, backing off five feet just gives him easier passing angles and all the time in the world to make key basketball decisions.

Originally Posted by IamDavidRice

Originally Posted by tim teufel

Are u serious hall of famer now? Damn some of u are truly insane
Numbers Don't Lie

They most certainly don't. And right now they say that this is only his sixth season in the league. You would have to go up in the Jordan/Magic/Bird range to find an example of someone who was a hall of famer after their sixth season.

[Starks]Did dis dude just deeud dis?[/Starks]

He really said he LED the Celtics to a championship
laugh.gif
As the fourth best player playing alongside 3 future HOF... If his career ended today I doubt he would get a single HOF vote. IFF he continues at this pace for another 7 years or so and picks up another title then we can have this discussion.

Listen I'm not a Rondo hater, I truly appreciate his basketball IQ and savy. All I'm saying is he is very offensively challenged and I haven't seen much improvement in his jumper that past few year. I also despise how teams attempt to defend him, backing off five feet just gives him easier passing angles and all the time in the world to make key basketball decisions.
Not saying you're wrong, I just think you're being a tad bit extreme in your assessment. Try watching a few Celtics games. I've definitely noticed improvement in his outside game, especially recently....he just hit a jumper to ice Game 1 yesterday. 

Not saying you're wrong, I just think you're being a tad bit extreme in your assessment. Try watching a few Celtics games. I've definitely noticed improvement in his outside game, especially recently....he just hit a jumper to ice Game 1 yesterday. 

Outta the PGs who play 30+ min a night, here's how he stacks up w. shooting. 

At rim:
2exbnlt.png

3-9 feet
28s90ms.png

10-15 feet
96i29x.png

16-23 feet
96i29x.png

Yes, he did hit some jumpers yesterday....but that shot is still a mess. 

Originally Posted by RavageBX

What does Rondo do that Chris Paul can't? I can name you a number of things CP3 does that Rondo cannot.

Rebound

Originally Posted by Dok

What does Rondo do that Chris Paul can't? I can name you a number of things CP3 does that Rondo cannot.

Rebound
We know one thing that Paul does that Rondo doesnt and thats shoot...But I would be interested in what this "number of things" is

He WILL be.. But currently he doesn't deserve it..

He's had 4 good years.. He's an amazing PG.. But 4 years does not qualify you for the Hall of Fame..

Originally Posted by IamDavidRice

Originally Posted by Noskey

Rajon Rondo is will be a Hall Of Famer**
*if he continues in this form.

Fixed.
I say right now if his career stopped he would be a hall of famer...maybe not first ballot but a hall of famer

uh what? he has only been in the league 5 years and he had maybe 3 decent years. His first 2 years in the league were nothing spectacular. If he continues to get better, especially his J and his free throws, I think he can be a HoF someday but he is no where close to being a HoF right now.  

Originally Posted by solarius49

Originally Posted by Dok

Rebound
We know one thing that Paul does that Rondo doesnt and thats shoot...But I would be interested in what this "number of things" is
Chris Paul has averaged more rebounds for his career. So you might want to find something else Dok.
As for the number of things Chris Paul does better, firstly you can't just say "shoot" as if its a singular thing. Shooting is not rebounding. There are multiple ways a shooter can impact a game. From three, at the FT line, at the rim, etc. CP3 does them all better. It's one thing to not be able to hit a three point shot or a contested jumper, and its a completely separate thing to not be able to knock down a simple free throw. CP3 is much better at finishing at the rim as well, with or without contact. We also know that Chris Paul is consistently at the top of the league in steals. He's also got a clutch factor that Rondo does not have. No question who is the better choice to have the ball at the end of a game. Rondo can only make the right decision if it doesn't involve him taking the shot. Chris Paul is also a better leader. His teams rally around him. While Rondo is clearly the floor general, his team doesn't look to him for anything but the ball. At best maybe you can argue that Rondo gives them extra toughness, but then again so does CP3. Rondo isn't even the captain of his team. While Chris Paul is and has been a captain on the teams he has played for. Chris Paul basically does everything Rondo can do and thensome. The difference in APG is not a question of skill at all. CP3 can dish the rock with the best of them. He'd probably avg as many assists if he were scared to put the rock up like Rondo. And Rondo's team is built perfectly to rack up assists (and CP3 still averages more assists over his career). So I don't even see how this is an argument at all really. Rondo is an assist machine but CP3 has him beat in all other facets and could likely match him assist wise if he wanted to (and he had better shooters around him).

scary part, is he still has a lot of room for improvement
reminds me of tp

Why is everyone straying from the topic? Both cp3 and rondo are fantastic players, and both will make the HOF if they continue a high level of play

Watching dude make some of the passes he makes is like watching a magician perform. Blows my mind sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom