Rajon Rondo is a Hall Of Famer**

This NT Rajon Rondo love fest has gone on long enough and needs to END immediately if not sooner.  This !!+@ is getting out of hand.

Originally Posted by srvballer

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Originally Posted by srvballer

Rondo is quickly becoming one of the most overrated players in the league. He has amazing vision and is a great competitor but he doesn't 'carry' a team and never will.

He's barely a top 5 PG in the L right now. He'd have to play at this high level for AT LEAST 5 more years for a HOF convo to be brought up
He lead the league in assists this year and currently has his team in the hunt when everyone thought they were too old...curious to see who's in your top 5. 
My top 5, in no order: CP3, Deron, Rondo, Westbrook, Rose.
My top PG's in order: CP3, Rose, Dwill, Westbrook, Rondo, Nash, Parker

Listen I'm not a Rondo hater, I truly appreciate his basketball IQ and savy. All I'm saying is he is very offensively challenged and I haven't seen much improvement in his jumper that past few year. I also despise how teams attempt to defend him, backing off five feet just gives him easier passing angles and all the time in the world to make key basketball decisions.
Im not even mad at this, nor do I see how this is a slight to Rondo.  All of these names, if they continue to produce at their current levels are future HOF'ers.  And you put him ahead of Parker who was an MVP candidate this year

IMO-Not there yet, but well on his way. IF his continues to keep working on that jumper, no question. As far as him playing with Pierce, Garnett, Allen keep this in mind- When Rondo drives nobody is going to leave one of those 3 for an open shot or layup. Once he beats the first defender a lot of times he has a clear path to the bucket. Down the line ( post Big 3 era) the defense will collapse on him and he WILL find the open man for wide open jumpers and dunks. I don't see his assists, steals, or rebounds falling off anytime soon. His scoring might slide, that's why he needs to keep working on the jumper

without a doubt
pimp.gif

Rondo is at WORST the 2nd best player on the Celtics, and has been for the last 2-3 years.

You can't keep pumping this "Oh look who has around him argument" when he has shown that he can play as well, if not better when members of Boston's big 3 are out and he gets Avery Bradley (who is playing very good ball) and Brandon Bass easy/open looks all the time. I figured this kind of argument would go out the window when you see guys like Mario Chalmers and Ramon Sessions not having anywhere near the effect that Rondo has on the game and they have 3 ELITE players on the court w/ them @ the same time.

Harp on his jumpshot all you like, but the fact is the kid is special w/ the rock in his hands.

man I hate the celtics, but i swear Rondo have me cheering for them dudes. lol.
i mean i wanna fight ray allen but I be throwin up them 3's when he gets an dime from rondo. lol.

and he got a pretty fresh back tat with the Rolls-Royce logo.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Rondo is at WORST the 2nd best player on the Celtics, and has been for the last 2-3 years.

You can't keep pumping this "Oh look who has around him argument" when he has shown that he can play as well, if not better when members of Boston's big 3 are out and he gets Avery Bradley (who is playing very good ball) and Brandon Bass easy/open looks all the time. I figured this kind of argument would go out the window when you see guys like Mario Chalmers and Ramon Sessions not having anywhere near the effect that Rondo has on the game and they have 3 ELITE players on the court w/ them @ the same time.

Harp on his jumpshot all you like, but the fact is the kid is special w/ the rock in his hands.
eek.gif
 - Finally...someone with logic.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

He WILL be.. But currently he doesn't deserve it..

He's had 4 good years.. He's an amazing PG.. But 4 years does not qualify you for the Hall of Fame..
I have to agree with you.

Rondo is easily one of my favorite players but some of yall are on that water to call him HOF right now. If he can round out his offensive game with a jumpshot...good lord.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Originally Posted by dreClark

eek.gif
 - Finally...someone with logic.
pimp.gif
Nah fam. That logic doesn't work at all. No one is denying Rondo is a phenomenal passer. You add in good to hall of fame level finishers and the result is a ton of assists. You can't compare Sessions or Chalmers b/c neither one of them are on his level as a passer. If you put CP3 or Nash in Rondo's position you lose nothing as far as passing goes. And both Nash and CP3 have also proven that they can rack up assists with mediocre talent as well. Rondo is a great talent but trying to differentiate him from other top tier guards in the league by virtue of his passing ability is a losing argument.

But its not a slight to Rondo to compare him to 2 of the best ever. I remember when J Kidd was a terrible shooter, but he was a threat with his passing ability, and had VC, KMart, Richard Jefferson and Kerry Kittles. Thats pretty much the same situation Rondo is in. and lets not act like the big 3 are anywhere near their prime

Originally Posted by solarius49

But its not a slight to Rondo to compare him to 2 of the best ever. I remember when J Kidd was a terrible shooter, but he was a threat with his passing ability, and had VC, KMart, Richard Jefferson and Kerry Kittles. Thats pretty much the same situation Rondo is in. and lets not act like the big 3 are anywhere near their prime
Not a slight at all. He just ain't top dog. He has the potential though.

How does it not work when people are insinuating that the only reason he puts up #'s is because of the cast around him? Paul is finishing plays like a prime Paul? KG like prime KG? Does Ray Allen even start? At 67 and 65 and 87 years old respectively it's not like them dudes are running the wings like D-Wade every night. If ppl are saying that he is only getting #'s because of his cast, then essentially they are calling him a Sessions/Chalmers level player at the end of the day. Ppl would have a point if the Big 3 were carrying that team, but they are not.

I'm not differentiating him From guys like Paul because of his passing as I don't believe that he is a better passer or a better player than Paul is. However, Rondo is unquestionably an Elite PG and gets his #'s every night regardless of who is on the floor with him. He runs that offense to perfection. You put Nash on that team and the whole dynamics of the team is altered. 

[Funk Flex] BE CLEAR !! [/Flex] I'm not saying he's the best in the L nor am I co-signing this current hall of fame stuff. Just speaking on his status in the league at the moment and the flack he receives.

Oh aight. I never insinuated any such thing. Dude is an elite pg and will always put up great numbers. Having talent around you just amplifies that.

I'm gonna say no. I might be wrong if they somehow wint he eastr this year but we gotta give it a few more years

CP3>*

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Oh aight. I never insinuated any such thing. Dude is an elite pg and will always put up great numbers. Having talent around you just amplifies that.
I just think Rondo has earned the right to get his just due without an asterisk or mention of his supporting cast...
When people say Kobe, LeBron, CP3, Deron, you never hear them say "Well Kobe has Shaq, Pau, Bynum, etc"...They said it before, but after a while, people just stopped bringing up that nonsense. It's clear that Kobe is putting up 28-30 a night whether his sidekick is Shaq, Odom, or Chris Mihm. Same goes for LeBron, CP3, Deron, etc. They're putting up #s regardless.

I just feel like people try to discount Rondo, even though he's putting up #s that only Magic, Oscar, prime Kidd, etc have only sniffed.....ever.

So in summary: Rondo is an elite player, period. LeBron isn't clutch, Kobe doesn't pass, Melo can't win in the playoffs, etc...everyone has their flaws...but to nitpick a young player who's obviously on his way to a HOF career is just kind of baffling to me. The way you guys are emphasizing Rondo's struggles with his jumper, you'd swear that Steph Curry could sub in for Rondo and the Celtics would go undefeated. 

Originally Posted by juicyju

Why is everyone straying from the topic? Both cp3 and rondo are fantastic players, and both will make the HOF if they continue a high level of play
That's because if you go by the thread title and the OP, the answer is obviously no so ppl are mentioning other players (who no one ever said were hofers) and other side arguments because saying RR is a hofer is false. Triple double stats are not making you a hofer and saying everyone in the top 10 or 5 trip dub list are or will be hofers does not make a case for Rondo. His whole damn argument is centered around triple doubles and the weak caveat that it took MJ 16 years to get 28 of them.

This is just another prisoner of the moment thread with a few stans and other ppl who want to change the argument and leave the door open for him.

EDIT

I mean look at this ridiculous Mario Chalmers/Ramon Sessions argument. You'd think everyone was saying Rondo is a bum instead of saying he's not a hofer. Like LeBron and Wade don't dominate the ball on the Heat and Bron aint the facilitator. Mario has a different role on that Heat team. Rondo would not be getting the #s he does on the Celts if he was on the Heat. Only elite player Ramon has around him is Kobe btw.

Rondo is in his 6th year. This is a bit premature to say the least lol.

Name 1 HoFer that only played 6 seasons, OP?

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by juicyju

Why is everyone straying from the topic? Both cp3 and rondo are fantastic players, and both will make the HOF if they continue a high level of play
That's because if you go by the thread title and the OP, the answer is obviously no so ppl are mentioning other players (who no one ever said were hofers) and other side arguments because saying RR is a hofer is false. Triple double stats are not making you a hofer and saying everyone in the top 10 or 5 trip dub list are or will be hofers does not make a case for Rondo. His whole damn argument is centered around triple doubles and the weak caveat that it took MJ 16 years to get 28 of them.

This is just another prisoner of the moment thread with a few stans and other ppl who want to change the argument and leave the door open for him.

EDIT

I mean look at this ridiculous Mario Chalmers/Ramon Sessions argument. You'd think everyone was saying Rondo is a bum instead of saying he's not a hofer. Like LeBron and Wade don't dominate the ball on the Heat and Bron aint the facilitator. Mario has a different role on that Heat team. Rondo would not be getting the #s he does on the Celts if he was on the Heat. Only elite player Ramon has around him is Kobe btw.
Wait a second....who is elite NOW on the Celts?
You dont think that right now Pau is as good offensively as KG?

You dont think Bynum is a great player (a headcase though)

Sessions is probably one of my favorite players, and I was thrilled to see him get out of Cleveland, but LA has plenty of talent.

The Chalmers argument is pretty dumb, as is the argument that he is a HOF'er today.  However, if he is consistent for his career then he gets in easily

Rondo is just amazing & this is coming from a Celtic hater

Yo my hats off to Rondo... he played his heart out.

He hustles hard and if the rest of that bum %!@ team would follow suit they'd beat the heat.

Back
Top Bottom